BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sheffield Wednesday (A)

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Gallagher looked a £5m striker today.

Showed some sublime ball control but still seems to always lose it at the critical moment.  One time he smoked a couple of defenders and looked to be through on goal but a slightly too heavy touch allowed a defender to sweep the ball away.  This is what kills him just that lack of control at the crucial moment but I do actually like Gally, can not fault him for effort and it is not his fault he has to line up nowhere near the goal.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

A great afternoon for the players and the manager and of course the travelling supporters.

This messageboard should be a nicer place to be for the next 10 days or so.

Of course! Any Rovers supporter is always happier when we win! What would you expect?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Without much success. Not a mark on Travis's sock that I could see.

I hate it but the modern game.does.not.require to be touched does it, nowadays players.get booked for giving dirty looks to their opponents.  If I am wrong I am wrong, just like the ref but I think the intent to harm was there.  I did only see it twice and it took the second look for me to red card him.  Football, love it.  Not as much as I used to though.

1 hour ago, USABlue said:

I hate it but the modern game.does.not.require to be touched does it, nowadays players.get booked for giving dirty looks to their opponents.  If I am wrong I am wrong, just like the ref but I think the intent to harm was there.  I did only see it twice and it took the second look for me to red card him.  Football, love it.  Not as much as I used to though.

I can't stand divers, no matter what team they play for. It's cheating, pure and simple. I watched that Flamengo v River Plate Final a while ago. If that had have been refereed by a British ref it would have ended up 8 a side. No wonder none of our guys ever get the big World Cup games anymore.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

2 hours ago, Roverthechimp said:

Genuine question: could Bell follow Nyambes development curve? Reminds me a lot of Nyambe 1-2 seasons ago and, imo, is not as bad as many make out.

Its the "no end product" part of his game that lets him down. Not great positional sense either. But---he's a great ball-carrier.

I would give him time to improve.

2 hours ago, philipl said:

First of all we should give credit where credit is really due-

to the publicans of South Yorkshire.

That is a sterling piece of inn-keeping with the Wednesday players permanently on the lash since their 2-0 win at Elland Road last week. With a bit of luck they won't sober up until after the play-offs..

I am totally delighted but not surprised. In the everyone can beat everyone category, Wednesday had this coming to them since their Rhodes assisted 4-0 romp at the City Ground, Nottingham. And Rovers have a history of unexpected good results at Hillsborough- I have seen a couple of 3-0 wins there and to be honest I think I have only ever seen us lose once there.

Also not surprised because I have felt all season that individually and collectively, Rovers are capable of being a lot better than Mowbray usually sets us up to be.

Fingers crossed there is minimal tinkering for the QPR game. They are well capable of repaying the compliment back at Ewood; we were quite fortunate to get away with only a 4-2 defeat down at Loftus Road. Shame we have to wait ten days for that game to come round.

There was a game in the 60"s where we were 4-0 down and it finished 4-3! (About 250 of us there!)

3 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Travis has turned into a right little diving shit. Never a red card in a million years.

Good. For too long we’ve been a friendly team of pushovers, fist pumping and ‘making a good go of it’. 

I love that Trav is a shithouse. You can see him mouthing off, tugging, nipping all game at the opposition midfielders. Ignore the dingle connection, and the obvious scouse connection too - but he’s our Joey Barton, and thank God.

Smallwood was the “king of Ewood” in League One because he was the first defensive midfielder we’ve had with that kind of attitude in that decade. I’m so relieved Trav is filling that role.

6 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Good. For too long we’ve been a friendly team of pushovers, fist pumping and ‘making a good go of it’. 

I love that Trav is a shithouse. You can see him mouthing off, tugging, nipping all game at the opposition midfielders. Ignore the dingle connection, and the obvious scouse connection too - but he’s our Joey Barton, and thank God.

Smallwood was the “king of Ewood” in League One because he was the first defensive midfielder we’ve had with that kind of attitude in that decade. I’m so relieved Trav is filling that role.

Joe - Has your opinion on Nyambe changed yet? Cant be bothered to find the wink emoji.

Or is Bennett still better as you made a big case for?

2 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Joe - Has your opinion on Nyambe changed yet? Cant be bothered to find the wink emoji.

Or is Bennett still better as you made a big case for?

I mean that was a very long time ago... and yes absolutely Nyambe has come on leaps and bounds.... 

Wasn’t really anything to do with my post but okay ???‍♂️

2 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Was this season.

Hardly a very long time ago

It is in terms of Nyambe’s development. Three times the player he was at the start of this season. For me he’s our third best player, I’m absolutely delighted he’s come on so well.

A quick check just now shows it was September last year... he wasn’t playing well when he did play at the time back then, making some mistakes, nothing like the player he’s become recently.

Edited by JoeH

Just now, JoeH said:

It is in terms of Nyambe’s development. Three times the player he was at the start of this season. For me he’s our third best player, I’m absolutely delighted he’s come on so well.

So he has become three times the player he has ever been in the last 4 months? Come on, just admit you got it wrong. You were throwing up all kinds of skewed stats to support bBennet over Nyambe.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JoeH said:

A quick check just now shows it was September last year... he wasn’t playing well when he did play at the time back then, making some mistakes, nothing like the player he’s become recently.

My gripe is I could see the real potential in him but the manager chose to go with a thirty-odd year old midfielder in his place. He would've been playing like this much earlier in the season - given the chance. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Am very happy for big Sam Gallagher this evening - he took his goal this afternoon very well and it was a real 'striker's finish'. I just hope that it was enough to turn Tony's head so that he will play him as a striker and in front of the goals instead of making him labour in vain on the wings.

giphy.gif

Hes obviously even worse on the wings but hes been really poor even when he has played up top which is easily forgotten. As much as I am pleased for him to score an excellent finish today, you look at justifying a central role for him, which is the only position he should be considered for, and Holtby should be the number 10 for the forseeable future in Dacks absence and obviously got 2 today. So there is one place left, and whilst Armstrong is comfortable wide right, he has had a couple of very productive games up front so I would not move him to accomodate Gallagher.

37 minutes ago, Neal said:

Nyambe is frighteningly good. 

He's powerful, good on the ball, pacey. If he can add a bit of quality on his crossing he'll be a huge asset.

In Joe H's defence Nyambe has looked hugely better in the last 2 months. I'll be interested how he performs against a good winger.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Hes obviously even worse on the wings but hes been really poor even when he has played up top which is easily forgotten. As much as I am pleased for him to score an excellent finish today, you look at justifying a central role for him, which is the only position he should be considered for, and Holtby should be the number 10 for the forseeable future in Dacks absence and obviously got 2 today. So there is one place left, and whilst Armstrong is comfortable wide right, he has had a couple of very productive games up front so I would not move him to accomodate Gallagher.

Even when we weren't winning, I've been really impressed with Armstrong recently.  Long may it continue.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

He's powerful, good on the ball, pacey. If he can add a bit of quality on his crossing he'll be a huge asset.

In Joe H's defence Nyambe has looked hugely better in the last 2 months. I'll be interested how he performs against a good winger.

He always plays well when he wears age 9-10 shorts.

• Like 2