Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JoeH

QPR (H) - Tuesday 28th Jan

Recommended Posts

A QPR team without their main striker - who've played at the weekend and lost...
vs a Blackburn team that have had a nice break and winter training camp having won 5-0 away...

Blackburn 0-1 QPR (Lenihan OG '78)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/01/2020 at 08:02, K-Hod said:

I like to think, he’s learnt his lesson with this. 
The way others the he could contend with are playing, there’s no way Bennett can start. 
(That’s not to say he won’t get some token minutes from the bench, of course). 

Tonys clearly dropped Bennett both from the team and the captaincy. So I think we can give him some credit.

He's also hardly played Smallwood or Williams. Yet people keep on harping on about it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, JoeH said:

A QPR team without their main striker - who've played at the weekend and lost...
vs a Blackburn team that have had a nice break and winter training camp having won 5-0 away...

Blackburn 0-1 QPR (Lenihan OG '78)

Its rovers mate, be told.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Tonys clearly dropped Bennett both from the team and the captaincy. So I think we can give him some credit.

He's also hardly played Smallwood or Williams. Yet people keep on harping on about it...

I have noticed it takes some a long time to catch up.

From time to time you still see stuff like that about Bennett or even Smallwood on occasion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On balance, we ought to win this one. 

Hope we stick with the Sheffield Wednesday line-up.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We beat Sheffield W 0-5, QPR beat Sheffield W 2-1. Mathematically, we got this!

 

But it never goes that way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Its rovers mate, be told.

He’s doing it for a reaction now (as he said on the last match thread that he would).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

He’s doing it for a reaction now (as he said on the last match thread that he would).

Double bluff from a non rovers fan....he got pulled up and he knows it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We should be looking to win this match comfortably. Unbeaten at home since September. At what point do we begin to call Ewood a fortress?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

We should be looking to win this match comfortably. Unbeaten at home since September. At what point do we begin to call Ewood a fortress?

I think we're firmly in the 'hard to beat at home' category, but I'd want a few more draws converted into wins before we call it a fortress. The fixture list has been strange too in that we've tended to play almost all of the tough teams away first, so we still have most of the big hitters to come at Ewood. 

Having said that, I can't remember the last time I came away from Ewood thinking we were genuinely outplayed, even if we've picked up some disappointing results. Keep that up and it's definitely an opportunity to have a stronger second half of the season, with some of the lower-hanging fruit away games coming between now and May. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apart from Sheff Utd last season, who we couldn’t get near, it is rare to be outplayed  at Ewood under Mowbray.

It is that soft underbelly on the road, coupled with a lack of ruthlessness at times at home to convert draws into wins that has us plodding in mid table.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Apart from Sheff Utd last season, who we couldn’t get near, it is rare to be outplayed  at Ewood under Mowbray.

It is that soft underbelly on the road, coupled with a lack of ruthlessness at times at home to convert draws into wins that has us plodding in mid table.

Bang on - How good were Sheff Utd that day though!? Wow, I honestly don’t think I’ve seen a better team at Ewood...ever! Well at least for as long as I can remember.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Apart from Sheff Utd last season, who we couldn’t get near, it is rare to be outplayed  at Ewood under Mowbray.

It is that soft underbelly on the road, coupled with a lack of ruthlessness at times at home to convert draws into wins that has us plodding in mid table.

 

15 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Bang on - How good were Sheff Utd that day though!? Wow, I honestly don’t think I’ve seen a better team at Ewood...ever! Well at least for as long as I can remember.

I've missed a handful games since then, but this is absolutely right. Perfect blend at this level between skill, athleticism and grit. I've been surprised by how well they've gone this year, but you could tell then that they were an excellent team.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sponsor
20 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Good, hate the red button. Killing clubs like ours who need gate receipts.

It will make no meaningful difference to the gate and will cost the club money.

No reduction in ticket prices either for a bang average midtable, midweek, midwinter fixture.

