BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sheffield Wednesday (A)

Just now, Mike E said:

Well they mention a political party with little context aside from being an apparent insult based on political belief in a match thread.

Sorry, but it's in the guidelines. As DE mentioned, we'd rather nip it in the bud than let it become precedent and cause arguments that aren't to do with football in a football thread.

The context was the Blackburn-Burnley rivalry. There was no insult.

Nip what in the bud? There was no argument. 

It was a light-hearted attempt at fun - which missed its target obviously

• Like 2

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

Is the Queens Park game a royalist reference?

Will that cause conflict on the board?

Potentially "toxic"....especially with the Sussexes in the spotlight at present.

Can I mention Brighton & Hove Albion?  They play in Sussex

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

It’s more the fact that if it gets mentioned, then people on either side respond, it escalates and takes threads off topic.

It has been mentioned a few times already in fairness, this isn’t a new thing.

There are 4 threads to discuss politics in ICBINF, that’s the thread to discuss politics, not this one. It’s not that difficult, to be fair.

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

It’s more the fact that if it gets mentioned, then people on either side respond, it escalates and takes threads off topic.

There are 4 threads to discuss politics in ICBINF, that’s the thread to discuss politics, not this one. It’s not that difficult, to be fair.

I don't believe you!

4 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

It wasn't a political point ....... it was just another way of poking fun at Burnley.

• Moderation Lead
13 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

No. the posts were clearly harmless jokes. The mods overreacted by "hiding" posts . Response, disbelief and minor satire...

They might well have been harmless, but they have taken threads off topic by people of the opposite persuasion responding and then turning it into a politics thread.
Of which we already have four.  

To simplify- football message board- football chat.

I can’t believe it’s not football- anything but football.

T’was ever thus.

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 2

• Backroom
9 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

No. the posts were clearly harmless jokes. The mods overreacted by "hiding" posts . Response, disbelief and minor satire...

The posts themselves were FINE until they mentioned (for no particular reason) politics. The exact same posts, but without mentioning politics, would've stayed.

I'm going to bed. Up at 4am for work and I'd rather not spend rest time repeating the guidelines that we all already know.

• DE. unpinned this topic

RIP Sheff Weds match thread.

You began life with predictions of certain doom, morphed into an orgasmic celebration of an emphatic thrashing, then died in the form of inane discussions about what the shorthand for the club's name is and on how mods should deal with political references.

All of which is to say that brfcs in the meantime, has stayed true to form.

• Like 2

Just now, bluebruce said:

RIP Sheff Weds match thread.

You began life with predictions of certain doom, morphed into an orgasmic celebration of an emphatic thrashing, then died in the form of inane discussions about what the shorthand for the club's name is and on how mods should deal with political references.

All of which is to say that brfcs in the meantime, has stayed true to form.

Luke 18:11  "Thank you, God, that I am not like other men."

• Backroom
20 minutes ago, arbitro said:

And justice has been done. The referee completely misread the challenge. He motioned that Luongo had stamped on Travis and quite simply he didn't.

About time we benefitted from such an injustice. Glad it's been sorted out though.

20 minutes ago, arbitro said:

And justice has been done. The referee completely misread the challenge. He motioned that Luongo had stamped on Travis and quite simply he didn't.

Sheff Weds can point to at least 4 reasons why that’s not true.

Still we’ve been on the receiving end of similar injustices and I’m sure be will be again!

10 hours ago, Stuart said:

Sheff Weds can point to at least 4 reasons why that’s not true.

Still we’ve been on the receiving end of similar injustices and I’m sure be will be again!

To be fair to Monk he didn't use the sending off as an excuse but had a go at his players.