Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, J*B said:

No, haven’t seen that. Unbelievable!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/breaking-senior-rmt-official-suspended-21847912

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11366524/labour-councillor-boris-johnson-publicity-stunt/

Have a read of these 3 links please JB. Thanks

Edited by chaddyrovers

Posted (edited)

Touching on shortages of protective equipment and supplies, don't know about the UK but there was a massive increase of daigou changing from the usual of baby formula and vitamins going on in Australia in January and February, CCP funded "businessmen' and businesses in Australia got the instruction and acted accordingly, this coupled with the current minister for border affairs Peter the spud Dutton (department responsible for the Ruby Princess fiasco) being the person who did the last Pandemic stockpile review and cut millions from it, leads us to the shortages in Australia now.

Edited by perthblue02

Johnson not being Ill and it all being a PR stunt is a ludicrous suggestion. 

That said I can beleive that in terms of going into ICU, it may have been done cautiously just because of who he is. E.g. if joe bloggs had the same criteria would he have been admitted to ICU or kept out for a couple more days? possibly not. That said we'll never know how bad he was but to say it was faked is a farce.  

46 minutes ago, Yoogo said:

Berth. I'm not sure I want to think about what sort of being this message board would give birth to!

a two-headed paranoid.

11 minutes ago, philipl said:

Yes there are stories Johnson's stay in an ICU bed was a stunt.

If he is back at work before the end of May, the whole world will know it was a stunt.

I believe he was genuinely very ill and lucky to survive. If anyone produces evidence to prove otherwise I'll take a look. Otherwise.....

Just now, 47er said:

I believe he was genuinely very ill and lucky to survive. If anyone produces evidence to prove otherwise I'll take a look. Otherwise.....

I have given you the yardstick. 

If he is back behind a lectern giving briefings before June it was a stunt.

10 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Johnson not being Ill and it all being a PR stunt is a ludicrous suggestion. 

That said I can beleive that in terms of going into ICU, it may have been done cautiously just because of who he is. E.g. if joe bloggs had the same criteria would he have been admitted to ICU or kept out for a couple more days? possibly not. That said we'll never know how bad he was but to say it was faked is a farce.  

I had an unknown viral infection in January. It wiped me out for 6 weeks. I couldn't do more than 1 thing in a day for most of that time. I couldn't eat properly . I was falling asleep in day time. I'm surprised, and therefore somewhat doubtful of the extent of Johnsons illness, that he is capable of doing what he has done so soon after being in icu

2 minutes ago, philipl said:

I have given you the yardstick. 

If he is back behind a lectern giving briefings before June it was a stunt.

True but how do I know whether the yardstick you have provided is the right one? And how do we know exactly what Boris is up to? He could be asleep for weeks for all I know and wheeled out for the odd press conference. They could pretend he's in charge when he's doing nothing much. In fact that would suit them I suspect.

People can have their doubts but no point debating it without evidence.

4 minutes ago, gumboots said:

I had an unknown viral infection in January. It wiped me out for 6 weeks. I couldn't do more than 1 thing in a day for most of that time. I couldn't eat properly . I was falling asleep in day time. I'm surprised, and therefore somewhat doubtful of the extent of Johnsons illness, that he is capable of doing what he has done so soon after being in icu

Exactly , course it’s a stunt . A lot of elements of this whole thing are . 
nightingale hospital film sets . 

it’s basically wag the dog 

I dont necessarily think it's a stunt. I just feel it's all been made out to be a bit more serious than it actually was. I think they've used a genuine illness to the greatest possible effect.

10 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

https://www.lep.co.uk/health/chorley-ae-closure-difficult-decision-manage-unprecedented-situation-say-nhs-bosses-2521255

South Ribble MP Katherine Fletcher made a direct appeal to Karen Partington in a video messsage on Twitter on Friday evening asking her not to close the unit. She said that she had sought figures from the trust about exactly how many additional staff were needed - but had not been given enough time to put the request to ministers.

Speaking seprarately to the Post, Ms. Fletcher said: “I asked the trust to hold fire and said that I would walk down Victoria Street in London to the Department of Health and ask for whatever was needed [to keep the unit open].

"I’ve been in daily contact with the Health Secretary Matt Hancock about it. All of the MPs in the area are working together on this and I have stayed in London, because I think that it’s best place to be able to advocate on behalf of Chorley and South Ribble A&E.”

And therein lies the problem...... government needs to be properly devolved and decisions regarding health, transport, schools, and public services etct etcf taken away from London and made locally, 

Firstly, the decision to close the A&E unit at Chorley is nothing to do with the local council - the decision was made by the trust which runs Preston and Chorley hospitals.

Secondly Chorley A&E has never been a viable stand alone A&E unit - it took too many resources for too little demand for a full service. It has remained open, although not as an overnight service, because of political pressure from local people who feel they must have one.

Thirdly it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever in the current crisis to have an A&E department open when attendance numbers at A&E are so hugely down and those resources are vitally needed elsewhere.

