BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

QPR (H) - Tuesday 28th Jan

20 hours ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Gallagher and Bennett were both pants! 

Bell is capable only as a back up LB.

Thought Lenihan and Armstrong were our best two players today.

Agreed that JRC should have replaced Rothwell and not Mowbrays love child! 

Would have been my choice, yet again Mowbary deflates a young uns confidence.  JRC would have been buzzing after the last outing and ToMo missed a chance to use that really Stoke the lad.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Well if a season ticket holder decides not to go because it's cold, that is on them. 

You really don’t want to pull at this thread.

They were counted among the 11,505 even if they weren’t there.

The original point that you have drifted listlessly away from is that £22 and taking it off the TV didn’t have the effect those in charge hoped. The conditions on the evening are simply an additional negative factor when someone is sticking two fingers up at you.

Meanwhile we don’t have enough revenue coming in and still don’t have any plan to try to grow the volumes and instead just think increased prices are they way to go. If we got promoted, I’d expect prices to go up even higher.

• Like 1

This player we are allegedly close to has to be Maddison, Peterborough chairman has said 2 deals with brum and charlton fell through and now a mid table championship team are in and are trying to structure payments, in the meantime  Addison will NOT get back into the Peterborough team ever!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

This player we are allegedly close to has to be Maddison, Peterborough chairman has said 2 deals with brum and charlton fell through and now a mid table championship team are in and are trying to structure payments, in the meantime  Addison will NOT get back into the Peterborough team ever!

Unless I've missed part of the conversation, why does that have to be us?

Could be anyone of a number of Clubs!

48 minutes ago, Stuart said:

You really don’t want to pull at this thread.

They were counted among the 11,505 even if they weren’t there.

The original point that you have drifted listlessly away from is that £22 and taking it off the TV didn’t have the effect those in charge hoped. The conditions on the evening are simply an additional negative factor when someone is sticking two fingers up at you.

Meanwhile we don’t have enough revenue coming in and still don’t have any plan to try to grow the volumes and instead just think increased prices are they way to go. If we got promoted, I’d expect prices to go up even higher.

Look I think prices should be cheaper and all games should be reasonably priced to view. I just want to be able to watch the Rovers and for good crowds in the stands. 

22 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

£22? Try £32 if you bought one on the night in the Jack Walker Upper...

We are a million miles away from where we need to be as a club.

No efforts, or not enough efforts, are being made to grow the long-term sustainability of the club - i.e. new fans, let alone demographic challenges - everything is short term.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

No matter which way you look at it three points are in the bag. Yes it was painful at times but you need a grit and determination to win these type of games remember we have lost many points over the past few seasons in similar games. There’s a bit of steel in the team at last and you can only beat what’s in front of you. We move in together 

I liked this post as I think it's spot on; however the last sentence seems to take the positive sentiment a little too far.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Look I think prices should be cheaper and all games should be reasonably priced to view. I just want to be able to watch the Rovers and for good crowds in the stands. 

Happily for you, iFollow was a fiver.

Unhappily for those able to attend, people at the club are determined to put up barriers in the interests of ‘value’. Even if you would like to see more fans in the ground. (So please don’t slight the locals watching on TV or online when that’s how you watched).

Meanwhile, while we fall out about it, there remain thousands upon thousands of empty seats and nothing being done to address it. Not just at Rovers. It’s all about supply and demand. What is the price point to get the ground two-thirds to three-quarters full? Get people into the ground, turn them into fans, get the merchandise and food sales up, but more importantly get some momentum and energy into Ewood Park.

• Like 2

I was v pleased with last night. We showed a mixture of the qualities needed to challenge for the playoffs. It wasn't the perfect performance but it was full of grit, passion & determination, with no shortage of ability in places, especially the first half.

We were perhaps a little lucky to get the win, but it was the sort of game we'd have drawn or lost last season so that's progress, especially as we ended up with a pretty youthful team by the final whistle. That said we created the clearer chances throughout, even in the second half. Their keeper was by far the busier, whereas they got very little change out of us one they reached out defensive third, save for their goal.

I'll take that type of win every week. My MOTM was Travis, he was everywhere, but Lenihan was also excellent bar for their goal.

I agree Gallagher & Downing (unusually) were our least effective players, with Holtby also quiet. If we can get them firing too, there's no reason we can't push on further, starting at 'Boro, where I don't think there's much to fear.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Happily for you, iFollow was a fiver.

Unhappily for those able to attend, people at the club are determined to put up barriers in the interests of ‘value’. Even if you would like to see more fans in the ground. (So please don’t slight the locals watching on TV or online when that’s how you watched).