Apart from that, great news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stuart said:

It will make no meaningful difference to the gate and will cost the club money.

No reduction in ticket prices either for a bang average midtable, midweek, midwinter fixture.

Apart from that, great news.

Of course the red button has made a difference to gates. A significant one!

The club have worked hard to keep prices down. It has nothing to do with the prices, just peoples lack of support. Happy to sit at home and watch though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

Of course the red button has made a difference to gates. A significant one!

The club have worked hard to keep prices down. It has nothing to do with the prices, just peoples lack of support. Happy to sit at home and watch though.

Our gates went over a cliff long before the red button was introduced. You can thank Venkys and two relegations for that.

But we both know I was talking about the decision to not show tomorrow’s game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

Of course the red button has made a difference to gates. A significant one!

The club have worked hard to keep prices down. It has nothing to do with the prices, just peoples lack of support. Happy to sit at home and watch though.

Not tomorrow though. I disagree. Waggott's lack of imagination, and tax, together with a complete disdain for fans has killed all but the diehards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stuart said:

Our gates went over a cliff long before the red button was introduced. You can thank Venkys and two relegations for that.

But we both know I was talking about the decision to not show tomorrow’s game.

The red button is killing league clubs like ours Stuart. No ifs, no buts. There is zero extra revenue paid to our clubs by sky for that facility. Gates are massively down across the UK because of it.

Why should the club reward ‘fans’ who cannot be arsed to turn up when others turn out rain or shine? If it gets another 500 off their arses and into the ground then it’s well worth it. Nothing to lose imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Not tomorrow though. I disagree. Waggott's lack of imagination, and tax, together with a complete disdain for fans has killed all but the diehards. 

So what? If they can’t be bothered to turn up and support their team that’s fine. Absolutely fine. But don’t have the cheek to moan about not getting it on the tv as a little bonus...the level of entitlement is unbelievable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

The red button is killing league clubs like ours Stuart. No ifs, no buts. There is zero extra revenue paid to our clubs by sky for that facility. Gates are massively down across the UK because of it.

Why should the club reward ‘fans’ who cannot be arsed to turn up when others turn out rain or shine? If it gets another 500 off their arses and into the ground then it’s well worth it. Nothing to lose imo. 

Totally agree that no red button is good news but as an overall outlook its a shame that the club shares your principled view that 100% of the responsibility lies on the fans having a duty of care to attend rather than proactively doing all it can to try and tempt people in who dont see attending as a priority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Loons killed our fan base. Dead easy. I have no time for Loon apologists. They have made the most expensive bed in the history of the club, and seem to be lying in it. Not one person has ever got close to explaining why they continue to fund our club to no gain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

So what? If they can’t be bothered to turn up and support their team that’s fine. Absolutely fine. But don’t have the cheek to moan about not getting it on the tv as a little bonus...the level of entitlement is unbelievable.

It’s not free on Sky you know so there is no “entitlement” but there is certainly an expectation. If I was away with work, I’d expect to be able to watch it. It’s barely on the radio now and can’t be listened to online without paying £3.

Yes, we all want fans at the ground, like you and I, but trying to force fans to go will not work. Especially Blackburners. Waggott really has no clue about his customer-base. This kind of stunt proves it.

But the hypocrisy is palpable when the club is more than happy to move games to unsociable times just to make money out of TV so they shouldn’t be able to have it both ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

So what? If they can’t be bothered to turn up and support their team that’s fine. Absolutely fine. But don’t have the cheek to moan about not getting it on the tv as a little bonus...the level of entitlement is unbelievable.

I don't have access to the red button, don't have sky. My point being I can't see a massive surge in tomorrow's attendance without it. So means nothing to me. 45 years supporting through thick and thin. The Loons are just thick. I'd like to be a bit thinner. They have sucked the life blood out of the club. Do you know what, if they fucked off in the morning for a quid, I'd be there. Anything but them. 

Edited by Proudtobeblue&white

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.