BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

QPR (H) - Tuesday 28th Jan

21 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

I still think the club could make it easier for fans living out of the town to get to Ewood. 
Getting to the ground on public transport or driving and parking is a pain if you’ve got further to travel.
My suggestion would be shuttle buses from Darwen station. Other clubs do it.

True, look at the operation Bolton run from their town centre out to Lostock/Horwich. It's a necessity for them because they're so far out of town, but they run it well with Tyrers.

Regarding the Red button issue; my season ticket holding Dad who is aged 74 and unfortunately feeling poorly this week, was saddened to read that he won't be able to watch on TV. He isn't fit to go in person tonight. Sometimes the result of a decision can have unpredicted consequences.

Seems a shame....

Edited by Colt Seavers
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Colt Seavers said:

Regarding the Red button issue; my season ticket holding Dad who is aged 74 and unfortunately feeling poorly this week, was saddened to read that he won't be able to watch on TV. He isn't fit to go in person tonight.

Seems a shame....

That is a shame. Sorry to hear it mate and I hope he feels better soon.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OJRovers said:

I still think the club could make it easier for fans living out of the town to get to Ewood. 
Getting to the ground on public transport or driving and parking is a pain if you’ve got further to travel.
My suggestion would be shuttle buses from Darwen station. Other clubs do it.

This has long been one of my issues. They lost the car parks where we had our season tickets to park meaning we had to park further away. I used to go on my own quite often. I still might if the was a bus that dropped me at the ground. It's not just one issue. Several issues combine to keep most people who no longer attend away. But fixing one bit might encourage a few to think again. And then you move on to another initiative which might encourage a few more. Losing a fan base has been easy. Rebuilding it is going to be a slow process but there are things you can do to create a climate for growth. Letting the fans feel you care is one. Today I got an email from Sale Sharks saying that if I buy a ticket for the cup semi against Saracens, I'll get a free ticket for the cup final. In terms of cost, they're not going to be way out of pocket. In terms of goodwill and guaranteeing good attendance for the semi thus giving them more chance of going through, its priceless

3 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Don't think the clubs get any extra for being shown on the Sky red button thing, it was part of the package deal the FL did with Sky. A televised Main match is when they get extra payment

So we should just refuse all games then.

6 minutes ago, Stuart said:

So we should just refuse all games then.

We can’t refuse all games. Just those which were originally scheduled for the weekend and have been moved to mid week.

@perthblue02 is right. We get literally nothing extra and it’s been widely reported how gates have been negatively effected. Piss take really, especially when you consider the FfP restrictions being imposed. Almost as if there’s a drive by the elite to protect their positions...?

The bottom line is we have a fairly small supporter base that's classed as loyal and still passionate about attending.  They accept the price is reasonable in the grand scheme of things, which it is.

After that we have a chunk of supporters who got pissed off with Venkys and sadly won't attend unless they go.  

There's still a large number of 'floaters' who have no intention of attending unless we get back to the premier league it's a simple as that.  WHY I don't know.  I personally can't stand the premier league and what it's become, modern football is shite.  Unfortunately a lot of the floaters grew up being spoon fed premier league football and multi million pound signings.  The bottom line is we obviously need to get back there for financial reasons but I much prefer the championship and even league 1 as a competition.

£10 tickets will cause occasional peaks in attendance but hardly any will come back, till the next time maybe.

SO, in summary, unless we get back to the 'promised land' the club can try all the initiatives under the sun but they're pissing in the wind.

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would swap Downing and Rothwell in your team. Bell at left back too.

Not sure about Chapman.... 

Put Downing there to utilise his crossing ability. Rothwell always cuts in anyway so feel he is better off in the middle.

Chapman deserves a chance to start a game and see how he does.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I have my own opinions on why our fan base are SO upset 10yrs down the line but it’s not the time or the place. 

This one snuck through didn't it.

Why are we still SO upset? Personally buying a club and then allowing an agent to catastrophically run it for what appeared to be his own financial gain against the wisdom of the established board is probably the main reason. The reason fans are still SO upset 10 years down the line is because in that 10 years we haven't been close to being back where we were when they took over, and they continue to run us with no structure or plan. Instead of being financially stable club punching above our weight, we are a financial wreck trying to compete at the level we have been for most of our existence. 

If this isn't the time or the place then you shouldn't have brought it up at all. But as you have brought it up then spit it out.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

But I’d say the ‘fanbase’ isn’t particularly upset with them these days. Some are, personally I’ll never, ever forgive them. There is still a hardcore of boycotters.

But a majority of fans I come across these days, regulars or lapsed, tell me how grateful we should be to them, how they put squillions in, more than Jack did, there’s no alternative, BADLY ADVISED, and so on and so on.

Crowds collapsed in 2012 as a direct result of the actions of the owners and yes, they were largely despised back then. In 2020, crowds will not not grow because of Venky’s themselves, but because their mismanagement has ensured we’ve spend a near decade treading around in second division mid table (at best) as prices steadily rise for the privilege of seeing it. 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

Just now, Mattyblue said:

But I’d say the ‘fanbase’ isn’t particularly upset with them these days. Some are, personally I’ll never, ever forgive them. There is still a hardcore of boycotters.

But a majority of fans I come across these days, regulars or lapsed, tell me how grateful we should be to them, how they put squillions in, more than Jack did, there’s no alternative, BADLY ADVISED, and so on and so on.

Crowds will not not grow because of Venky’s themselves, but because their mismanagement has ensured we’ve spend a near decade treading around in second division mid table (at best) as prices steadily rise for the privilege of seeing it. 

When I hear the phrase "badly advised", I reach for my revolver lol

• Like 2

• Backroom

I’ve had a season ticket as long as I can remember but for a few reasons miss a few games here and there at home, got to be honest would have been tempted by the red button tonight!

I don’t feel any sense of duty in supporting the club, some games I simply prioritise real life over going, always feels odd that some would use that as a stick to beat others with. 

• Like 2