BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

QPR (H) - Tuesday 28th Jan

3 hours ago, Husky said:

It seems more accurate than most. They have Bell down as the worst Rovers performer.

Now compare that to Lancslive where Bell's performance was rated as one of the best:

Screenshot_20200129-004610_1.thumb.png.642368829290c5c2013dcfc68ff28f5d.png

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-player-ratings-qpr-17646936

Another site also getting it wrong doesn't change my view. Like I say, I didn't see all of it, but I saw Bell botch up enough to still be highly concerned by him.

Sofascore gave Nyambe the same score as Walton, Gallagher and Holtby, that's why I mentioned those three. They had him as joint worst with 3 others, so including himself, his score was in the lowest third or so of the team. Thought he had another great game.

Edited by bluebruce
Needed rephrasing

14 minutes ago, Husky said:

It seems more accurate than most. They have Bell down as the worst Rovers performer.

Now compare that to Lancslive where Bell's performance was rated as one of the best:

Screenshot_20200129-004610_1.thumb.png.642368829290c5c2013dcfc68ff28f5d.png

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-player-ratings-qpr-17646936

Bell was struggling against Samuel. So much so that TM brought in Bennett on the left to shore that side up defensively.

Warburton’s decision to move Samuel to the left is probably why they failed to equalise as he was barely in the game second half...

2 hours ago, Amo said:

No win in five. String of lacklustre performances. People aren’t stupid. They know this is an inconsistent team prone to the occasional burst of good form before the inevitable drop off. That win at Wednesday changed nowt.

Correct. You can win lose or draw football games consistently 

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Tbh, you haven’t got a clue if cancelling the red button didn’t improve things. How do you know they haven’t sold 1500 tickets since that announcement?

More importantly, second lowest crowd of the season the game after we won 5-0 away. Embarrassing.

I think you clearly have to be on the wind up with that comment. Prior to tonight we hadn't won for nearly 2 months at home and prior to the Wednesday game it was no wins in seven.

To expect a huge hike in the attendance on the back of one result on a freezing mid week night towards the end of January when most people are absolutely brassic is naive at best and foolhardy at worst.

If we ever displayed any consistency and actually ever got into the play off positions and looked as though we could stay there then I'd agree it would be disappointing if there wasn't a decent upturn in attendances. 

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, Miker said:

Bell was struggling against Samuel. So much so that TM brought in Bennett on the left to shore that side up defensively.

Warburton’s decision to move Samuel to the left is probably why they failed to equalise as he was barely in the game second half...

Yeh weird decision. No way would I see my winger roasting Bell and say to him 'Hey, you know what, why don't you switch that over and go take on that fucking beast Nyambe on the other side?'

Madness.

Wow, just seen a Facebook post showing the form table for the last 12 matches.

Dunno if it is accurate, but it has us top of the league for those 12 games!!

Incredible when you think the Sheff Weds game was, if I recall, one that gave us only one win out of seven games. Oh to have not thrown away those cheap points...

• Like 3

Just now, bluebruce said:

Incredible when you think the Sheff Weds game was, if I recall, one that gave us only one win out of seven games. Oh to have not thrown away those cheap points...

This team has as good a chance as any since we have been relegated. Need a couple of quality players before Friday.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

This team has as good a chance as any since we have been relegated. Need a couple of quality players before Friday.

Absolutely crucial to sign at least two good ones if we want to have any chance of scraping playoffs, yes.

My pick would be to get a left back and a goalie. But I'd love to get a CB too, one injury there and we will look very bare indeed. Lenihan is known to get injured.

If we got all three plus a good wing prospect like Maddison, Curtis or the Polish lad, I'd give us a very good chance of managing it. Anything short of that and it will take everybody hitting and maintaining form, with some luck on injuries. And the manager not sabotaging us.

And no, I don't remotely expect us to sign all of those.

