Jump to content

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, J*B said:

 

If this is proved to be true, the current government may never recover. 

There it is in black and white. Government asleep at the wheel with its leader absent from duty attending to personal matters. 
 

How can anyone defend this government now?

Johndon and Hancock should resign purely on this report alone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone post the full story

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

58 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

There it is in black and white. Government asleep at the wheel with its leader absent from duty attending to personal matters. 
 

How can anyone defend this government now?

Johndon and Hancock should resign purely on this report alone

 

No idea if any of this is true, but if the government has been asleep at the wheel heads need to roll, but not until this crisis is over. 

But this is The Times, a paper that waged war against Corbyn and his anti-Semite army just before the election, did you support that campaign Jim?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/labour-s-hate-files-expose-corbyn-s-anti-semite-army-9zzl0gxpv

 

 

Edited by Gav

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good bit of whataboutery there Gav.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, den said:

Good bit of whataboutery there Gav.

It would be so if I was a Tory den, but as you know I’m quite the opposite :tu:

By the way, the point still stands, did you post the anti-Semite army story when you read it? 

Edited by Gav

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The right wing loves Corbyn.....they can't accept he's gone.

Government still refusing to include care home deaths in the daily figures, and still unable to answer how many people have died in care homes ...

Front line medical staff being told to treat contagious patients with second hand gowns ...

Scores of medics and front line essential workers dead due to lack of protective gear ...

Millions of workers falling through the gaps in Sunak's shambolic rescue measures ...

Still no sign of the mass testing and contact tracing strategy that is required to get us out of this mess ...

And Johnson is tweeting about entertaining our families with bread!

It's like some kind of depraved satire of failed leadership.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Gav said:

It would be so if I was a Tory den, but as you know I’m quite the opposite :tu:

By the way, the point still stands, did you post the anti-Semite army story when you read it? 

Sorry Gav, I really don’t know why you’re trying to turn this around to Labour. 

For me, it’s never been a Labour versus Tory thing. It’s totally about the government in charge. They’re a disgrace aren’t they. Completely embroiled in brexit, nothing else mattered to them at that time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Possibly pulling out my wider issue with politicians but politicians dont need any qualifications to their job. They just need the support of the some (not even the majority) of the public politicians can get elected on local issues, in my area it can be hating brown people and opposing windmills ruining the skyline. Then once they're in it's all about who you know and who you back and make friends with by voting how they tell you too. They're not appointed based on their knowledge of developing complex supply chains or logistics networks, they're not appointed based on the in depth knowledge of how their department works. 

Bringing it back on topic, is anyone therefore surprised that politicians are making crap decisions and were skipping out on vital meetings? 

The fact we're so under prepared on PPE because ministers ignored the advice a couple of years ago illustrates this perfectly. No concept of risk management and business continuity type thinking. I imagine the government at the time looked at the word pandemic and thought "pfffft how likely is that" which is poor resilience planning. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gav said:

 

 

No idea if any of this is true, but if the government has been asleep at the wheel heads need to roll, but not until this crisis is over. 

But this is The Times, a paper that waged war against Corbyn and his anti-Semite army just before the election, did you support that campaign Jim?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/labour-s-hate-files-expose-corbyn-s-anti-semite-army-9zzl0gxpv

 

 

Times and Sunday Times are hardly Labour party backers Gav. owned by Murdoch,, they would have to be pretty certain about their info.

If these are the chumps running the show, why are you sanguine about letting them run it to the end? Are they fit to?

And just to back uo Den, what the hell has Corbyn and anti-Semitism got to do with it? Trump deflection tactics Gav.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our Government is to this pandemic what Ince was to our PL campaign in 2008.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Times article goes full scorched earth on Johnson, will be interesting to see if it gets much attention.

Boris getting ill himself was possibly the best thing for his reputation with the public and he’s now out of harms way but eventually questions will need answering.

The Nightingale hospitals are interesting and point to the expectation of further waves seeing as currently hospitals have capacity, suppose we need to get to a point where the current hospitals can go back to BAU and routine operations etc with these set up to deal with COVID.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, den said:

Sorry Gav, I really don’t know why you’re trying to turn this around to Labour. 

For me, it’s never been a Labour versus Tory thing. It’s totally about the government in charge. They’re a disgrace aren’t they. Completely embroiled in brexit, nothing else mattered to them at that time.

 

2 hours ago, 47er said:

Times and Sunday Times are hardly Labour party backers Gav. owned by Murdoch,, they would have to be pretty certain about their info.

If these are the chumps running the show, why are you sanguine about letting them run it to the end? Are they fit to?

And just to back uo Den, what the hell has Corbyn and anti-Semitism got to do with it? Trump deflection tactics Gav.

The points a very simple one gents, both den and Jim are betting the family silver on the Times story being correct:

“The Tories have mismanaged the current crisis, Boris never turned up to cobra, The Times have the inside scoop......”

If proven to be true then heads should roll by the way.

Yet the same posters spent years slamming the same papers disgusting personal attacks on Corbyn?