It has never been a sensible decision to have two A&E departments in the same area. It is the result of the catastrophic decision in the 1970s to close RPI and Sharoe Green hospitals and consolidate them at Royal Preston in Fulwood. They should instead have built a new regional hospital at Walton Summit and closed Chorley too. This is an idea that has been around for a long time and certainly was still being considered a few years ago

10 minutes ago, Inglorious basturk said:

Exactly , course it’s a stunt . A lot of elements of this whole thing are . 
nightingale hospital film sets . 

it’s basically wag the dog 

Who knows exactly what was the true extent of Johnson's illness ? At no time did I get the impression that we were being told the whole truth. Maybe it was really serious and the government propaganda machine was making light of it. According to his account he was at deaths door and it could have gone either way yet at no point was he intubated. Like most things that comes out of this government's mouth it's hard to discern the truth.

18 minutes ago, gumboots said:

But I suppose different people react and recover at different rates. And like I said it's highly likely it was precautionary rather than a necessity hence why is able to do so much more than youd expect. 

The media has definitely made it out to be more than it is turning it into boris coming back from the brink of death in a patriotic fight against covid19. However whenever I've heard ministers speak I always got the message that it was just a precaution, he's in excellent hands and responding well so almost trying not to make a big deal out of it. 

The other point me and my partner thought was that working through it wouldnt have helped and the few forced days off helped more than the hospital attention. 

Just now, only2garners said:

Firstly, the decision to close the A&E unit at Chorley is nothing to do with the local council - the decision was made by the trust which runs Preston and Chorley hospitals.

Missing the point, which was about the local MP saying she needed to be in London to lobby about cuts being made in Chorley

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Who knows exactly what was the true extent of Johnson's illness ? At no time did I get the impression that we were being told the whole truth. Maybe it was really serious and the government propaganda machine was making light of it. According to his account he was at deaths door and it could have gone either way yet at no point was he intubated. Like most things that comes out of this government's mouth it's hard to discern the truth.

His personal perception of the illness, being at deaths door probably differs to the medical facts. I can have just a mild cold and start taking out funeral plans. 

Just now, RoverDom said:

But I suppose different people react and recover at different rates. And like I said it's highly likely it was precautionary rather than a necessity hence why is able to do so much more than youd expect. 

The media has definitely made it out to be more than it is turning it into boris coming back from the brink of death in a patriotic fight against covid19. However whenever I've heard ministers speak I always got the message that it was just a precaution, he's in excellent hands and responding well so almost trying not to make a big deal out of it. 

The other point me and my partner thought was that working through it wouldnt have helped and the few forced days off helped more than the hospital attention. 

The point is, they are such a bunch of liars its hardly surprising that some people are suspicious. Look at all the informal briefings there were about how well he was---next thing he's in ICU!

Johnson said it "could have gone either way" yet at no point was he put on a ventilator (according to the media) which is how the most serious Covid-19 patients end up. Someone's not telling the truth - and in view of Johnson's past history of telling lies (and getting sacked from his jobs for it) or embellishing the facts it's not hard to guess who is the culprit. 

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He’s doing rather well for someone who was at deaths door in my opinion. 
I’m afraid I just can’t take anything on face value in this whole situation 

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Well Philip, in your esteemed wisdom and perceived knowledge, please explain in detail Sweden no shutdown.

Just now, EgyptianPete said:

Well Philip, in your esteemed wisdom and perceived knowledge, please explain in detail Sweden no shutdown.

I think the jury is still out on that one yet. I hope they know something we don't. It's certainly well worth monitoring their method of dealing with the virus.

54 minutes ago, philipl said:

Yes there are stories Johnson's stay in an ICU bed was a stunt.

If he is back at work before the end of May, the whole world will know it was a stunt.

Oh yes more stories from Philipl. 

I didn't realised you are qualified Doctor Philipl. But when asked where you did your medical training you didn't reply like many other questions you get asked but ignored them. 

I would expect Johnson to be running the country from Number 10 in 2 weeks time. 

I don’t think it’s conspiracy to perhaps have a think about things like where they pluck the figures for what constitutes a corona death or how a positive diagnoses is measured . It’s certainly not conspiracy to wonder why when it’s utterly floored everyone else (apparently ) boris comes back going on like jay from the inbetweeners. 
all the vagueness of the numbers means they can be manipulated to suit how our heroic leader appears now he has taken on and survived corona 

Just now, den said:

I know I can be stubborn but Chaddy takes stubbornness to a whole new level. I have for instance criticised both the Labour Party and Corbyn quite often on here, - has Chaddy ever conceded his party have EVER got something wrong?

Or himself for that matter. It's probably wrong of me to react as I do but I have serious issues with posters thinking they are infallible. 

What's scary is it is Trump level of alternative fact here. I think very few people would argue the Conservatives have not underfunded the NHS. The stats, the stories from doctors etc., the medical experts - yet this is vociferously denied.

Likewise the idea that the government have made mistakes in the crisis too is disputed. Would other parties have done worse? Are others at fault? Have they got stuff right? Probably yes to all 3 but it is scary that no acknowledgement of mistakes can be made by his party (or himself for that matter.) The inability to acknowledge mistakes or that on some things other people may be right is a very dangerous position imo. 

Someone I know is in the Royal Preston Infirmary with coronavirus. His son is updating his condition on f/b on a daily basis. He’s been sedated for 4 days now, on an incubator because he’s incapable of breathing for himself. They turn him onto his front as often as they can to help him breathe but can’t leave him permanently in that position. The doctors have said he’s critically ill. 

I don’t think Johnson has been anywhere near that position has he? Yes he’s undoubtedly been very ill and was at risk of progressing to that condition, but never did.