Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, cesus said:

I’m sorry but how can anybody be in any way surprised that this is on the horizon, the management of the club have amassed a playing / coaching staff which costs 140 god damn % of income. Whilst amassing a hideous wage bill the club has a playing staff with one major asset (now injured) and a couple that could provide sticky plasters to prevent a FFP breach. 
 

Financially the writing is on the wall, I’m sorry but that is an absolute fact! Football has allowed clubs to get into these positions with rogue owners and they have absolutely no answers to it.  We are on our own!

Exactly.  Huge losses just don't occur overnight - they have been accumulating for some time. The reckless spending by the club on poor footballers and paying them disproportionately to the level of their ability would be questioned in any other walk of life. 

Whichever way you look at it we are screwed. After almost a decade of shocking ownership we are heading down a black hole. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless Madame jumped on a plane over here with her lawyers and sorted it herself, somehow using her own money then any ground sale/lease or whatever under this lot would spell outright disaster. 

Yes there might be a bit of immediate money but it wouldn't be funding a promotion drive it'd be just keeping us above water. With all the scrotes and middlemen and advisors let alone the often clueless already there half of it would be pilfered. As we've seen it would be pointless giving Mowbray, Venus and Waggot a spending pot i wouldn't trust them going to the chippy with my dinner money right now.

I've always suspected despite the investment that it was a case of growing another team to flog off again. Get that money back with a bit on top to pay down the BOI overdraft from running costs, all the flies around the pot get their % and then go again.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Apparently there has been a lot of talk about this at the fans forum tonight. I wasn’t at the meeting, but apparently the big news was this:

 

We are right on the cusp of breaching FFP rules

 

The plan was to sell Dack this window to remain compliant

 

Since his injury they have looked into a sale and lease/buy back of Ewood. They decided against this due to the ACV on the ground. Other avenues are being explored.

 

So I wouldn’t expect any signings this window.

 

Where is this information coming from though? The only evidence I have read about Dack was 4th hand, at best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JoeH said:

They’ll have to sell Lenihan in the summer. As mentioned above it’ll only be 2021 when the current FFP cycle affects us. So we have this season and next season to either get promoted or to sell off enough assets (players or otherwise) before we’re in breach of rules.

“Under the EFL’s guidelines a points deduction of 12 points is imposed for breaching the spending rules: which is to reduced by reference to the amount of overspending above the upper loss threshold – i.e. £13million.   

The lower the amount overspent, the larger the points deduction. 

So, breaches of less than £2 million would see a reduction of 9 points; and breaches of £15 million or more would see no reduction.”

So effectively within a few seasons, unless we work some magic, Lenihan, Travis, Arma or someone else becomes a £15m footballer, or we get promoted, we could be looking at a points deduction.

This appears to be a misquote. It makes no sense that "the lower the amount overspend the larger the points deduction ". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, islander200 said:

If this all true then why was Dack risked in the Wigan game.stupidity if we had agreed to a sale

The evidence that we were to sell Dack is speculative , at best. I see it's now being taken as gospel though. 

 

9 hours ago, JoeH said:

They’ll have to sell Lenihan in the summer. As mentioned above it’ll only be 2021 when the current FFP cycle affects us. So we have this season and next season to either get promoted or to sell off enough assets (players or otherwise) before we’re in breach of rules.

“Under the EFL’s guidelines a points deduction of 12 points is imposed for breaching the spending rules: which is to reduced by reference to the amount of overspending above the upper loss threshold – i.e. £13million.   

The lower the amount overspent, the larger the points deduction. 

So, breaches of less than £2 million would see a reduction of 9 points; and breaches of £15 million or more would see no reduction.”

So effectively within a few seasons, unless we work some magic, Lenihan, Travis, Arma or someone else becomes a £15m footballer, or we get promoted, we could be looking at a points deduction.

Wait, that doesn't make sense or maybe I am slow. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Where is this information coming from though? The only evidence I have read about Dack was 4th hand, at best. 

