BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sheffield Wednesday (A)

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Don’t think the Mowbray death run is quite over yet. Reckon it’s got 1-2 more games left yet. Loss for me.

I agree - another poor performance from the band of misplaced misfits allows TM to wallow in the slough of despond and garner (no pun intended) support for bringing in yet more baffling additions to our lopsided and deranged squad. A win would force him to have to look closely at the reasons for success (so as to be able to eliminate these) and would likely propel us the wrong way (in TM view) up the table.

2-0 to the Owls methinks..

2 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Don’t think the Mowbray death run is quite over yet. Reckon it’s got 1-2 more games left yet. Loss for me.

Yes, it will go on until about March,  then we will go on a magnificent first pumping run to make a very successful 12th.....the ewood happy clippers will be buzzing in anticipation of the start of next season.  Repeat.

3 minutes ago, Dontfuckwithcats said:

My rovers senses are tingling mark my words this will be a win for rovers, wed are flying we are heading close to rock bottom with confidence, they will play on the front foot and will be very attacking. This is a typical example where rovers pulls one out of the bag and mowbray starts to climb out of hell again.

rovers will play on the front foot and be very attacking!!!!!!!have they sacked mowbray this morning?

Sheffield Wednesday away was (originally) this years "bucket list" must go to away game for me, as I've never been due to many factors - Night game, on TV, Stag do's, other plans etc.

It makes me angry that I didn't for 1 second consider going today and that I have had zero motivation to go to ANY away game this year so far (usually get to 6-8 away games). 

For this, I 100% blame Tony Mowbray and his management, playing "style" and mentality. 

Hope those that go today enjoy a surprisingly good performance and we get a positive result... but I can't see it. 

• Like 3

• Backroom

Is Downing playing in the middle with Travis then? Please don't tell me Gallagher's on right wing again. Surely this time it'll be Gallagher up top with Arma left, Rothwell right and Holtby central? Or Rothwell centre and Holtby right. 

Just now, DE. said:

Is Downing playing in the middle with Travis then? Please don't tell me Gallagher's on right wing again. Surely this time it'll be Gallagher up top with Arma left, Rothwell right and Holtby central? Or Rothwell centre and Holtby right. 

This is the problem. You see the lineup and in your head, you know where each player should play but you just know Mowbray won't make it that straight forward.

If he plays Armstrong up front and Gally wide, he's a complete clown.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

This is the problem. You see the lineup and in your head, you know where each player should play but you just know Mowbray won't make it that straight forward.

If he plays Armstrong up front and Gally wide, he's a complete clown.

I’d bet he will be on the wing. Mowbray is a stubborn old git.

15 hours ago, Bohinen 22 said:

That really is a shocking statistic from a supposed attacking midfielder. I suppose there was a reason we got him on a free from Oxford Utd. Agree on Mulgrew. Think, although his performances weren't as good defensively last season, he deserves respect for what he's done for the club and would be due a top reception.

It's nothing that wasn't known before we signed him. As we've seen his shooting/finishing is poor, he wouldn't be at Rovers if he could finish. Rather like our zillion dollar strikers - they BOTH had known poor goalscoring stats too - so we're back to - WHY DID WE SPEND £12 MILLION ON 2 STRIKERS WITH REALLY BAD GOALSCORING STATS? A sackable offence in itself at any normal football club.

Given how they lost at Ewood, we can expect Wednesday to start very fast for this one.

If still 0-0 after 25 minutes it will be a case of who takes their chances (s).

But more likely to be 3 down..

Incidentally, 40 minutes to kick off and this thread not even top on our football forum page.

9 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Who knows how the front 6 will line up apart from Travis.

What I find interesting is that Tony would never have fielded a mid and attack like that a year ago, let alone away from home against a good side. He would have argued it had too many artists and not enough soldiers.

I'm worried Nyambe will do his hamstring properly today. Came back from it, tweaked it last game...it obviously needs a bit of rest I would think. So often this kind of thing makes it worse. The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if TM wants that to happen so he can justify Benno at RB, but the realist in me knows TM doesn't feel he has to justify any of his decisions.

• Like 2

Just dont get this obsession with SG on the wing. Surely he wasnt bought for that position? Armstrong (though another striker) is better suited to that role as he at least has pace. Perservere weith SG up front if he has to be somewhere.