Edited by bluebruce

Good win tonight, I think primarily it's about results now, the mindset has to be that we are targeting wins from the last seventeen games. If hypothetically we won sixteen of them and drew one we'd probably secure automatic promotion. 

If more realistically we could make a half decent stab at it and win ten or eleven and avoid defeat in most of the rest that should get us in the play offs as the mark required over the last four seasons has been 74, 80, 75 and 74.

That's the heart talking. Do I actually think we'll do it? Maybe under a manager who played our best options in their natural positions, but I think we need  absolutely everything running in our favour and will be held back by Mowbray and not least by:

1) His weird obsession with playing Gallagher out of position on the right wing as opposed to playing an actual winger like Chapman there.

2) His weird obsession with getting Bennett on the pitch even if he doesn't start

3) Our inability to put in a performance for 90 minutes. Not sure if this is physical or mental as I always think we look extremely unfit in comparison to most other sides but then again we rarely played for more than one half at a time in League one either.

Would love to be proved wrong though.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Another one I looked at over the last six games had us  in tenth position with eight points. Forest top with 14 and interestingly Stoke second with 13.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Another one I looked at over the last six games had us  in tenth position with eight points. Forest top with 14 and interestingly Stoke second with 13.

Yep, absolutely you can distort the run of form stat in all sorts of ways. I just thought this one was interesting, and a little impressive given it includes our pretty shit recent run before the Wednesday game. It also shows how inconsistent this league is and that all you need is consistency.

Still say we need key reinforcements to get enough of that consistency over the remainder of the season.

54 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Yep, absolutely you can distort the run of form stat in all sorts of ways. I just thought this one was interesting, and a little impressive given it includes our pretty shit recent run before the Wednesday game. It also shows how inconsistent this league is and that all you need is consistency.

Still say we need key reinforcements to get enough of that consistency over the remainder of the season.

We tend to go on wildly contrasting runs of form under Mowbray, four losses followed by four wins followed by five defeats etc so the 12 game stat probably just caught our last two wins and the four wins before the extended winless sequence.

If you went back eighteen games it would probably look less impressive but then if you go back twelve or eighteen games it becomes more of a mini League table than a form table demonstrating current form.

Totally agree with the point about consistency. You don't have to be world beaters in the Championship, you just have to grind it out slightly more consistently Saturday - Tuesday - Saturday than everyone else.

• Like 1

well in my opinion we played a very good first half specially first 20 or 25...then we let them grow for second half of course QPR go out wishing to get the equalizer...it was a much more struggle second half and we deserv those points...
6 his injury).

We are showing very good shape and we display high football level in some moments...

struggle matches about to come so let's still supporting by now we are on the top ???
#ImRoversTillIDie 
#COYBB 
#TheMexicanRover 
#Top10season

4 hours ago, bluebruce said:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/championship/formtabelle/wettbewerb/GB2?saison_id=2019&min=17&max=29

We've also got a GD of +10 over that period.

You can use however many games as you want to see results

I just noticed the above covers 13 games. 

This one covers the last 12

https://www.transfermarkt.com/championship/formtabelle/wettbewerb/GB2?saison_id=2019&min=18&max=29

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Tbh, you haven’t got a clue if cancelling the red button didn’t improve things. How do you know they haven’t sold 1500 tickets since that announcement?

More importantly, second lowest crowd of the season the game after we won 5-0 away. Embarrassing.

Clutching.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I think you clearly have to be on the wind up with that comment. Prior to tonight we hadn't won for nearly 2 months at home and prior to the Wednesday game it was no wins in seven.

To expect a huge hike in the attendance on the back of one result on a freezing mid week night towards the end of January when most people are absolutely brassic is naive at best and foolhardy at worst.

If we ever displayed any consistency and actually ever got into the play off positions and looked as though we could stay there then I'd agree it would be disappointing if there wasn't a decent upturn in attendances. 

On a side note,  the atmosphere was terrible.  

Really low crowds across the league’s tonight. 

