BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FFP Trouble

• Backroom

JW asked for any comments on the current transfer window. SW replied that the injury to Bradley Dack had changed the dynamics for the transfer window, as the club now needed to replace his expected 15 goals and assists

No comment on the £12m spent on two forward players who should be helping towards that? 

• Like 1

Not sure I quite get the "can't invest".

Huddersfield came bottom and netted £93.6 million.

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/club-by-club-a-breakdown-of-the-2018-19-premier-league-prize-money/

If we went £10 million over FFP the fine would be  £7,241,000

If Venkys said "fuck this" and chucked £20 million at promotion the fine would be £27,241,000... before Babu did some creative accounting with the exemptions.

Items 8 and 10 are relevant.

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-5---financial-fair-play-regulations/

So invest £20 million. Don't forget this is in assets (players) not spent.

Cost (fine) £27 million.

Come bottom net £93 million.

Increased revenue £66 million.

Then we would have parachute payments, assuming we go straight back down, with our squad. 

If we don't go up Venkys argue the toss on their £27 mill fine but surely this is simply the money they allegedly want to invest ? Or is it a convenient excuse ?

Giving £20 million to Tony is another subject entirely.

16 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Not sure I quite get the "can't invest".

Huddersfield came bottom and netted £93.6 million.

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/club-by-club-a-breakdown-of-the-2018-19-premier-league-prize-money/

If we went £10 million over FFP the fine would be  £7,241,000

If Venkys said "fuck this" and chucked £20 million at promotion the fine would be £27,241,000... before Babu did some creative accounting with the exemptions.

Items 8 and 10 are relevant.

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-5---financial-fair-play-regulations/

So invest £20 million. Don't forget this is in assets (players) not spent.

Cost (fine) £27 million.

Come bottom net £93 million.

Increased revenue £66 million.

Then we would have parachute payments, assuming we go straight back down, with our squad. 

If we don't go up Venkys argue the toss on their £27 mill fine but surely this is simply the money they allegedly want to invest ? Or is it a convenient excuse ?

Giving £20 million to Tony is another subject entirely.

The points deductions might impact on any promotion push - see Birmingham City’s deduction last season

58 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Waggot once again confirms the match day charge is introduced to put fans off attending, as they don't want last minute attendees as it screws up their catering and staff requirememts. 

That bit makes me hate the current set up. Numbers of pies more important than number of fans. Beggars belief. What a shambles!!

• Like 3

On 20/01/2020 at 19:05, toogs said:

The owners want to invest but they can’t?

Can’t they convert the debt (= bad for FFP)

to shares (=good for FFP).?

Very convenient. 

Last time I checked Ffp restrictions only applied to transfer fees and wages, so even if true there's nothing stopping them from investing and improving our facilities.

Not the most pressing issue I admit, but surely owners keen to invest, improve and take pride in the club would want the place tidying up. Instead the place is filthy and bare minimum investment goes in.

8 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

The points deductions might impact on any promotion push - see Birmingham City’s deduction last season

Birmingham were mid table all last season and sanctions weren't imposed until they were firmly secure and the deduction had minimal impact.

I'd like to see what happens if they try to knock points off a side in the top 6 or just outside the bottom 3. Hasn't happened yet I suspect because they know the club will challenge it all the way.

• Like 2

"There was considerable unrest about current FFP rules, which had been imposed on the EFL by the Premier League."

Well, I never knew it was imposed by the Premier League.

So this is the Premier League giving even more insurance (on top of Parachute payments) for teams that get relegated to the EFL.

.The FUP restrictions merely heighten the odds of relegated clubs returning sooner than the hamstrung others.

25 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

"There was considerable unrest about current FFP rules, which had been imposed on the EFL by the Premier League."

Well, I never knew it was imposed by the Premier League.

So this is the Premier League giving even more insurance (on top of Parachute payments) for teams that get relegated to the EFL.

.The FUP restrictions merely heighten the odds of relegated clubs returning sooner than the hamstrung others.

I don't understand how Waggott can say it was 'imposed' by the Premier League then immediately afterwards says changes can be made to the rules but require 75% of clubs in the League to agree to it.

So surely if 75% of clubs agreed to abolish the rules, they could. Premier League clubs don't have voting rights at the EFL AGM.

I suspect he means they have tried to force it on the League by putting more money on the table in exchange, like how they managed to get B teams into the League Trophy, in the process ruining that competition, in exchange for greater prize money for the small clubs.

Edited by JHRover

On 20/01/2020 at 18:45, chaddyrovers said:

Screenshot_20200120-184410_Drive.jpg

On the threshold of FFP yet we spend what £100k to go to Portugal ! There must be getting on for 30 or so in the travelling party so I bet it’s not far short .Thsts slot of ticket sales mr Maggott .

oh and yes taking a ladies  to charlton with an overnight stay no doubt looks another waste of money . So next time you talk about stretch targets and similar bollox , Waggott don’t take us all for fools .

9 hours ago, TBTF said:

On the threshold of FFP yet we spend what £100k to go to Portugal ! There must be getting on for 30 or so in the travelling party so I bet it’s not far short .Thsts slot of ticket sales mr Maggott .

The nobenders have paid for it with their big day out.

• Like 1

"Food is a bit pricey now and the service is not so good."

"Tough. Here's some freebies to shut you up."

"How about some well-planned ideas to improve things?"

"That would be awkward/pricey/involve planning so we're not going to attempt them."

"Our squad doesn't seem to be improving."

"We'd banked on flogging our one saleable asset at the end of the season on the assumption nothing would change over the course of half a season."

Rovers are really a club with ambition to drive forward! :huh:

• Like 1