Meanwhile, while we fall out about it, there remain thousands upon thousands of empty seats and nothing being done to address it. Not just at Rovers. It’s all about supply and demand. What is the price point to get the ground two-thirds to three-quarters full? Get people into the ground, turn them into fans, get the merchandise and food sales up, but more importantly get some momentum and energy into Ewood Park.

It wasn't. Ifollow is unreliable. 

Ya ,they should do whatever they can to get fans back. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Well I for one was happy that Bennett was brought on to help out Bell who was getting absolutely skinned by Samuel, not least because he was constantly left one-on-one. Despite our good play in the first half we were lucky not to go in 2-2 because of the problems down that side.

And we won the game, the sole object of playing it. 

We won the game but its still one game only. Worked this time in that we got the points, but not a formula for success over a longer period,I'd think

Also, proves Bell isn't good enough and we go back to several shambolic windows of of recruitment.

One thing that hasn’t been mentioned about last night - I don’t think - was the absolutely guy-wrenching feeling of sadness and almost shocked-grief that occurred when QPR scored literally just as the minute’s applause for Tiana Thompson came to an end.

I can’t remember the last time I felt that disconsolate. Not shouty or bawling but just genuinely upset to the pit of my stomach. Nobody knew what to do for the following minute: some quiet, victimless, booing, but mostly muted silence.

This isn’t meant to sound insincere or even pious, but it almost encapsulated for us all - certainly for myself at least - a microcosmic version of the feeling of loss and grief.

I’m just glad we were able to do the young lass proud by going on to win.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

How many went down BECAUSE it wasn't on the red button ?

I bet none.

How many didn't go down BECAUSE of the Waggott tax ?

I bet some.

Should be no tax on night games that really is ridiculous. Especially when you're playing a team like QPR who won't have many away fans turning up without tickets at the last min.

Really is just fleecing your own hardcore fans who can only get down after work.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, 47er said:

We won the game but its still one game only. Worked this time in that we got the points, but not a formula for success over a longer period,I'd think

Also, proves Bell isn't good enough and we go back to several shambolic windows of of recruitment.

Wasn’t top of my mind watching us beat a decent team tbh.

Two league defeats in the last 13 games (three whole months) suggests “shambolic” to be a touch OTT.

• Like 2

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

Wasn’t top of my mind watching us beat a decent team tbh.

Two league defeats in the last 13 games (three whole months) suggests “shambolic” to be a touch OTT.

C'mn, the recruitment hasn't been shambolic? You joking?

Same number of points as last season at this time, where's the improvement?

We need a new manager, simple as that, if we are ever to get promotion. 

Anyway, I'll finish on that. You are clearly a"glass half-full" kind of guy. I'm definitely not.

"A door closes, another one shuts" is my philosophy. 

And "every silver lining has a cloud".  :D

I like to think that's closer to the average Rovers supporter than you are!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Anyway, I'll finish on that. You are clearly a"glass half-full" kind of guy. I'm definitely not.

Can’t say as I’ve ever harboured much desire to be average in anything. Other than cricket, because I was hopeless at that!

But you are no doubt correct. People who up sticks to another country almost by definition are optimists.

Hopefully the improvement will be over the next 11 games versus the same timeframe last year. In fact, I think I’d be up for a wager on it....

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

We are a million miles away from where we need to be as a club.

No efforts, or not enough efforts, are being made to grow the long-term sustainability of the club - i.e. new fans, let alone demographic challenges - everything is short term.

You cant make fans go. No amount of creative ideas can. In certain conditions it may help. I reckon if the ticket price last night was 0 there wouldn't of been over 15k

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 47er said:

Yep. Most rovers fans I know don't go to games but think they know what's best for the club. 

Some fans need to remember where we were when Tony mowbray took over this club. 

I'm pleased that younger lads are getting bloodied in slowly. In touching distance of the play offs. Which i don't think we will achieve. But that's part of the fun isn't it. I genuinely cant believe how negative some fans are

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Blue n whites said:

You cant make fans go. No amount of creative ideas can. In certain conditions it may help. I reckon if the ticket price last night was 0 there wouldn't of been over 15k

The club isn’t doing nearly enough. Saying “nothing will work” isn’t going to cut it I’m afraid.

We seem to have reached a point where those at the club agree with you though. So it’s just a case of milking the existing fans for as much money as possible.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

The club isn’t doing nearly enough. Saying “nothing will work” isn’t going to cut it I’m afraid.

We seem to have reached a point where those at the club agree with you though. So it’s just a case of milking the existing fans for as much money as possible.

If people aren't going because of the cold weather in January I'm not sure what Waggott can do. Provide hot water bottles maybe?

• Like 3