"Murdoch and big business run this rag, not worth the paper its written on, a national right wing disgrace"

You can't have it both ways, unless winning the argument is more important than telling the truth :rolleyes:

Edited by Gav

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Silas said:

Wow absolutely devastating. If it was in the run up to an election it could unseat them. All the info seems well sourced and could be confirmed in a public inquiry (eg. PMs attendance at Cobra, early modeling, investment in pandemic planning etc).

As we've got 4.5 years till the next election it will be interesting to see what unfolds in the post mortem. I think given the majority the government could just block a public inquiry? But then for the largely Conservative Times to publish an article like this suggests their won support may turn on them...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gav said:

 

The points a very simple one gents, both den and Jim are betting the family silver on the Times story being correct:

“The Tories have mismanaged the current crisis, Boris never turned up to cobra, The Times have the inside scoop......”

If proven to be true then heads should roll by the way.

Yet the same posters spent years slamming the same papers disgusting personal attacks on Corbyn?

"Murdoch and big business run this rag, not worth the paper its written on, a national right wing disgrace"

You can't have it both ways, unless winning the argument is more important than telling the truth :rolleyes:

It's a bit different though as it's a right leaning paper.

If it was the Guardian or Mirror you could out it down to political sympathies, but The Times is largely Conservative.

That's the significance of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Sarah Gilbert on bbc 1 Andrew Marr this morning. She is on discussing the vaccine she is creating. 

She is professor of vaccinology at Oxford university 

Sarah Gilbert was very impressive on the Andrew Marr Show. Learnt alot from her. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Prime Minister Johnson to return next week to 10 Downing Street

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11428473/boris-lead-uk-out-of-lockdown/

Possible exit strategy to lockdown by using a traffic light system.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8233761/Traffic-light-lockdown-schools-weeks.html?ito=whatsapp_share_article-masthead

Edited by chaddyrovers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the opposition driven media all out to get Johnson over his women issues contributed to him having to miss meetings to instead deal with that over hysterical nonsense ?

NIce work as usual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sarah Gilbert on bbc 1 Andrew Marr this morning. She is on discussing the vaccine she is creating. 

She is professor of vaccinology at Oxford university 

Good informative interview.

No way there will be a vaccine rolled out in the next year. Lot of hurdles yet and thats before they get to manufacture on a global scale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is now becoming clear that the government has made some critical errors that have resulted in thousands dying:

* The policy to initially follow the herd immunity at the start of the pandemic

* The delay in going into lockdown and banning of all public gathering

* The decision not to aggressively contact trace those that have been infected, a policy that they are now reviewing (however this particular horse has now bolted)

* The failure to use the 6 critical weeks to prepare for what was about to hit us by stock piling PPE and pivioting manufacturers to build ventilators (instead our government's focus was on ensuring they "got brexit done" by the end of January)

* The continued failure of not testing those coming into the country from virus hit regions and the lack of clear plan to limit travel in and out of the country

*  The failure to provide adequate PPE to front line health/social care workers which has almost certainly resulted in some deaths

And now via the times and a few other reports over the last few days there seems to be people within Boris's own government briefing against him by leaking damaging information about him missing Cobra meetings etc, this could be potentially devastating if the government starts to spilit at the most critical time.

On the economy side of things the government have got a lot right and have probably done as much as can be reasonably expected.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Gav said:

 

The points a very simple one gents, both den and Jim are betting the family silver on the Times story being correct:

“The Tories have mismanaged the current crisis, Boris never turned up to cobra, The Times have the inside scoop......”

If proven to be true then heads should roll by the way.

Yet the same posters spent years slamming the same papers disgusting personal attacks on Corbyn?

"Murdoch and big business run this rag, not worth the paper its written on, a national right wing disgrace"

You can't have it both ways, unless winning the argument is more important than telling the truth :rolleyes:

Betting the family silver on it being true -  it’s a story in the Sunday times! How the heck do I know if it’s correct Gav?

youre getting very irate every time it’s suggested that mistakes cost lives. Well they do. That isn’t to say that no other government would have struggled with this because they would. Every government would also have been left wanting at times as well that’s undoubtedly true, but fighting against every point of view that says costly mistakes have been made and still are being made is just plain daft and especially fighting against someone posting a link to what is a devastating attack on the governments early handling of the pandemic.

Edited by den

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good interview with Anneliese Dodds.

She was of the same opinion as me.... Times piece basically says nothing controversial at all. Good to see Labour MPs behaving like adults instead of the past rabble.

 

Remember China caused the virus and then deliberately hid it from the world for 2 months. This is the only time which was lost and has basically killed thousands around the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Good informative interview.

No way there will be a vaccine rolled out in the next year. Lot of hurdles yet and thats before they get to manufacture on a global scale.

As long as we are 1st in the line for vaccine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Good interview with Anneliese Dodds.

She was of the same opinion as me.... Times piece basically says nothing controversial at all. Good to see Labour MPs behaving like adults instead of the past rabble.

 

Remember China caused the virus and then deliberately hid it from the world for 2 months. This is the only time which was lost and has basically killed thousands around the world.

I watched that interview? How did you come out with that opinion? She just avoided talking about governments past mistakes as she wished to focus on the current situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.