Night games are always substantially lower, but this one in particular is just before payday after a looonnnggg Christmas/New Year period, so of course rearranged games on a freezing January night are going to be lowly attended (QPR brought Just 250 to add to it). 

So not a game to make a judgement on either way.

Move on Paul and stick to your ‘football man’ routine as I don’t think attendance talk is your bag

Edited by Mattyblue

4 hours ago, bluebruce said:

The championship is utterly mental. WBA are second and havent won in 5....

• Like 1

Clear to me that when we play on the front foot (as we did first 35) were as good as any side in this division, but when we play deep and on the back foot - were as scary to watch as any side in this division.

Second half we gave them way too much respect, and Downing had a pretty poor game by his standards. We needed to take control much earlier and I’d have brought on Bradley Johnson a little earlier to try and do that.

A win is a win, and somehow top of the form table, but most sensible fans can see that is a small falsehood given all the draws as of late. We need to play better football than we did for 60% of that game if we want to be anywhere near the Top 6.

Good feeling we’ll nick a point at Boro though ??

5 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Good win tonight, I think primarily it's about results now, the mindset has to be that we are targeting wins from the last seventeen games. If hypothetically we won sixteen of them and drew one we'd probably secure automatic promotion. 

If more realistically we could make a half decent stab at it and win ten or eleven and avoid defeat in most of the rest that should get us in the play offs as the mark required over the last four seasons has been 74, 80, 75 and 74.

That's the heart talking. Do I actually think we'll do it? Maybe under a manager who played our best options in their natural positions, but I think we need  absolutely everything running in our favour and will be held back by Mowbray and not least by:

1) His weird obsession with playing Gallagher out of position on the right wing as opposed to playing an actual winger like Chapman there.

2) His weird obsession with getting Bennett on the pitch even if he doesn't start

3) Our inability to put in a performance for 90 minutes. Not sure if this is physical or mental as I always think we look extremely unfit in comparison to most other sides but then again we rarely played for more than one half at a time in League one either.

We look best when we press high early on.  Down side to that is we are knackered after 60 mins.  I love a good winger. Frustrates the life out of me not seeing one play there.  Thought Samuel for QPR looked a real handful down both wings.  

• Like 1

Tin hat time after I post this but credit where credit is due, this was a win made in Burnley.

Had he been playing, Wells would surely have tucked away some of the chances Rovers created for QPR...

A Very Mowbray Rovers performance from what I have seen of recorded highlights.

First half we showed why we are easily good enough to win promotion even from the distant wastes of 11th before last night's kick-off.

Second half we showed why we won't.

In a nutshell:

- against wingers who know what they are doing, Bell and Nyambe are not the finished article

- Tosin strolled and passed into too much trouble. Yes he has everything except super human focus and concentration to be the next Virgil; that's why he is an apprentice with us

- Downing ran the show v Wednesday, anonymous last night; Rothwell anonymous v Wednesday but ran the show first half last night. I don't believe this extreme level of variability is purely down to the players and their response to the opponents but I get the sense Mowbray can't help himself fiddling and twiddling

- Gallagher not surprisingly has problems when faced by a full back who can handle real wingers, never mind a Mowbray refugee banished to the outer darkness.

- I really would like to see the youngsters getting far better chances

- Travis is the real deal and seems to have taken a more effective anti-Mowbray jab than his team mates.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

So he gets criticized for his signings , he gets criticized for his tactics, yet we are having arguably out best season since going down? It doesn't add up!

So if his tactics are so bad, how are we doing so well with his signings that are so bad?

Some people need to take a step back. Ye are gone too far down the anti Mowbray rabbit hole and are unable to escape in spite of evidence that contradicts your view. 

• Like 8

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Mowbray said after the game that it was betweem Bennett and Brereton and he went for the more defensive option.

Doesn't he always! Its ingrained with him.

From trying to get a third which would have put the game to bed, we have our fans chewing their nails wishing for it to end.