BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

QPR (H) - Tuesday 28th Jan

So after the Sheffield Wednesday match thread continued to descend after the weekend into conversation entirely disconnected from the game itself - I think it’s time for a new match thread.

Very tough to anticipate anything with much certainty for this game. QPR as good as any side on their day, and as bad as any when it’s not. Very similar to us in a way. The pressures of winning 5-0 Away and having a home game following a week of sunny rest could tell with this one. 

The pessimist within me says 1-1, the optimist says a comfortable 2-0, with Darragh to score another from a set piece.

Enough from me, what’s your thoughts:

- Can Holtby fulfill the Dack role permanently?
- Is anyone here brave enough to suggest a change from the XI that started against Wednesday?
- Should JRC get more minutes?

Score Prediction:
Scorer(s):

• DE. pinned this topic

Let's see a settled side and play to the players strengths. Lower on numbers with a few of our arguably best players out but....

It won't impact as much if we gel as a team and let Holtby fill in Dacks role for a while. Even better if we get an actual right winger to finally give the side some much needed balance.

Rovers 2. Rangers. 1

The Holtby goals last week were so Dack-esque. Not one bit spectacular just right place, right time like so many of Dacks goals.

Wouldn't be surprised if we've had him watching some clips featuring Dack and just said "do this".

They score a fair few, I think only WBA have scored more this season so we could be in for a goal fest if we play like we did last weekend again....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

They score a fair few, I think only WBA have scored more this season so we could be in for a goal fest if we play like we did last weekend again....

True, but we seem to massively go against form in every single way in our games. Look at the Brentford game. All the stats say high scoring affair, with the Bees winning. It was the dullest game we’d seen for some time and we scraped the win.

Luckily we play SIGNIFICANTLY better against sides which attack and try to get goals, rather than the Wigan’s of the world who sit 11 men behind the ball.

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Tosin Bell

Holtby Travis Downing JRC

Gally Arma 

Id love to see this!

Why would you break up the Holtby and Armstrong partnership, with the former getting 2 goals from close range from the second striker position? Baring in mind he has been fairly ineffective out wide out of position.

• Like 2

Wouldn't change the last starting 11, assuming current fitness and no surprise signings. Off the back of a very good performance leading to a 5-0 win, don't see a major need to change anything.

I think JRC is one more decent impact sub appearance away from winning a start ahead of Rothwell, who has been quiet lately.

14 minutes ago, Don Said said:

Wouldn't change the last starting 11, assuming current fitness and no surprise signings. Off the back of a very good performance leading to a 5-0 win, don't see a major need to change anything.

I think JRC is one more decent impact sub appearance away from winning a start ahead of Rothwell, who has been quiet lately.

I thought Rothwell had a decent game at Sheff Wed. A lot more effective with the ball 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

I thought Rothwell had a decent game at Sheff Wed. A lot more effective with the ball 

No arguments there, he had a good game as did everybody on the pitch. He'd gone a chunk of games without being a consistent threat beforehand though, hopefully he can start to sustain it because he's one of our biggest threats on his day.

22 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

same team as Sheff Wed game

As much as I don't want Gallagher out wide, I'm  not sure there is any justification for changing a team that won 0-5 in their last game, unless forced.

So, yer, same again.

QPR can be really good so we just have to hope we catch them on a day off.

2-2

I'd like to think we will be full of confidence after last week, and nice and refreshed after the trip abroad this week.

Seen far too many false dawns with this lot though, I think we'll scrape home in an unconvincing 2-1 win, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if we lost 2-0.

There's only Barnsley and Luton Town conceded more Championship goals than QPR this season; so hopefully, our lads, buoyed by the win at Sheffield Wednesday and relaxed by the warmer weather of the Algarve, will be able to pressurise them and win. Fingers crossed for a 3-1 Rovers' win.

4 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Will be same team absolutely certainly unless we have injuries.

QPRs staff will have gone back and forth over the video of the Wednesday game, in detail. They will stick someone to man mark Downing, will double up on Nyambe and target our left side.

Will be totally different game I think.

Your second paragraph is a good reason not to play the same team....

4 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Will be same team absolutely certainly unless we have injuries.

QPRs staff will have gone back and forth over the video of the Wednesday game, in detail. They will stick someone to man mark Downing, will double up on Nyambe and target our left side.

Will be totally different game I think.

As long as they let Adarabioyo pass the ball through their midfield like Wednesday did we'll still be fine........

• Like 2

Shame that we have to wait so long between the 5-0 spanking and this match, would've been a great opportunity to keep the momentum going.

Having said that, they're not travelling well at present, even if they're playing good teams. Soft club who won't be up for a winter midweek away game up north. 

3-0 Rovers

Just now, islander200 said:

Talk of Nakhi wells being recalled by Burnley so they can sell him on before the deadline.

Be a loss for QPR 

I didn't know he belonged to Burnley. Have we made a bid for him, that being why he's being recalled?

36 minutes ago, bazza said:

I didn't know he belonged to Burnley. Have we made a bid for him, that being why he's being recalled?

I doubt we are in for him seen a few clubs mentioned forest, Bristol city and according to Nixon Wigan had an interest but don't have the money think Burnley looking for 5 million+

A young girl has passed away at just 20 years old. A Blackburn Rovers supporter with a season ticket in the Blackburn End, there's a minutes applause set to take place during the 20th minute of the game as a mark of respect at the wishes of her family - and they've shared this message on social media.

1115423586_ScreenShot2020-01-24at08_00_59.png.9e0651be6ee3ae9e3689afc7ae72e851.png