BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

QPR (H) - Tuesday 28th Jan

Just now, 47er said:

Doesn't he always! Its ingrained with him.

From trying to get a third which would have put the game to bed, we have our fans chewing their nails wishing for it to end.

He got it right because we won. Every game in the division last night was decided by one goal with Derby, Millwall and Sheffield Wednesday all losing after being ahead. Good managers are able to set their teams up to close out games and we should be thankful that we are now doing that.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

So he gets criticized for his signings , he gets criticized for his tactics, yet we are having arguably out best season since going down? It doesn't add up!

So if his tactics are so bad, how are we doing so well with his signings that are so bad?

Some people need to take a step back. Ye are gone too far down the anti Mowbray rabbit hole and are unable to escape in spite of evidence that contradicts your view. 

Spot on. Some people are just desperately searching for something to complain about.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Husky said:

It seems more accurate than most. They have Bell down as the worst Rovers performer.

Now compare that to Lancslive where Bell's performance was rated as one of the best:

Screenshot_20200129-004610_1.thumb.png.642368829290c5c2013dcfc68ff28f5d.png

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-player-ratings-qpr-17646936

If I were a winger playing up against Bell and I got the word from the bench to switch wings and try my luck against Nyambe I'd pretend I hadn't heard anything.

• Like 3

Well an unchanged starting team that won previously wins again.

Forget the 5 nil luxury game although a few more would be nice, it's performances like last night that get you up the league and keep you there. The blend was right and although the subs looked like it was upsetting it again they rode it out and settled down.

In short, the Weds game everything fell for us and some bad luck evened itself but last night everything was right against a team who could easily undue you if not.  Real signs things are finally gelling again......leave it alone Tony !

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

People will have their own thoughts and views and there is nothing wrong with that HOWEVER the one common denominator within these thoughts and views is our beloved club. Maybe JUST maybe Rovers can be the team that comes from the middle into the play offs, who knows? We have the players, we have the ability and we have a source of youth waiting in the wings that might just take us one step further than we dare to dream. These kids will drive the more experienced players to perform as they know they are waiting to break through.

Whilst we have some sort of massive team ethic going on at the club, this isn’t so within the fan base, we see it on here. We hear it in the pub and social media is awash with criticism cynicalism and abuse. Perhaps now is the right time for the fan base to unite. Ewood is a fortress when it wants to be, the fans can be a huge part of this, the away support is amongst the best in the league and beyond and we have seen this on so many occasions. We are so close to the top 6, we have a chance and may not be the people’s choice so come guys let’s get it together for the last 17 games, be as one club and let’s see where it takes us.

We will need huge supporters efforts with Fulham wba and Leeds to visit our ground so,let’s start now!

• Like 9

I don’t think ‘the pub’ and real life generally is particularly awash with ‘cynicism’ and ‘abuse’ when it comes to Rovers. Majority of fans I come across are pro Mowbray, Venky’s the lot. If they are right to be so is up for debate, but that’s what I find.

As recent elections have proved, seemingly majority opinion on social media platforms does not usually equate to reality on the ground.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

He got it right because we won. Every game in the division last night was decided by one goal with Derby, Millwall and Sheffield Wednesday all losing after being ahead. Good managers are able to set their teams up to close out games and we should be thankful that we are now doing that.

So he sets his team to close out a game with a one goal lead----at half-time!!!!?

And at home? And you're OK with that?

5 minutes ago, 47er said:

So he sets his team to close out a game with a one goal lead----at half-time!!!!?

And at home? And you're OK with that?

It's a results business and we got the 3 points. I don't understand why anybody is unhappy about that.

I bet Millwall fans are wishing that Rowatt had been able to close their game last night out at half time.

Edited by Mashed Potatoes

40 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

It's a results business and we got the 3 points. I don't understand why anybody is unhappy about that.

I bet Millwall fans are wishing that Rowatt had been able to close their game last night out at half time.

Everyone is happy about that!

Bennet or JRC? That’s the issue.

3 hours ago, 47er said:

Consistent though! Fans are to blame.

Oh absolutely. We don’t know how lucky we are (despite having the piss taken out of us for 10 years).

