BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sheffield Wednesday (A)

• Backroom
41 minutes ago, JoeH said:

The true Blackburn for me is both runs, mid-table, some weeks we're great, others we can't break teams down.

Yep, pretty much. We're consistently inconsistent. Some weeks we look like we could beat any team in the division, other weeks we look like we'd struggle to beat anyone in the division. Unfortunately thus far Mowbray hasn't been able to solve the root cause of that issue and until he or somebody else does we will remain firmly entrenched in mid-table.

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, JoeH said:

The point is we had one run of good results, and one run of bad results. You're choosing to say that the run of bad results is the "true Blackburn"... it is a little defeatist. There's no evidence to say either is the true Blackburn. The true Blackburn for me is both runs, mid-table, some weeks we're great, others we can't break teams down.

*Rovers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

The point is we had one run of good results, and one run of bad results. You're choosing to say that the run of bad results is the "true Blackburn"... it is a little defeatist. There's no evidence to say either is the true Blackburn. The true Blackburn for me is both runs, mid-table, some weeks we're great, others we can't break teams down.

Which is probably what I was trying to say - that no one should get too excited by Saturday and that we're more than likely not to turn up in the next match.

As has been pointed out, it's Rovers.

No Rovers fan ever refers to the club or the team as Blackburn

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Which is probably what I was trying to say - that no one should get too excited by Saturday and that we're more than likely not to turn up in the next match.

As has been pointed out, it's Rovers.

In fairness they do, but rest assured there is always someone on here to correct them! 

• Like 6

18 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Even allowing for the sending off, which seemed to knock the stuffing out of them, Sheffield Wednesday were dire.

5-0 wins away from home are a cause for celebration but I'd be amazed if we kick on from this and get anywhere near the play-offs.  The rubbish served up over the Christmas and new year period is more of an indication of our real level than the complete aberration of yesterday's result. 

Thanks for the highlights and yes Wednesday were poor. But we looked good, carved them open with ease, got close to goal and took our chances.

And yes it is The Rovers.

Edited by onlyonejackwalker

3 hours ago, JoeH said:

Exactly, we are inconsistent partly because of the manager fiddling too much and partly because most of the players are quite capable of having shockers. Definition of a mid-table team.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Nope. If that was the case there wouldn't be the need for continual corrections on here. 

People from outside the area may be near other clubs with Rovers in the title, meaning just saying Rovers would be vague! 

There's only one Rovers. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Hate to break it to you all... but they do. As has been evidence by the countless, unnecessary arguments about it on this forum. Honestly you'd think admins might step in and say - yeah that discussions been had 50,000 times now, let people say whatever they please - but eh well!

I say Blackburn sometimes, other times I type Rovers, sometimes Blackburn Rovers. It doesn't make me any less of a supporter of the club, god knows my bank account could back that up. The fact it annoys some of you makes me giggle a little, so I'll probably keep using Blackburn ;) 

7 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

You don't come across as a rovers fan mate.  You must be young

Yes of course, I can't be a Blackburn Rovers supporter, because I type the first name of the club and not the second on a forum. Trust me, the only people appearing "young" are the ones being extremely pedantic over something SO insignificant. Christ alive this is unnecessary.

I wonder if this being a "Rovers" fan originated from when folk in town were either "Rovers" or "Olympic" ?

Guess it's the same as being "City" or "United", which is just a different flavour of bastard.

I reckon if we were abroad and someone asked which team we supported, that answering "Rovers" might not quite explain it, as we would like to think it would. I would certainly save myself the hassle and say Blackburn Rovers.

For the purpose of this forum we are "Rovers" but out and about, it depends where you are I suppose. But for clarity there is only one "ROVERS".

Edited by OldEwoodBlue
  • Like 5