BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

QPR (H) - Tuesday 28th Jan

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Totally agree that no red button is good news but as an overall outlook its a shame that the club shares your principled view that 100% of the responsibility lies on the fans having a duty of care to attend rather than proactively doing all it can to try and tempt people in who dont see attending as a priority.

The club isn’t a charity mate. People are banging on about Venkys who are £100m deep and still willing to spend but can’t even bring themselves to buy a cheap season ticket, half season ticket or whatever other deals they put on.

Attending is a priority. Because we are supporters and that’s what supporters do at the most basic level. Plus the club needs to demonstrate generated income to move forwards under ffp.

The club made massive mistakes. I stopped going myself for a couple of years. But they couldn’t have done much more in the last few years to get people back. If fans don’t wanna go, fine, I couldn’t care less. But don’t then whinge about missing out on a bonus crappy service like the red button.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Stuart said:

It’s not free on Sky you know so there is no “entitlement” but there is certainly an expectation. If I was away with work, I’d expect to be able to watch it. It’s barely on the radio now and can’t be listened to online without paying £3.

Yes, we all want fans at the ground, like you and I, but trying to force fans to go will not work. Especially Blackburners. Waggott really has no clue about his customer-base. This kind of stunt proves it.

But the hypocrisy is palpable when the club is more than happy to move games to unsociable times just to make money out of TV so they shouldn’t be able to have it both ways.

I didn’t say it was free, I said as a little bonus.

Id have no issue in paying £3 if I was away either.

The club have to earn money. Maybe this little stunt will get a few hundred more fans in, maybe it won’t. But I’d be in no rush to pander to fans who don’t wanna pay their money.

8 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

I don't have access to the red button, don't have sky. My point being I can't see a massive surge in tomorrow's attendance without it. So means nothing to me. 45 years supporting through thick and thin. The Loons are just thick. I'd like to be a bit thinner. They have sucked the life blood out of the club. Do you know what, if they fucked off in the morning for a quid, I'd be there. Anything but them. 

I have a lot of respect for this point. It’s so sad that you don’t go. We (the fans) would love you back. ??

• Like 1

I have never watched any Rovers game on the red button. I don't go because of the lies that continue to be perpetuated by managers willing to cow tow to the Loons shilling. If they had any ambition they would improve the team by Friday. I'm at a loss to know they know the meaning of the word. I reiterate, sell us for a quid to someone who cares, swallow the debt, and don't come back.

• Like 3

Just now, Paul Mani said:

The club isn’t a charity mate. People are banging on about Venkys who are £100m deep and still willing to spend but can’t even bring themselves to buy a cheap season ticket, half season ticket or whatever other deals they put on.

Attending is a priority. Because we are supporters and that’s what supporters do at the most basic level. Plus the club needs to demonstrate generated income to move forwards under ffp.

The club made massive mistakes. I stopped going myself for a couple of years. But they couldn’t have done much more in the last few years to get people back. If fans don’t wanna go, fine, I couldn’t care less. But don’t then whinge about missing out on a bonus crappy service like the red button.

But what people cannot grasp is that those who see attending as a priority are already going. We are appealing to those who either dont see it as much of a priority or that cant see it as much of a priority. So there are 2 potential mindsets, feel bitter towards those we see as "less committed" which might create a feeling of entitlement but ultimately will achieve nothing. Or the club can really ask, why arent more coming and what can we do to get them back?

Totally disagree that the club is doing all that it can to drag people in. Prices are no longer low, they have drifted up in recent years and are now middle of the road. Look especially at matchday tickets with a needless additional surcharge making it very unappealing for the type of less committed fan from making a decision last minute, may it be that their own game has been called off, maybe a family plan has changed, maybe the weathers nice and they think they fancy going, is the club pricing itself to attract that sort of person? Not at all. Not sure the product on offer is particularly appealing either, there is a whiff of stagnation at the moment.

Agree with the red button, more a general point about the mentality regarding attendances. You say "pander" to fans but that sort of attitude from the club wont do anything to get people back.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But what people cannot grasp is that those who see attending as a priority are already going. We are appealing to those who either dont see it as much of a priority or that cant see it as much of a priority. So there are 2 potential mindsets, feel bitter towards those we see as "less committed" which might create a feeling of entitlement but ultimately will achieve nothing. Or the club can really ask, why arent more coming and what can we do to get them back?

Totally disagree that the club is doing all that it can to drag people in. Prices are no longer low, they have drifted up in recent years and are now middle of the road. Look especially at matchday tickets with a needless additional surcharge making it very unappealing for the type of less committed fan from making a decision last minute, may it be that their own game has been called off, maybe a family plan has changed, maybe the weathers nice and they think they fancy going, is the club pricing itself to attract that sort of person? Not at all. Not sure the product on offer is particularly appealing either, there is a whiff of stagnation at the moment.

Agree with the red button, more a general point about the mentality regarding attendances. You say "pander" to fans but that sort of attitude from the club wont do anything to get people back.

Great post. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I didn’t say it was free, I said as a little bonus.

Id have no issue in paying £3 if I was away either.

The club have to earn money. Maybe this little stunt will get a few hundred more fans in, maybe it won’t. But I’d be in no rush to pander to fans who don’t wanna pay their money.

Happy to pay £3 for audio only? Radio used to be part of the TV licence!

”Pandering to fans” (aka imaginative ways of bringing them back). You and Waggott would get on very well indeed.

Nice sidestep on the hypocrisy part though.

6 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I have a lot of respect for this point. It’s so sad that you don’t go. We (the fans) would love you back. ??

