BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

QPR (H) - Tuesday 28th Jan

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Miserable run? Give me a break mate. We haven’t lost at home for FOUR months.

No win in five. String of lacklustre performances. People aren’t stupid. They know this is an inconsistent team prone to the occasional burst of good form before the inevitable drop off. That win at Wednesday changed nowt.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Agreed. Waggott should be fired for not doing anything to get fans back.

A re-arranged Tuesday night game, mid-winter with 250 away fans. Never going to be a decent attendance. Cut the prices and I doubt you’d have seen many more on. 

Says more about the size of our fan base than Waggott in my opinion.

• Like 4

An important and welcome 3 points that keeps us ticking along. It was so important to build upon that Sheffield result with another win as dropped points would have wiped away some of the progress we made there last week.

The performance wasn't good other than the first 15 minutes, but I won't ever complain if we end up with 3 points.

Overall it was a 'typical' Rovers/Mowbray home performance - a positive first 10-15 where we played some really good stuff, got at them and created some good openings and got ahead - should have had 2 - then conceded out of little pressure with their first chance of the game - then it deteriorated into an hour or so of nothingness other than the Lenihan header to get us ahead. If that header had gone over I'm fairly certain the game would have petered out into a draw - thankfully we got that goal and from there dug in and protected what we had but that second half as we've seen so many times wasn't good to watch but we did enough to get the job done.

It is clear to me that we expend so much energy into the first 20 minutes of games and are often rewarded with early goals that we are unable to sustain it and end up knackered and hanging on later on in games.

I loved Travis' performance - in the opposition faces, winding them up, ran all night long - last few minutes he was down by the corner flag stopping crosses coming in clearly knackered - my MOTM.

Overall keeps us in touching distance of the teams above us and you never know whilst you remain in reach. Still think we need a couple of quality signings to have any chance.

Decent win. Keeps us in the mix, albeit a long shot. Think we’re destined to finish 4/5 points off the play offs which is an improvement on last season. That’s probably where our squad is. Anything above that would be a bonus.

Armstrong scoring regularly is massive. We needed someone to step up after Dack. Our goal difference is starting to look ok compared to others around us as well. 

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Rothwell going off at HT was definitely a turning point. He was sensational in the first half. Hope it was precautionary and his injury isn't too serious. Would be a shame for him to have a spell on the sidelines after finally getting going tonight. 

Word after was it’s a hamstring and could be 3 weeks

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

I loved Travis' performance - in the opposition faces, winding them up, ran all night long - last few minutes he was down by the corner flag stopping crosses coming in clearly knackered - my MOTM.

Yes. I agree. Becoming a real gem of a player.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Great goal by Armstrong, and great header by Lenihan. Rothwell very good first half and end product there that we crave.

Travis is a right bell end in a good way, making a meal out of fouls and being an irritant. Our Ben Pearson is a fair shout. Downing not his usual self on the ball. Holtby neat and tidy.

Gallagher dismal again. Playing wide never works although even when he went central he should have scored his chance.

Bell very poor again, amazed people were impressed, never seen a player kick the ball out of play so much unnecessarily, a mixture of lack of technique and awareness, whether its for a corner, a throw in or a goal kick. He also went AWOL on a few occasions in a way Nyambe doesnt.

Bennett a very strange sub too, did nothing.

Perfect assessment. Couldn’t have worded it better. Gallagher a shambles.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Great goal by Armstrong, and great header by Lenihan. Rothwell very good first half and end product there that we crave.

Travis is a right bell end in a good way, making a meal out of fouls and being an irritant. Our Ben Pearson is a fair shout. Downing not his usual self on the ball. Holtby neat and tidy.

Gallagher dismal again. Playing wide never works although even when he went central he should have scored his chance.

Bell very poor again, amazed people were impressed, never seen a player kick the ball out of play so much unnecessarily, a mixture of lack of technique and awareness, whether its for a corner, a throw in or a goal kick. He also went AWOL on a few occasions in a way Nyambe doesnt.

Bennett a very strange sub too, did nothing.

Surely when Rothwell went off it had to be a like-for-like substitution? JRC was as near as possible from those on the bench. But Tony knows better and we send on a defender to protect a marginal lead at home! Where are the "edge of the seat" performances he promised?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 47er said:

Surely when Rothwell went off it had to be a like-for-like substitution? JRC was as near as possible from those on the bench. But Tony knows better and we send on a defender to protect a marginal lead at home! Where are the "edge of the seat" performances he promised?

Mowbray said after the game that it was betweem Bennett and Brereton and he went for the more defensive option. Bennett again was shocking and as you say JRC should have been brought on. Only viable alternative IMO to JRC was Downing left, Johnson on.

The win is the most important thing but it was tough to watch, thats for sure.

28 minutes ago, Husky said:

Player Ratings according to sofascore:Rovers2_QPR1.jpg.953a9f80714fc49f80dcec7955911906.jpg

I feel like sofascore either didn't see Nyambe play, or every time Bell did something shit they thought it was Nyambe. Miles off on his score. A machine again. Anyone who thinks he scored the same as Gallagher, Walton and even Holtby tonight doesn't even know what a football is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I feel like sofascore either didn't see Nyambe play, or every time Bell did something shit they thought it was Nyambe. Miles off on his score. A machine again. Anyone who thinks he scored the same as Gallagher, Walton and even Holtby tonight doesn't even know what a football is.

Lancashire love also have Bell a good score, as well as Nyambe. And Downing the worst. a 5. Worst I have seen him play and have to agree. Bell doing better now imo.

3 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Lancashire love also have Bell a good score, as well as Nyambe. And Downing the worst. a 5. Worst I have seen him play and have to agree. Bell doing better now imo.

I missed a few chunks of the game but I saw Bell fuck up royally on at least three occasions.

Nyambe meanwhile, was rampant.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

It seems more accurate than most. They have Bell down as the worst Rovers performer.

Now compare that to Lancslive where Bell's performance was rated as one of the best:

Screenshot_20200129-004610_1.thumb.png.642368829290c5c2013dcfc68ff28f5d.png

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-player-ratings-qpr-17646936