BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

QPR (H) - Tuesday 28th Jan

23 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If people aren't going because of the cold weather in January I'm not sure what Waggott can do. Provide hot water bottles maybe?

Cut the tax then people can afford their own ! ?

Not really a game to judge though being serious. If a few flock back it'll be March onwards if there is a serious push for the play offs.

Otherwise this season's turn outs are pretty much set as they are. The loss of 1 k + season ticket holders has had the biggest impact on that. That's were the questions should be being asked.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

We didn’t lose 1500 season ticket holders from what I can see. A few hundred at the most. Our night games last season also had c11,000 home fans.

The home turn outs are pretty much where they were last season. Only change is Waggott now only talks about STs sold, not the total number of holders (paid, comps, free Under 8s).

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Sorry it should say 1k plus which I'm sure is what they said. Obviously somewhat balanced by newbies and lapsed but still too big of a hit for a club like us 

If we'd only lost a few hundred to natural wastage which you expect then the gates would look a bit healthier around 12k.

4 minutes ago, renrag said:

I really don’t see the point of this debate. As has been said already, there are many and varied reasons why an individual decides to go or not to go. Also any business in the world has to do all it can attract and retain customers.

I have been going to Ewood for every season since the end of WW2, a large proportion of them as a season ticket holder. However, for the last five years, and more so the last few months, my attendance has been restricted due to the health of my wife, who sadly passed away last month. I am as passionate as I have ever been regarding Rovers but there is no way I would now find it attractive to leave home on a cold, wet, miserable January evening in the dark to watch a football match 

Ya and that's fair enough. I have an Ireland season ticket and sometimes I don't go, for different reasons.

I just suspect some blame the club for not doing enough, whereas the reality is they wouldn't go anyway. 

16 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Sorry it should say 1k plus which I'm sure is what they said. Obviously somewhat balanced by newbies and lapsed but still too big of a hit for a club like us 

If we'd only lost a few hundred to natural wastage which you expect then the gates would look a bit healthier around 12k.

We actually sold slightly more (100) according to the FF minutes.

End of the day, at £350-£500 a season ticket, £22-£40 a match ticket and a team that is perennially in second division mid table, we ain’t selling many more, as proven with the fairly static figures since the sales collapse of summer 2012.

A consistently challenging side, big discounts and, of course, the Premier League are the only events that would see a significant increase. I can’t see any of those things occurring any time soon, so nothing will change however much we hand-wring on here.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, renrag said:

I really don’t see the point of this debate. As has been said already, there are many and varied reasons why an individual decides to go or not to go. Also any business in the world has to do all it can attract and retain customers.

I have been going to Ewood for every season since the end of WW2, a large proportion of them as a season ticket holder. However, for the last five years, and more so the last few months, my attendance has been restricted due to the health of my wife, who sadly passed away last month. I am as passionate as I have ever been regarding Rovers but there is no way I would now find it attractive to leave home on a cold, wet, miserable January evening in the dark to watch a football match 

Condolences on the passing of your wife Jack.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, renrag said:

Support at Rovers has always been varied. I was looking at some stats the other day regarding the run up to the West Ham 8-2 away win.

Briefly we'd-

Drawn 2-2 away at Man Utd

Drawn 1-1 home to Sheff Wed

Won 4-2 away at Everton

Won 3-0 home to Birmingham

Won 3-1 away at West Brom

Won 4-1 home to Arsenal ( Top of the league at that time )

Drawn 0-0 away at Ipswich

Won 2-1 away at Liverpool.

Won 2-0 home to Villa.

I think we were top of Division 1 at this time, gate for the Villa game ?  17,095.

My condolences on your very sad loss.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If people aren't going because of the cold weather in January I'm not sure what Waggott can do. Provide hot water bottles maybe?

Bang on.

1 hour ago, renrag said:

Very sorry for your loss

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Missing the point. I suspect on purpose so I’ll leave it there.

• J*B unpinned this topic
The Ifollow coverage was awful end of the first half. Hope Rovers are going to make the same gesture. 
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

AS a gesture of goodwill, the club will be offering refunds to supporters who saw their QPR+ live stream coverage of QPR v Blackburn interrupted on Tuesday night.

A technical fault, which was out of control of the club, resulted in the main camera being unavailable towards the end of the first half and at the beginning of the second half. This also impacted the audio.

The club would therefore like to offer refunds to seasonal and monthly QPR+ live video subscribers who were watching the game, as well as fans who purchased a Blackburn match pass.

Attendance against Wigan was up because we were recently in form and fans suddenly had a belief we could achieve something.

It was down against qpr because we have been recently out of form and fans no longer believe we are challenging for promotion. 

Very little you can do from off the pitch about the above on cold, January night matches. Hence why reducing these uninspiring games to £10 a ticket has never worked and proved nothing.

Edited by Hasta

To be fair Wigan was a bit of a unique situation as it was the day before Christmas Eve. So a lot of floating fans and exiles home for Xmas got their festive fix for a knockdown price. Ergo biggest home turnout in the Championship for years.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Attendance against Wigan was up because we were recently in form and fans suddenly had a belief we could achieve something.

It was down against qpr because we have been recently out of form and fans no longer believe we are challenging for promotion. 

Very little you can do from off the pitch about the above on cold, January night matches. Hence why reducing these uninspiring games to £10 a ticket has never worked and proved nothing.

There is lots you can do but first we need to stop alienating fans.

Right now “the club” is going out if it’s way to put up barriers.

11 hours ago, Stuart said:

There is lots you can do but first we need to stop alienating fans.

Right now “the club” is going out if it’s way to put up barriers.

Overall I agree, but if there was one fixture on paper that would be poorly attended it would be a mid-week game in January against a bottom-half London side with us languishing in mid table. £10 a ticket wouldn't have boosted that gate much as previous promotions have shown. @Mattyblue points out that Wigan was a unique situation pre-Christmas and that, tied in with a promo, worked even with the game being on regular Sky. Promo's have to be for attractive games to get new / floating fans in.

The club needs an ongoing policy to attract more fans and bring fans back in. I think my point is that once this game was rearranged it was a lost cause for the club to look at any pricing or initiatives for this fixture, the horse had already bolted on getting a decent crowd in for this game. The only thing that would have helped is good form / hope. Stopping the red button broadcast was just pointless.  

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

On 31/01/2020 at 09:19, Hasta said:

Overall I agree, but if there was one fixture on paper that would be poorly attended it would be a mid-week game in January against a bottom-half London side with us languishing in mid table. £10 a ticket wouldn't have boosted that gate much as previous promotions have shown. @Mattyblue points out that Wigan was a unique situation pre-Christmas and that, tied in with a promo, worked even with the game being on regular Sky. Promo's have to be for attractive games to get new / floating fans in.

The club needs an ongoing policy to attract more fans and bring fans back in. I think my point is that once this game was rearranged it was a lost cause for the club to look at any pricing or initiatives for this fixture, the horse had already bolted on getting a decent crowd in for this game. The only thing that would have helped is good form / hope. Stopping the red button broadcast was just pointless.  

The best on going policy to attract more fans is to play football that gets you out of your seat now and again and to win your home games. I watched the Wigan game and we were beyond awful. Nobody on the verge of becoming a regular attender again will have come away from that game thinking " Roll on the next home game " or " I'll get a season ticket ". That's not the first time we've played like drains in front of a good attendance.

• Like 1