BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sheffield Wednesday (A)

2 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Chaddy, Rovers are the most off side team in the league, its a fact - go look it up. Armstrong is probably responsible for at least 70% of those offsides.

Edit: Upon checking we have now fallen to the third most offisde team in the league.

image.png.9b8a9a5f0d236da5205fba7f38a51ecd.png

That site also shows that Armstrong has been offside 19 times this season - he was offside a total of 18 times throughout the entire last season. 

We are in good company there. I would take that as the final league table ?

Always a tough one to predict this, but despite their past 2 results (1 against Leeds the other in the cup) their form is pretty woeful.  Our injuries at the moment giving both me and the gaffa plenty of headaches. Hoping for a positive window, perhaps next week we will see some activity seeing as we have an "off week".  Need a win, this weekend would be great.  

11 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

It would be classic Mowbray for Davenport to have a blinder and look like the player we've been missing next to Travis. Despite only playing due to injuries. Hope he does.

It would, and it's exactly what happened with Travis really. But at the end of the day, whether he gets in because of injuries or not, TM did sign him - so will rightly be able to take credit if he prevails.

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

It would, and it's exactly what happened with Travis really. But at the end of the day, whether he gets in because of injuries or not, TM did sign him - so will rightly be able to take credit if he prevails.

Almost but not quite the same.

Travis was a standout performer in the u23s for a long time before he got into the first team and was attracting serious interest from Leagues One and Two before he got his opportunity with us, since when he has rarely disappointed. He also had a part, albeit small, to play in our League One promotion.

I watch quite a bit of the u23s and in my view Davenport rarely stands out as anything exceptional and really is only being mentioned now because of our injury woes rather than consistently stellar performances in the u23s.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

I watch quite a bit of the u23s and in my view Davenport rarely stands out as anything exceptional and really is only being mentioned now because of our injury woes rather than consistently stellar performances in the u23s.

I agree. I also go to most 23's games, and I agree, Davenport isn't that great. That wasn't really the point I was making, more that IF he came good, Mowbray could take credit because he did sign him, less like the Travis situation where TM can't take too much credit at all. 

7 hours ago, rog of the rovers said:

I really do feel as though the season is already meandering to a mid table finish.

Would love it if Mowbray tried a couple of the younger ones who haven't had an opportunity yet, ala Davenport or Fisher, but can't see it happening just yet.

I think we need to guarantee our safety first then I agree may as well just play a few of the younger lads. At least that might make games a bit more interesting watching players most of us haven't seen much of, because lets be honest it really is lining up to be a real dour back end of the season.

8 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

I find this Rovers side and Manager like a stuck record atm,confidence and expectations low on and off the pitch.

Once again I find the best I'm hoping for is a draw.

1-1

This Rovers team reminds of Saxton's last full season , if my memory serves me correctly a tumble from midtable to relegation or bust on the last game which was played on a Monday night .....Think we beat Sheff United 6- 1 to in that dreadful run.....It saved Bobs  job for a few months til Xmas , then Mackay arrived ....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Good to see Joe Rothwell neck and neck with Walton, Nyambe and Brereton on goals and assists from his 12.5 hours in the pitch.

0-0

That really is a shocking statistic from a supposed attacking midfielder. I suppose there was a reason we got him on a free from Oxford Utd. Agree on Mulgrew. Think, although his performances weren't as good defensively last season, he deserves respect for what he's done for the club and would be due a top reception.

• Like 1

Walton

Nyambe  tosin    lenihan   bell

Travis  davenport

Bennett    holtby    armstrong

Graham

Assuming downing and johnson arnt fit 

And tonys need for 1 non attack minded wideman and the need to get bennett back  in after his horrific bout of the flu for 4 weeks 

Edited by Rochdale_rover

14 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Good to see Joe Rothwell neck and neck with Walton, Nyambe and Brereton on goals and assists from his 12.5 hours in the pitch.

0-0

Silly stat.

Did Nyambe, Brereton and Walton all score against Oldham?

Rothwell was involved in the goals against Brentford and Shelf Wednesday. Or do we only praise players if they make the absolute final pass for an assist, regardless of what happens in the move previously?

Having said that, his goalscoring record at Oxford was non-existent so why people thought he would step up and replace the Dack goals god only knows.

For me, he is limited but does at least put us on the front foot at games. If we have Chapman and Armstrong in the team then I'd leave him out, but when the midfield consists of Trav, johnson, Downing, Evans etc.. Rothwell is useful in making us an attacking force. Interesting that his first spell in the side this year coincided with our winning streak. 

Edited by Hasta