BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sheffield Wednesday (A)

6 hours ago, harryhealless1928 said:

Best performance I can remember since we beat Norwich 7-1 at home with Shearer(2 goals) & Wegerle(2 goals)in 1992.

We hit 7 against Sheffield Wednesday in 1997 but I didnt see that game!

All credit to the defence for keeping a clean sheet which rarely happens with such a tub-thumping win! This is the sort of scoreline you get with Klopp or Pep as manager!

I can still picture every single goal in that Norwich game, Shearer's lob was one of the best goals Ewood has ever seen, absolute class

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Apparently it was our biggest away win since 1964 (5-0 vs Bolton-Pickering x2, Ferguson, mcevoy, Harrison).

Didnt we score 5 at Middlesborough in the 80s ??

Maybe they scored one that day , Brotherston was brilliant that day ..

Edited by Waggy76
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, harryhealless1928 said:

We hit 7 against Sheffield Wednesday in 1997 but I didnt see that game!

Action packed that. 9 goals, the best of which was probably Carbone who then got himself sent off, Filan broke his arm

30 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I can still picture every single goal in that Norwich game, Shearer's lob was one of the best goals Ewood has ever seen, absolute class

One of my favourite games behind the derby play off game and league cup win. 1st vs 2nd, 7-1, Job done. Sutton was in their defence if memory serves.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Didnt we score 5 at Middlesborough in the 80s ??

Maybe they scored one that day , Brotherston was brilliant that day ..

They said it was 1964 on quest so looked up the game.

That was 5-1. Stonehouse, brotherton x2, bell, randell. This Mike Jackman book getting a work out this morning

23 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Action packed that. 9 goals, the best of which was probably Carbone who then got himself sent off, Filan broke his arm

One of my favourite games behind the derby play off game and league cup win. 1st vs 2nd, 7-1, Job done. Sutton was in their defence if memory serves.

Yep Sutton was making his name as a young centre half haha

Vague schoolboy memories of that win away at Boro and that was completely out of the blue like yesterday probably. A complete one off where everything goes your way for once. 

It's the championship it throws up crazy stuff regularly so i don't think its a turning point at all TM will reel them in again before long. Great result though and this team is capable of pasting opponents now and again if it slips its leash.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, JacknOry said:

So he has become three times the player he has ever been in the last 4 months? Come on, just admit you got it wrong. You were throwing up all kinds of skewed stats to support bBennet over Nyambe.

Yes. He is 3x better than he was in September. The stats did show Bennett as better him at that time, Nyambe was struggle against decent wingers defensively, and had Bell’s confidence coming forward.

Thats all changed now.

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Nyambe is, understandably so, a real confidence player. If he has it like he most certainly did yesterday he's just brilliant. I think it was the second goal were he absolutely mugged their defender off and sent him for a hotdog, sheer class.  Let's hope he stays fit for a considerable spell now. Such a shame Cunningham got crocked because if he hadn't it would have been the best back 4 for some time.

Was a cracking bit of skill. Incidentally - the lad he mugged off is the one we’ve been linked to - Fox!

5 hours ago, philipl said:

Exactly bluebruce.

The frustration of watching Rovers has been knowing individually and collectively we are so much better than what we have been seeing.

Yes a game in which everything comes together like that comes along only once in a while but the gulf between that performance and Luton or Charlton is unacceptably large.

Exactly this. Pure frustration for me. Too many supporters think that we are a lower to mid table side - we aren't. The tools are there but either don't get used or we utilise them wrong.  

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Nyambe is, understandably so, a real confidence player. If he has it like he most certainly did yesterday he's just brilliant. I think it was the second goal were he absolutely mugged their defender off and sent him for a hotdog, sheer class.  Let's hope he stays fit for a considerable spell now. Such a shame Cunningham got crocked because if he hadn't it would have been the best back 4 for some time.

Bear in mind that the left back he was turning inside out was Morgan Fox, who was being talked about as a possible for us in the transfer thread.

The young right back who was being tortured by Armstrong and Bell was substituted after half an hour.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Exactly this. Pure frustration for me. Too many supporters think that we are a lower to mid table side - we aren't. The tools are there but either don't get used or we utilise them wrong.  

This point again.

When this side is firing we look as good as anyone around the top of this league.

It's just the sheer inconsistency,the win four then lose four conundrum that seems to blight this side..it's a huge frustration to our fans.How the hell did this side look so lacklustre and disinterested against supposed lesser opposition over the Xmas period? :huh:..

