16 hours ago, only2garners said:

Those tests posted out yesterday won't even have been received by those to be tested let alone been taken and then analysed.

In truth after a terrible start they have done well to get the number of tests up significantly, even if it's actually a long way from 100,000. So why does Hancock feel the need to shift the goalposts to make it look like he has achieved the target? I would be much more supportive of him if he had come into the briefing and straightforwardly said that the very ambitious target  set earlier in the month hasn't quite been managed yet but we are very close and will be there next week.

The whole situation is very taxing for any Government with knowledge growing every day and making a mistake or two along the way would be nothing to be ashamed of if it was communicated properly. But as far as I'm aware I've not heard a single member of the Government admit to making a mistake at all yet, Johnson even had the brass neck on Monday to suggest that others would be looking at our success. If this is success god knows what failure would have looked like.

Bang on. Of course mistakes have been made. Infallibility is impossible in a situation like this. The government need to hold their collective hands up if they expect the populace to have trust in them. Without the truth this really will become a nightmare.

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Apart from Chaddy, who do they think they're kidding ?  How many of the home tests will be done correctly ? From what I understand you need to put the swab way beyond what most people feel comfortable with in your throat and nose. I can't even stand those tongue depressors the doctors use, I've no chance of getting that element of the test right.

Yes, I looked at a diagram of where it had to go in your nose and thought, not unless its essential. 

57 minutes ago, dave birch said:

Here's a little curve ball for you.

It's an article, mainly about Aus, but has global implications.

It shows why (maybe) so many Governments were not able to respond as they would now wish.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-02/coronavirus-pandemic-exposes-just-in-time-economy/12206776?section=business

It does go into other aspects of "just in time", maybe TS and 47er would respond to that.

I might add that, I'm against globalisation per se as it does little for the locals in smaller and developing nations other than them being used to increase the profits of multinationals. Maybe that's for another thread

That's a very good article. I've never been a fan of JIT.  There's just too much to go wrong as we are now seeing. Of course the " Bean counters ",  who have taken over running most walks of life from the professional engineers, chemists, doctors etc that used run them, love it.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Of course the " Bean counters ",  who have taken over running most walks of life from the professional engineers, chemists, doctors etc that used run them, love it.

You leave Philipl out of this TS :D

16 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Who do you believe - on the one hand you have a treacherous, lying, manipulative British government and, on the other, healthcare professionals on the frontline and leading, non-partizan journalists on one of the the world's top business newspapers studying data from around the world?

It's a tough one. 

The thing is Jim they're so used to lying and getting away with it - they just can't help themselves.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Tom said:

Even considering the amount of tests in the post it seems odd that out of all the tests, presumably on people with symptoms only 6,000 tested positive in the last day, that seems really low, I presumed the positive diagnosis would be higher on those tested 

That I think is because it only registers positive if you are within days 1-5 of showing symptoms. So if you were a few days off showing symptoms or were in day 7 of symptoms you wouldn't register as positive even if you have the virus. That is why weekly testing for NHS staff etc is so important as there is more chance of them spotting it. 

Edited by Blue blood

Apparently lieing is now the norm for the government. Appears as though 63,000 people were tested in the last 24 hours. 10,000 less than the day before.

Number of tests still above 100k but dropped a fair chunk. Important to hit these high numbers consistently and not just one day to hit a target.

My Cousin didn't make it. Died on April 8th and buried on April 24th. 

Another Rover lost at the Royal Preston Hospital at 11.47am.

RIP my lovely Cousin David. 

So sorry to hear that mate. Thoughts with u and your family.

3 minutes ago, KS Cracovia said:

My condolences to you and your family KS.

1 minute ago, Atko's Engine said:

My condolences to you and your family KS.

Bradley sent the family a video message which was lovely. Rovers floral shirt in the hearse.

He absolutely loved Rovers. 

R.I.P. sorry for your loss.

12 minutes ago, KS Cracovia said:

Bradley sent the family a video message which was lovely. Rovers floral shirt in the hearse.

He absolutely loved Rovers. 

Awful news. So sorry.

Nice gesture from BD.

RIP David.  

47 minutes ago, KS Cracovia said:

I am so sorry to hear this news. 

My thoughts and feeling are with you, his family and friends. 

Posted (edited)

129 people have die from coronavirus in East Lancashire hospitals. 

East Lancashire Hospitals are Royal Blackburn Teaching Hospital, Burnley General Teaching Hospital, Clitheroe Community Hospital, Accrington Victoria and Pendle Community Hospital.

total number of coronavirus deaths in Lancashire are 648 in hospitals according to the article

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire-news/east-lancashire-hospitals-tops-coronavirus-18189399

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 hour ago, den said:

Apparently lieing is now the norm for the government. Appears as though 63,000 people were tested in the last 24 hours. 10,000 less than the day before.

Piers Morgan is a PR man who only cares about himself and making himself look good in the Public Domain. Him and His co host Reid attitude towards some guests are disgraceful. Examples like Morgan interrupting Former PM Blair and Reid interrupting a 16 years old boy who was explaining why Colonel Tom Moore was a hero and inspiration to him. Morgañ is a disgrace. 

My mum was test on Friday at the Preston test centre as she is a home carer for the elderly. She gets her results tomorrow. Preston test centre was busy with people getting tested. Alot of colleagues have got home test kits to do themselves this week and been done and sent back. 

Den, do you know if patients and front line staff who has been tested more than once are counted every time in the number of people tested that day or just number of test that day? So we can see the number of people tested country wide and arent counted them twice in that column. 

12 hours ago, 47er said:

I see globalisation as a race to the bottom Dave. Not a fan.

Swings and roundabouts - our entire way of life would be utterly impossible without globalisation. Drives everything from unbelievable choice of food, to fast fashion, to extraordinary tech like smart phones, to cheap international travel.

I think globalisation is great, as long as it can be regulated and everyone can work together. Which is what makes Brexit and all the other nationalistic stuff so daft in my opinion. We need stronger international institutions, not weaker ones.

23 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Swings and roundabouts - our entire way of life would be utterly impossible without globalisation. Drives everything from unbelievable choice of food, to fast fashion, to extraordinary tech like smart phones, to cheap international travel.

I think globalisation is great, as long as it can be regulated and everyone can work together. Which is what makes Brexit and all the other nationalistic stuff so daft in my opinion. We need stronger international institutions, not weaker ones.

Yes, my comment was entirely in the context of economics which was the discussion I replied to. I am appalled by the fact the in Britain we don't expect we can make anything anymore because the Chinese and others can do it far cheaper. The human rights costs are incalculable and there's a huge reduction in employment prospects for our own---by which I mean real jobs not Amazon warehouse ones.

In terms of international organisations i agree with you completely!

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Piers Morgan is a PR man . 

He's a journalist by trade actually.  I applaud him calling out Hancock and his bullshit/incompetence.

7 hours ago, KS Cracovia said:

Very sad to read this. My condolences to you and all your family.