Funny that he is embarrassed by fellow supporters not turning out in numbers, yet not embarrassed that “the club” cancels the TV coverage (while offering online PPV for £10) in order to try to compel fans to shell out £22 each on the last game before the first post Christmas pay packet, on a freezing cold and miserable evening in January.

And all because of a freak 5-0 win for the first time in almost 20 years.

Well it didn’t work - just as experienced fans knew it wouldn’t work. Looking at the ground I’d be surprised if 11,505 was the real number.

Blackburners will not be forced into anything. They are a stubborn bunch who do not take kindly to being slighted. The current administration is completely ignorant of this and don’t seem to care.

But yeah, it’s all the fans fault. We have been here for a hell of a lot longer than this lot and longer still after they leave. If we are doomed when Venkys eventually pull the plug then we are certainly not going to have lots of fans around as part of any legacy from this bunch. Everything rests on promotion. And even this may no longer be enough.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, 47er said:

Everyone is happy about that!

Bennet or JRC? That’s the issue.

Well I for one was happy that Bennett was brought on to help out Bell who was getting absolutely skinned by Samuel, not least because he was constantly left one-on-one. Despite our good play in the first half we were lucky not to go in 2-2 because of the problems down that side.

And we won the game, the sole object of playing it. 

• Like 1

Quick thoughts.

Tosin and Lenihen did well defensively although Tosin gave it away a bit too much.

Nyambe I thought was very good in the first half, especially on the overlap, but like against Wednesday seemed to play within himself in the second half. Bell was poor first half, getting skinned a few times and distribution poor. He defended better second half.

Travis needs to improve his distribution but he was MOTM for me. He's becoming a right niggly little git in a positive way. Downing and Holtby were OK without being spectacular. Armstrong was lively and took his goal well, although the defenders want shooting for giving him that amount of time. Gallagher tried to make a nuisance of himself in his random right wing position. Rothwell was outstanding for 45 minutes before injury.

Not sure why after 70 minutes they all moved 10 yards deeper and couldn't put their foot on the ball. QPR didn't suddenly start playing well, we just couldn't do anything other than lump it long and give it them back. 

Result wise it was a very good evening and keeps us on the periphery of the top 6. 

As for the 1,500 who flocked to buy tickets after the red-button option was removed, they obviously didn't cover the gaps from the 1 in 3 season ticket holders sat around me who decided not to bother.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, geedog13 said:

Can anyone see any similarities in the goal???? 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bjhr8BVgAnp/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

It's something he seems to try a lot, probably one of the main reasons that he's played so far on the left. 

No co-incidence that he hit the post so much last year, with him trying it as often as he does.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

Oh absolutely. We don’t know how lucky we are (despite having the piss taken out of us for 10 years).

Funny that he is embarrassed by fellow supporters not turning out in numbers, yet not embarrassed that “the club” cancels the TV coverage (while offering online PPV for £10) in order to try to compel fans to shell out £22 each on the last game before the first post Christmas pay packet, on a freezing cold and miserable evening in January.

Whilst I acknowledge that some (not all) people are waiting for the first pay cheque since Xmas,if a fan thinks the other issues are barriers, well then maybe football isn't for them. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gumboots said:

I've been ill for 3 weeks. I wasnt going out on a cold, wet night on my own.

I can't blame you tbh. The Elderly couple who sat in front of me his missus didn't come to the game of flu. He said he was 50/50 on coming. 

I broke my foot but didn't let myself miss games. I was extremely bored in the house and wanting to go Rovers. Everyone passion levels are different nowadays. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Whilst I acknowledge that some (not all) people are waiting for the first pay cheque since Xmas,if a fan thinks the other issues are barriers, well then maybe football isn't for them. 

Well it was certainly a factor for some season ticket holders who weren’t there. Are they not fans either then.

Sick to death of people blaming fans on the attendance debate.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Well it was certainly a factor for some season ticket holders who weren’t there. Are they not fans either then.

Sick to death of people blaming fans on the attendance debate.

Indeed.

Take the p**** for 7 years, what do they expect!

Question for Waggott et al.." What creative solutions have you planned (with the owners) to try and woo back the many lapsed fans still on your database?" 

• Like 1