Steve Waggott. At the fans forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...and the EFL has the audacity to run a mental health campaign while authorising UEFA's corrupt FUP nonsense. 

Guess I'll be the first to make a reference to Jack Walker on this subject as usual.

Edited by Vinjay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vinjay said:

...and the EFL has the audacity to run a mental health campaign while authorising UEFA's corrupt FUP nonsense. 

Guess I'll be the first to make a reference to Jack Walker on this subject as usual.

What on earth is the connection between FFP and a mental health campaign ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Vinjay said:

...and the EFL has the audacity to run a mental health campaign while authorising UEFA's corrupt FUP nonsense. 

Guess I'll be the first to make a reference to Jack Walker on this subject as usual.

To be fair, that’s most unlike you....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

About Dack? 

I wasn’t there. I’m relaying the information I got from people who were.

My first thoughts were not about questioning the Dack transfer, they were concerns for Ewood Park. Thank god for the ACV and well done to Paul!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

What on earth is the connection between FUP and a mental health campaign ?

Because it's a corrupt rule that causes maximum pain and suffering to fans.

4 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

To be fair, that’s most unlike you....

I wish...

Edited by Vinjay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its been quite a 10 years hasn't it?

Only for one hour in the Championship play-off positions!!

Agree 100% with Mashed Potatoes re FFP vs selling the Ground. Thst's why we renewed the ACV cos its a very slippery slope.

The Owners have another option...buy the naming rights for the Ground for £5mn.....we would all still call it Ewood Park and hold our noses.

I would take a transfer embargo rather than meddling with the assets of the Club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Much more likely that Brockhall is sold off. It’s prime land compared to Ewood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I’ve said this before, but just so nobody forgets, we basically have these FFP concerns because we spent £12 Million on strikers that don’t score anywhere near enough goals.

 

Fixed that for you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mhead said:

Its been quite a 10 years hasn't it?

Only for one hour in the Championship play-off positions!!

Agree 100% with Mashed Potatoes re FFP vs selling the Ground. Thst's why we renewed the ACV cos its a very slippery slope.

The Owners have another option...buy the naming rights for the Ground for £5mn.....we would all still call it Ewood Park and hold our noses.

I would take a transfer embargo rather than meddling with the assets of the Club.

We could always change our name to VRFC for a few million...Medicated Battery Hen Park, anyone?

Why this is Hell, nor am I out of it..etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For both the league 1 season  year to March 2018 and the year to March 2019 the wage to turnover is exactly the same at 154% coincidence?  or an operating model?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I’ve said this before, but just so nobody forgets, we basically have these FFP concerns because we spent £12 Million on strikers that don’t score anywhere near enough goals.

 

Utter managerial incompetence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I’ve said this before, but just so nobody forgets, we basically have these FUP concerns because we spent £12 Million on strikers that don’t score anywhere near enough goals.

 

Have them because of a corrupt governing body.

Edited by Vinjay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
🤓
2
1 hour ago, mhead said:

Its been quite a 10 years hasn't it?

Only for one hour in the Championship play-off positions!!

Agree 100% with Mashed Potatoes re FFP vs selling the Ground. Thst's why we renewed the ACV cos its a very slippery slope.

The Owners have another option...buy the naming rights for the Ground for £5mn.....we would all still call it Ewood Park and hold our noses.

I would take a transfer embargo rather than meddling with the assets of the Club.

...and relegation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I’ve said this before, but just so nobody forgets, we basically have these FFP concerns because we spent £12 Million on strikers that don’t score anywhere near enough goals.

 

Hang on a minute matey, " we " didn't spend the £12 million. Whoever decided to bet the ranch on those two want's to get to " Spec-Savers " right away.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OJRovers said:

Much more likely that Brockhall is sold off. It’s prime land compared to Ewood.

The reason the Pune Shite are still here and why the Coventry CULTS were recruited

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.