BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FFP Trouble

10 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Apparently there has been a lot of talk about this at the fans forum tonight. I wasn’t at the meeting, but apparently the big news was this:

We are right on the cusp of breaching FFP rules

The plan was to sell Dack this window to remain compliant

Since his injury they have looked into a sale and lease/buy back of Ewood. They decided against this due to the ACV on the ground. Other avenues are being explored.

So I wouldn’t expect any signings this window.

Where is this information coming from though? The only evidence I have read about Dack was 4th hand, at best. 

9 hours ago, JoeH said:

They’ll have to sell Lenihan in the summer. As mentioned above it’ll only be 2021 when the current FFP cycle affects us. So we have this season and next season to either get promoted or to sell off enough assets (players or otherwise) before we’re in breach of rules.

“Under the EFL’s guidelines a points deduction of 12 points is imposed for breaching the spending rules: which is to reduced by reference to the amount of overspending above the upper loss threshold – i.e. £13million.   

The lower the amount overspent, the larger the points deduction. 

So, breaches of less than £2 million would see a reduction of 9 points; and breaches of £15 million or more would see no reduction.”

So effectively within a few seasons, unless we work some magic, Lenihan, Travis, Arma or someone else becomes a £15m footballer, or we get promoted, we could be looking at a points deduction.

This appears to be a misquote. It makes no sense that "the lower the amount overspend the larger the points deduction ". 

8 hours ago, islander200 said:

If this all true then why was Dack risked in the Wigan game.stupidity if we had agreed to a sale

The evidence that we were to sell Dack is speculative , at best. I see it's now being taken as gospel though. 

9 hours ago, JoeH said:

They’ll have to sell Lenihan in the summer. As mentioned above it’ll only be 2021 when the current FFP cycle affects us. So we have this season and next season to either get promoted or to sell off enough assets (players or otherwise) before we’re in breach of rules.

“Under the EFL’s guidelines a points deduction of 12 points is imposed for breaching the spending rules: which is to reduced by reference to the amount of overspending above the upper loss threshold – i.e. £13million.   

The lower the amount overspent, the larger the points deduction. 

So, breaches of less than £2 million would see a reduction of 9 points; and breaches of £15 million or more would see no reduction.”

So effectively within a few seasons, unless we work some magic, Lenihan, Travis, Arma or someone else becomes a £15m footballer, or we get promoted, we could be looking at a points deduction.

Wait, that doesn't make sense or maybe I am slow. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

• Moderation Lead
8 minutes ago, Vinjay said:

...and the EFL has the audacity to run a mental health campaign while authorising UEFA's corrupt FUP nonsense. 

Guess I'll be the first to make a reference to Jack Walker on this subject as usual.

To be fair, that’s most unlike you....

15 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

About Dack? 

I wasn’t there. I’m relaying the information I got from people who were.

My first thoughts were not about questioning the Dack transfer, they were concerns for Ewood Park. Thank god for the ACV and well done to Paul!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

What on earth is the connection between FUP and a mental health campaign ?

Because it's a corrupt rule that causes maximum pain and suffering to fans.

4 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

To be fair, that’s most unlike you....

I wish...

Edited by Vinjay

Its been quite a 10 years hasn't it?

Only for one hour in the Championship play-off positions!!

Agree 100% with Mashed Potatoes re FFP vs selling the Ground. Thst's why we renewed the ACV cos its a very slippery slope.

The Owners have another option...buy the naming rights for the Ground for £5mn.....we would all still call it Ewood Park and hold our noses.

I would take a transfer embargo rather than meddling with the assets of the Club.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mhead said:

Agree 100% with Mashed Potatoes re FFP vs selling the Ground. Thst's why we renewed the ACV cos its a very slippery slope.

The Owners have another option...buy the naming rights for the Ground for £5mn.....we would all still call it Ewood Park and hold our noses.

I would take a transfer embargo rather than meddling with the assets of the Club.

We could always change our name to VRFC for a few million...Medicated Battery Hen Park, anyone?

Why this is Hell, nor am I out of it..etc

31 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I’ve said this before, but just so nobody forgets, we basically have these FFP concerns because we spent £12 Million on strikers that don’t score anywhere near enough goals.

Utter managerial incompetence. 

32 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I’ve said this before, but just so nobody forgets, we basically have these FUP concerns because we spent £12 Million on strikers that don’t score anywhere near enough goals.

Have them because of a corrupt governing body.

Edited by Vinjay

?
1 hour ago, mhead said:

...and relegation?

54 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I’ve said this before, but just so nobody forgets, we basically have these FFP concerns because we spent £12 Million on strikers that don’t score anywhere near enough goals.

Hang on a minute matey, " we " didn't spend the £12 million. Whoever decided to bet the ranch on those two want's to get to " Spec-Savers " right away.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

8 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

This just proves all of the thoughts I have had in my head over the Christmas break. I was looking forward to it as I knew I'd be back in town and could attend a few games. I didn't go once. The truth about it all is that all of our talk about Mowbray is guff - it doesn't matter who is in charge because nothing will ever change whilst they are here. We are shackled by three people who will probably never step foot in our town again. It's disgusting that the EFL allows this kind of thing to happen.

All this talk every time we are on sky about how much our owners are pumping in, how committed they are to our cause is bullshit. This is their own doing. They bought a club for £20m and sold a player for £17m. They had the perfect business, ran by genuine football people and they threw it all away in their pig headedness / desire to have a club to write off loses in the Indian market. I've no sympathy for them and honestly I would rather face the bullshit we'd get from our rivals and start again in the lower leagues than have them three wankers have anything to do with us. What are we supposed to do now, be thankful they service their debt? No, fuck them, they made this bed. Sadly for us fans it's our ego and our club that suffers but part of me is happy it's denting their wallets too.

Sacking TM, hiring Pep, whatever it's all pointless. We may as well appoint Kermit the Frog so Balaji can actually have his hand up its arse rather than pay a person to masquerade as a coach. 

Nothing changes. It's the same shit, different year. It's about time the football league and its sponsors started to consider the communities that these clubs service as opposed to their bank balances. The Venkys have no affiliation to this town, club or county; they are strangers in the company they own and are nothing more than deadwood with deep pockets.

Well done for paying the electric bill but when you eventually do swallow your pride and piss off the only legacy Venkys will leave is one of pure filth. If family reputation is as big in India as they say you should know that in this town you are bottom feeders. 

Brilliant post.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, cesus said:

I’m sorry but how can anybody be in any way surprised that this is on the horizon, the management of the club have amassed a playing / coaching staff which costs 140 god damn % of income. Whilst amassing a hideous wage bill the club has a playing staff with one major asset (now injured) and a couple that could provide sticky plasters to prevent a FFP breach. 

Financially the writing is on the wall, I’m sorry but that is an absolute fact! Football has allowed clubs to get into these positions with rogue owners and they have absolutely no answers to it.  We are on our own!

It's looking grim folks,no other word for it.

It would appear that the very best we can hope for in the future is just the basic day to day survival of club..this is what we have been reduced to.

All hail Venkys!

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194