Fair play (I am a fan!). I do miss it, but as many hundreds have done, found other things to do. I hate what they have done, I have nothing but good memories prior to Loontime, I even bought ST's during their time. Wasted money. They are a very rich disaster.

Edited by Proudtobeblue&white
  • Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Great post. 

Thank you. May I also say that removing the option of the red button may not make a significant difference to the attendance but it IS a good idea whenever the club can prevent it because its one less barrier, its convenience will appeal to some and once that option is removed theres a decision for people to make.

Just now, Stuart said:

Happy to pay £3 for audio only? Radio used to be part of the TV licence!

”Pandering to fans” (aka imaginative ways of bringing them back). You and Waggott would get on very well indeed.

Nice sidestep on the hypocrisy part though.

I couldn’t give a shit about Waggot. I only care about my club and the future. There’s no sense in going over and over the past.

Again, if you don’t want to go, then fine. But then don’t feel entitled to whinge.

3 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

I can see the Club's thinking on this. Game originally would have been on a Saturday, therefore not on red button.

However I think overall the move comes across as petty and vindictive and merely punishing our fans who live in other parts of the Country.

Can't see that the move will have any particular impact on the actual attendance on the night but we'll soon find out I suppose.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

He’s doing it for a reaction now (as he said on the last match thread that he would).

No. I’m saying what I always have said, and will continue forever to say on the internet. In speech I often use both, but when typing I naturally say Blackburn.

I’m not doing anything for a reaction, it’s simply the term I use. 

Fourth time this now, getting utterly pathetic.

23 minutes ago, JoeH said:

It’s whatever I want it to be, leave it. I won’t be bullied into changing my language by a pedantic forum user who Nazi’s his way through threads bringing up the same tired old shit every few weeks. 

Can moderators please deal with this? Getting VERY tiresome.

You think I need to be warned for this? Thin skinned or what...you mention Nazi's,  not me. I've never met anyone who supports rovers refer to them as blackburn ....just pointing it out. I'll leave it with you.:brfc:

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

The red button is killing league clubs like ours Stuart. No ifs, no buts. There is zero extra revenue paid to our clubs by sky for that facility. Gates are massively down across the UK because of it.

Why should the club reward ‘fans’ who cannot be arsed to turn up when others turn out rain or shine? If it gets another 500 off their arses and into the ground then it’s well worth it. Nothing to lose imo. 

Playing devils advocate What if rovers have a repeat of the Wednesday game and fans watching decide I fancy a bit of that. Could have the opposite effect. 

Blackburn have won five of their seven Championship matches at Ewood Park with Tosin Adarabioyo in the starting line-up this season (71%), compared to just one of seven such matches when he has not started (14%).

Lets hope he stays fit. 

8 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I couldn’t give a shit about Waggot. I only care about my club and the future. There’s no sense in going over and over the past.

Again, if you don’t want to go, then fine. But then don’t feel entitled to whinge.

If I don’t want to go...?

You are spectacularly missing the point.

8 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Not Attending is a priority.

Only when they leave and take all their poison and debt with them will attending become a priority.

A lot of posts from you to say you don't care and not one post from anyone whinging about it not being on the red button.

Waggott thinks it will reduce his tax revenue when the reality will be no difference. Route cause still in situ.

Edited by OldEwoodBlue

6 minutes ago, Stuart said:

If I don’t want to go...?

You are spectacularly missing the point.

I’m not missing any point. I didn’t mean you personally, but fans generally.

Your point is that refusing to allow it to be on the red button tonight as an isolated decision is unnecessary. I disagree. I also think that it will increase our revenue this evening. If that’s by 100 people then great, if it’s a couple of thousand then even better.

At 6pm the Waggott Tax kicks in.

Remember all the super duper fans will already have tickets.

However, anyone finishing work and thinking of going down as a walk on will be unable to avoid being ripped off. £28 for the BBE.

Forget the red button... the Waggott Tax will keep your 100 fans at home on their arses.

"The club have done all they can".

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Not Attending is a priority.

Only when they leave and take all their poison and debt with them will attending become a priority.

A lot of posts from you to say you don't care and not one post from anyone whinging about it not being on the red button.

Waggott thinks it will reduce his tax revenue when the reality will be no difference. Route cause still in situ.

Tbf there hasn’t been whinging on here about the red button. I heard quite a bit yesterday and it was pretty rife on Social Media.

But I 100000% disagree with your take on supporting the club. If you take this back to the very beginning, football teams are followed by supporters. A supporters main job is to ‘support’ the team. This task is carried out on match days when supporters join each other on the terraces to exchange stories, sing tribal like songs and roar on their team. Football fans for hundreds of years have stuck with their clubs through thick and thin. We love, hate and forgive them like we do our nearest family members.

Venkys changed everything but make no mistake it could have been much worse and there are many living examples. Including Bury and Bolton who have had it far worse than we have. Bury no longer exist and Bolton get roughly the same crowds as we do but in League 1 where they get hammered every week.

I have my own opinions on why our fan base are SO upset 10yrs down the line but it’s not the time or the place. 

So I respect your decision but I don’t agree with it.

4 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

At 6pm the Waggott Tax kicks in.

Remember all the super duper fans will already have tickets.

However, anyone finishing work and thinking of going down as a walk on will be unable to avoid being ripped off. £28 for the BBE.

Forget the red button... the Waggott Tax will keep your 100 fans at home on their arses.

"The club have done all they can".

This problem precedes Waggot. Though I disagree with the late ticket increase I can see why it’s done. They want people to commit longer term. This helps them to budget properly.

If our fans are not fickle then where are the 10-15k who used to go to Ewood and more importantly turned up in the last home game in League 1? Hmmm