BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

QPR (H) - Tuesday 28th Jan

14 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Blimey that half was dire. I thought Bennett coming on was the right move, no-one got past Bell again. Nyambe however, for all the love on here, was absolutely awful defensively second half, completely at sea.

Bennett was in front of Nyambe for the last part of the game and looked absolutely knackered. So that didn’t help Nyambe one bit.

Edited by frosty
  • Like 3

The game turned when we lost Rothwell in my opinion. He was exceptional when he was on, at the heart of everything positive.

We clung on there, great three points in the end. But considering we then were without: Dack, Rothwell, Evans - all starters, things were going to be a bit turgid.

Armstrong, boom! What a finish. Worked his little legs off did the lad!

We got the three points which trumps everything, but I felt things needed freshening up way, way before TM finally did. However the subs he did make I thought were the correct ones.

Travis again, absolute warrior is the lad. You've got love him. Tosin- looks so relaxed and composed, he's got a bit of arrogance about him. Holtby worked very hard and at times showed what he's got in his locker.

I felt for Costello, came on when QPR were very much in the ascendency and we'd lost the midfield so he didn't have much opportunity to show what he can do.

20 minutes ago, DE. said:

Gallagher had an absolute shocker tonight I'm afraid. When will this experiment with him out wide end? With that said even at the end when he had a great chance with a header right in the middle of the penalty box he put it wide. Graham would have had that one for breakfast.

Who was it that was trying to tell me Gallagher was a good header of the ball when we signed him this summer ?

• Like 1

Good result. Dire second half. I Follow had some weird camera angles and dodgy sound but 3 points on a cold Tuesday night is worth having. 

It is frustrating. 5 goals away from home  followed by a long lay off and a chill out in Portugal dulls the senses. I would have thought that a few Pennine runs and a bonding session in the local pub would have kept us sharper.

We didn’t have the killer touch but still held on thankfully. Travis needs to calm down in injury time. He gave the ball away three times in quick succession which could have cost us the points. 

Tosin stays fit then we have a chance of making the play offs. So cool and composed. Draws attention from the forwards then plays accurate hard balls into the feet of our central mid/attackers. Quick one twos or a half turn and the ball out to the wingers is always on. Was superb to watch at Wednesday last week and a very good performance tonight. Thought bell was very good as well for the 2nd game in a row. Very happy with things at the moment

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Doug said:

Well done Rovers, up to 10th and looking over a few shoulders. Let's keep it going!! 

Another 8 or 9 points and we’ll be safe I reckon.

In all seriousness, once we get to that point we should be letting our hair down. Players like Rankin-Costello and the like should start to be given time. We aren’t going up while this fella still thinks Bennett is the answer to whatever injury we get, just because he’s prepared to play anywhere.

Just about got this three points tonight after a poor second half where we just got weaker with every substitution. Thankfully we did enough damage when the attacking formation was deployed in the first half and Lenihan and Adarabioyo just kept doing what the needed to.

We absolutely need a new keeper mind.

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

Another 8 or 9 points and we’ll be safe I reckon.

In all seriousness, once we get to that point we should be letting our hair down. Players like Rankin-Costello and the like should start to be given time. We aren’t going up while this fella still thinks Bennett is the answer to whatever injury we get, just because he’s prepared to play anywhere.

Just about got this three points tonight after a poor second half where we just got weaker with every substitution. Thankfully we did enough damage when the attacking formation was deployed in the first half and Lenihan and Adarabioyo just kept doing what the needed to.

We absolutely need a new keeper mind.

Totally agree, am just out of likes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Good result. Dire second half. I Follow had some weird camera angles and dodgy sound but 3 points on a cold Tuesday night is worth having. 

If it’s that bad, John, push the boat out and get that central heating on! :D 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Blue n whites said:

Tosin stays fit then we have a chance of making the play offs. So cool and composed. Draws attention from the forwards then plays accurate hard balls into the feet of our central mid/attackers. Quick one twos or a half turn and the ball out to the wingers is always on. Was superb to watch at Wednesday last week and a very good performance tonight. Thought bell was very good as well for the 2nd game in a row. Very happy with things at the moment

Yes, agree. I think Bell has been good for 3 or 4 games in a row now. Some said he was poor tonight, but I thought he did okay. 

• Backroom

Bell had a great second half, got a bit of stick in the first half for putting a ball out for a corner but that was 100% the keepers fault he couldn’t see behind him.

He was as good as anyone seeing the game out and using the ball well  

• Like 2

Good result but that second half would’ve sobered up anyone still high on the 5-0 drubbing. 

Players like Bennett and Bell really need to be phased out of the side. Not good enough for a team with designs on promotion (which I guess means us?). Also time to ditch the tall, gangly, uncoordinated centre-forward playing right wing.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

A very good win tonight. Nervy towards the end, but felt like we deserved it overall.

Let’s keep the momentum going. As I said to my mate at the game, there’s always one team that comes out of nowhere and into play off contention. Let’s try and make that team us!!

• Like 2

Great goal by Armstrong, and great header by Lenihan. Rothwell very good first half and end product there that we crave.

Travis is a right bell end in a good way, making a meal out of fouls and being an irritant. Our Ben Pearson is a fair shout. Downing not his usual self on the ball. Holtby neat and tidy.

Gallagher dismal again. Playing wide never works although even when he went central he should have scored his chance.

Bell very poor again, amazed people were impressed, never seen a player kick the ball out of play so much unnecessarily, a mixture of lack of technique and awareness, whether its for a corner, a throw in or a goal kick. He also went AWOL on a few occasions in a way Nyambe doesnt.

Bennett a very strange sub too, did nothing.

• Like 3