Jump to content

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

The minutes have landed. Very vague.

Don’t be shy lad, link me up Scotty!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JW asked for any comments on the current transfer window. SW replied that the injury to Bradley Dack had changed the dynamics for the transfer window, as the club now needed to replace his expected 15 goals and assists

No comment on the £12m spent on two forward players who should be helping towards that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The owners want to invest but they can’t?
 

Can’t they convert the debt (= bad for FFP)

to shares (=good for FFP).?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, toogs said:

The owners want to invest but they can’t?
 

Can’t they convert the debt (= bad for FFP)

to shares (=good for FFP).?

 

That’s what they do anyway. It’s the losses that are the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure I quite get the "can't invest".

 

Huddersfield came bottom and netted £93.6 million.

 

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/club-by-club-a-breakdown-of-the-2018-19-premier-league-prize-money/

 

If we went £10 million over FFP the fine would be  £7,241,000

If Venkys said "fuck this" and chucked £20 million at promotion the fine would be £27,241,000... before Babu did some creative accounting with the exemptions.

 

Items 8 and 10 are relevant.

 

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-5---financial-fair-play-regulations/

 

So invest £20 million. Don't forget this is in assets (players) not spent.

Cost (fine) £27 million.

Come bottom net £93 million.

Increased revenue £66 million.

Then we would have parachute payments, assuming we go straight back down, with our squad. 

 

If we don't go up Venkys argue the toss on their £27 mill fine but surely this is simply the money they allegedly want to invest ? Or is it a convenient excuse ?

Giving £20 million to Tony is another subject entirely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there's a lot of buck passing on the Darwen End situation.

I'm sure the manager and players would've preferred the 3/500 regular home fans to stay at that end giving the team a bit of support also !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Not sure I quite get the "can't invest".

 

Huddersfield came bottom and netted £93.6 million.

 

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/club-by-club-a-breakdown-of-the-2018-19-premier-league-prize-money/

 

If we went £10 million over FFP the fine would be  £7,241,000

If Venkys said "fuck this" and chucked £20 million at promotion the fine would be £27,241,000... before Babu did some creative accounting with the exemptions.

 

Items 8 and 10 are relevant.

 

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-5---financial-fair-play-regulations/

 

So invest £20 million. Don't forget this is in assets (players) not spent.

Cost (fine) £27 million.

Come bottom net £93 million.

Increased revenue £66 million.

Then we would have parachute payments, assuming we go straight back down, with our squad. 

 

If we don't go up Venkys argue the toss on their £27 mill fine but surely this is simply the money they allegedly want to invest ? Or is it a convenient excuse ?

Giving £20 million to Tony is another subject entirely.

The points deductions might impact on any promotion push - see Birmingham City’s deduction last season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waggot once again confirms the match day charge is introduced to put fans off attending, as they don't want last minute attendees as it screws up their catering and staff requirememts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Waggot once again confirms the match day charge is introduced to put fans off attending, as they don't want last minute attendees as it screws up their catering and staff requirememts. 

That bit makes me hate the current set up. Numbers of pies more important than number of fans. Beggars belief. What a shambles!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we still sell pies? The last three home games in the JW upper, they’ve run out by half time...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yet when we played Wigan they didn’t bother with the surcharge even though numbers were much bigger than usual.

The pie’s must’ve all gone before the players had even warmed up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/01/2020 at 19:05, toogs said:

The owners want to invest but they can’t?
 

Can’t they convert the debt (= bad for FFP)

to shares (=good for FFP).?

 

Very convenient. 

Last time I checked Ffp restrictions only applied to transfer fees and wages, so even if true there's nothing stopping them from investing and improving our facilities.

Not the most pressing issue I admit, but surely owners keen to invest, improve and take pride in the club would want the place tidying up. Instead the place is filthy and bare minimum investment goes in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

The points deductions might impact on any promotion push - see Birmingham City’s deduction last season

Birmingham were mid table all last season and sanctions weren't imposed until they were firmly secure and the deduction had minimal impact.

I'd like to see what happens if they try to knock points off a side in the top 6 or just outside the bottom 3. Hasn't happened yet I suspect because they know the club will challenge it all the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"There was considerable unrest about current FFP rules, which had been imposed on the EFL by the Premier League."

Well, I never knew it was imposed by the Premier League.

So this is the Premier League giving even more insurance (on top of Parachute payments) for teams that get relegated to the EFL.

.The FUP restrictions merely heighten the odds of relegated clubs returning sooner than the hamstrung others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

"There was considerable unrest about current FFP rules, which had been imposed on the EFL by the Premier League."

Well, I never knew it was imposed by the Premier League.

So this is the Premier League giving even more insurance (on top of Parachute payments) for teams that get relegated to the EFL.

.The FUP restrictions merely heighten the odds of relegated clubs returning sooner than the hamstrung others.

I don't understand how Waggott can say it was 'imposed' by the Premier League then immediately afterwards says changes can be made to the rules but require 75% of clubs in the League to agree to it.

So surely if 75% of clubs agreed to abolish the rules, they could. Premier League clubs don't have voting rights at the EFL AGM.

I suspect he means they have tried to force it on the League by putting more money on the table in exchange, like how they managed to get B teams into the League Trophy, in the process ruining that competition, in exchange for greater prize money for the small clubs.

Edited by JHRover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/01/2020 at 18:45, chaddyrovers said:

 

Screenshot_20200120-184410_Drive.jpg

On the threshold of FFP yet we spend what £100k to go to Portugal ! There must be getting on for 30 or so in the travelling party so I bet it’s not far short .Thsts slot of ticket sales mr Maggott .

oh and yes taking a ladies  to charlton with an overnight stay no doubt looks another waste of money . So next time you talk about stretch targets and similar bollox , Waggott don’t take us all for fools .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if they got Harry Chapman postcards in the club shop as requested at the meetings ,that would be about 40 pence  less they would have to worry about.

Edited by perthblue02

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TBTF said:

On the threshold of FFP yet we spend what £100k to go to Portugal ! There must be getting on for 30 or so in the travelling party so I bet it’s not far short .Thsts slot of ticket sales mr Maggott .

 

The nobenders have paid for it with their big day out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Do we still sell pies? The last three home games in the JW upper, they’ve run out by half time...

It's those bloody last minute walk ons, £3 is clearly an insufficient deterrent! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Yet when we played Wigan they didn’t bother with the surcharge even though numbers were much bigger than usual.

The pie’s must’ve all gone before the players had even warmed up.

That Wigan game - they put a promotion offer on and there's no Fosters in the Fosters Fan Zone. Shambles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.