And once again Tony if your reading this forum please,in the name of ferkin God,leave this side to gel for the rest of the season and let's see what comes.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, Neal said:

I personally think Nyambe hasn't changed that much, he's just being played and has 2 decent centre halves along side him rather than a panicy Mulgrew with poor positioning. I watched him when we got relegated against Brentford and he was, by a long way, the best player on the pitch. I don't want to criticise the manager after an outstanding result but in this case he got it horribly wrong and its cost us an unknown amount of points. 

TM gives Damo the credit for the improvement in Nyambe. “Spent hours and hours” with him after training.

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

This point again.

When this side is firing we look as good as anyone around the top of this league.

It's just the sheer inconsistency,the win four then lose four conundrum that seems to blight this side..it's a huge frustration to our fans.

And once again,Tony if your reading this forum please,in the name of God,leave this side to gel for the rest of the season and let's see what comes.

Completely agree but theres another 8 sides just like us all on a par and  all lack consistency and just never know what result will materialise on any given day!

8-10 sides that all flatter to deceive at some point.

Again ..its the side that's most consistent and puts a run together in the last ten games that just comes from nowhere to reach the play offs or possibly straight up with the run away two starting to falter ..just got to keep in amongst the crowd and HOPE that its us !

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

Yes. He is 3x better than he was in September. The stats did show Bennett as better him at that time

Claptrap. We should have had the benefit of him for the last seasons,  instead mowbray has treated him poorly and I remember about 3 months ago many on here saying he should hand a transfer request in because of the treatment.   Basically, mowbray has been forced into playing him, he would much prefer to play his pals. Bit like travis forcing smallwood out etc.....

Either Mowbray doesn't see their potential or he does and stunts it on purpose, either way he should go...

Mowbray just lining his pockets with no hunger for the premier league 

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Claptrap. We should have had the benefit of him for the last seasons,  instead mowbray has treated him poorly and I remember about 3 months ago many on here saying he should hand a transfer request in because of the treatment.   Basically, mowbray has been forced into playing him, he would much prefer to play his pals. Bit like travis forcing smallwood out etc.....

This. First he was dropped for Caddis and then Bennett and only when both proved inept over a lengthy run of games that Nayambe was included. Being dropped after every mistake and being called out publically can't help either (especially when it was a different standard for other players.) 

Along with Lenihen he has bags of potential to be a very good player at this level but the manager seems to be doing all he can to stunt it. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JoeH said:

Yes. He is 3x better than he was in September. The stats did show Bennett as better him at that time, Nyambe was struggle against decent wingers defensively, and had Bell’s confidence coming forward.

Thats all changed now.

The stats were incredibly flawed though because they compared someone who is a right back with the occasional time at centre back v someone who plays here there and everywhere, sometimes in midfield.

I think most could see with their eyes that Bennett is poor wherever he plays, especially at full back where his recklessness often leads to him diving in, being drawn out of position or giving away penalties. Nyambe is a far better one on one defender.

That being said, you are right that Nyambe is reliant on confidence.

• Like 1

Anybody saying Nyambe isn't a different player now to the one he was Week 1 this season clearly has poor memory. He was struggling, the defence in general was sturggling too. He lacked any confidence going forward, wasn't beating his man and couldn't deal with the pressures of right-back week in week out. The big turning point for me was Stoke away, that great ball through to Dack which eventually lead to our winning goal - I think from there he's just never looked back.

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

He has. Not three time over though, and he was plenty good enough to be starting for us before. Would likely have reached this level earlier if so.

Has been injured a bit to be fair. Plus I think he was positionally and defensively weaker last season. Remember a few teams targeting us down that side. Preston away vs Robinson springs to mind.

Absolute LOL’s at those suggesting Nyambe, like Travis have developed into top players in spite of Mowbray by the way. Be funny to be able to ask the young lads what they think of the gaffer. Lot of love for him.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Has been injured a bit to be fair. Plus I think he was positionally and defensively weaker last season. Remember a few teams targeting us down that side. Preston away vs Robinson springs to mind.

Absolute LOL’s at those suggesting Nyambe, like Travis have developed into top players in spite of Mowbray by the way. Be funny to be able to ask the young lads what they think of the gaffer. Lot of love for him.

No player with a sense of self preservation is going to tell you any differently though.

• Like 1