BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sheffield Wednesday (A)

3 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

Never a red card. Top class shithousing from Travis. A proper Savage-esque performance today from him.

Was a red, not a good angle that but the player.follows through with intent.  He could have held his.foot.back but he actually.tries to hurt Trav.

• Like 1

Just now, USABlue said:

Was a red, not a good angle that but the player.follows through with intent.  He could have held his.foot.back but he actually.tries to hurt Trav.

Didn’t touch him

4 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Very very impressed with Nyambes forward play recently.

Yep, dont like to go back to the past but i had a bit a fued with JoeH that was arguing that Bennett was the better right back...cough...splutter...cough some more.

Edited by JacknOry

• Backroom

Really hope Nyambe can put his injury issues behind him and get an extended run of games in the side. The lad has really kicked on in the past couple of months and looks like he's becoming the real deal. Crossing isn't there yet but everything else is looking good. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

Really hope Nyambe can put his injury issues behind him and get an extended run of games in the side. The lad has really kicked on in the past couple of months and looks like he's becoming the real deal. Crossing isn't there yet but everything else is looking good. 

He hasn't had a proper run in a while. Hes very athletic and sometimes lads like that keep getting similar injuries. Gareth Bale for example. Nyambe will need to look after himself with proper rest and all that stuff. 

• Like 2

Excellent performance today. 

Armstrong was my man of the match today. Unplayable today. Played the forward role excellent. Him and Rothwell find gaps in between their right back and centre back all 1st half. I was very surprised that Monk didn't take their young right back sooner than he did. 

Probably Rothwell best game I've seen all season from him. Shame about the yellow card. 

Downing ran the show in the centre midfield role. Quality signing he has been at his age. 

Holtby got into the box more today than in previous games he played in. 

It was the best performance of the season and very professionalism from the players. 

Great to see Rankin Costello come on and have a positive impact and get an assist. Playing from the left after replacing Rothwell

on the sent off, He was late and dangerous. So the ref was right IMO. 

Very surprise by Sheffield Wednesday players and tactics from Monk. 

Enjoy your night guys :rover:

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 2

• Backroom

Red card was harsh, but I'm glad we've learned to use a bit of shithousery after it's been used against us so often.

Given how Mowbray was a proper hard centre back in the Terry Butcher mold as a player, I'm baffled he's so nicey-nicey in his gameplan. We should try to emulate Hughesy's bully boys.

I’ve not seen the red card yet apart from live at a distance of 100 yards, from which we had no idea. However, every single Wednesday fan I spoke to both in the ground and heard on Radio Sheffield said that it made absolutely no difference to the result. We were 1-0 up at the time and looking completely in control. The score might have been a bit less but we would have won anyway.

An element of caution though - this was at least as much a terrible Wednesday performance as a great Rovers one.

• Like 1

If someone had told me before the kick off that Travis would be involved in a sending off and that  the scoreline would be 5-0, I would have bet the farm on us being the losers.

I thought Lenihan looked good today. He is clearly benefitting from partnering such a class act as Adarabayio, and in particular his distribution today was much calmer, more assured and most importantly the ball was played intelligently into feet.

Edited by Colt Seavers
  • Like 3

Terrific result! It's obvious that this team should be doing a lot better than they have been. Problem is some of our key players have niggling injuries (Lenihan, Nyambe, Tosin) or can't handle the rigours of back to back games (Holtby, Downing). Not to mention a manager who needs no excuse to tinker. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Miller11 said:

We look an infinitely better side with him in the team. This proves it.

Very very impressed with Nyambes forward play recently.

On the Travis card IMHO the Weds player looked like he went in but then intentionally followed through if you look.  That's how I saw it but only second.time round.at.a.different angle there seems to be a slight acceleration of his leg after the initial tackle, it's.slight but it's there.andnif that is how the ref saw it is a red.  Bannans actions on Trav later in the game warranted a red card too.  Well done Trav for not responding.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I’ve not seen the red card yet apart from live at a distance of 100 yards, from which we had no idea. However, every single Wednesday fan I spoke to both in the ground and heard on Radio Sheffield said that it made absolutely no difference to the result. We were 1-0 up at the time and looking completely in control. The score might have been a bit less but we would have won anyway.

An element of caution though - this was at least as much a terrible Wednesday performance as a great Rovers one.

And of course we have lost in the past to ten men. Teams usually kick it up a notch. Not today. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scotland1 said:

It’s the rolling around and the 3 rolls clutching his ankle then getting up which quite rightly pissed a few Wednesday fans off. He’s done it before actually I just can’t think which game. I know everyone does it too us and it infuriates us.

Still these are the teams to beat if we want to progress and get back.

3 rolls really? Premier League rolls?