59 minutes ago, Vinjay said:

Still ignoring questions (East Lancs NHS Trust yet more irony for the word trust on here) and not just from me. I know cover ups when I "see" them. Whether it's bad football owners or the government. I'm not worried about myself (not going up there) but people who are visiting or have conditions should know! This isn't China.

Good grief. Get a grip of yourself. There are eight, yes EIGHT, cases in the UK. Five of which are connected to the same individual who attended a conference in Singapore.

I'm currently in Cambodia at the end of a three week trip through Vietnam and Cambodia with 22 others. What precautions have we taken? Washed our hands VERY thoroughly and used hand sanitizer at every necessary stage. Everyone has refused the useless masks we are routinely offered. The party included two GPs and three nurses!!!

We were cruising on the Mekong. One morning all the crew started wearing masks. I asked why? "Because the government told us to." 24 hours later all had stopped wearing them!

Don't get carried away with red top and media panic. Yes it's serious, yes people are dying BUT decent hygiene will keep you safe.

I don't see any threads about the disgustingly unhygienic habits of those who go for a crap on motorway services. And then leave without washing their hands.

Last week in Hoi An I watched a Chinese man wearing a mask emerge from a toilet cubicle and leave the toilets without washing his hands. I followed him out in to the restaurant where he went and picked up the coffee jug and poured coffee. I doubt he gave a single thought to the amount of faecal debris he left on that handle for a hundred others to touch. He obviously was very concerned not to spread disease.

Learn how to wash your hands medically. Don't touch public door handles etc. and sanitize your hands before eating and drinking. You'd be amazed at the numbers who don't or do not know how to wash hands thoroughly.

You'll live and you can forget about BRI.

Just get a grip.

Edited by Paul

I'm not carried away with red top or media panic. Just don't see any reason not to announce if the virus is in the area. Probably wouldn't even have mentioned it otherwise. It was me who commented on people being over paranoid. 

Boring day I guess.

Edited by Vinjay

Didn't this virus originate from eating bats? Literal flying rats.

Perhaps if the Chinese didn't insist on devouring anything with a pulse...

9 minutes ago, Amo said:

Didn't this virus originate from eating bats? Literal flying rats.

Perhaps if the Chinese didn't insist on devouring anything with a pulse...

Not sure where you've got that from. They haven't identified the origin as yet, but the initial suspicions are that it was from a seafood market in Wuhan. I'm not convinced that telling the Chinese to stop eating bats (which I think is like saying we all eat whelks and jellied eels, i.e. bollocks) because of a suspect seafood virus will wash (pardon the pun).

2 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Yes if it wasn't for the brown 'visitor attraction' signs you would never know that The Secret Bunker existed. Lovely part of the world, the east neuk of Fife. Like stepping back in time.

Yes, a lovely part of the world. St Monans, Anstruther, Pittenweem all very picturesque.

37 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Not sure where you've got that from. They haven't identified the origin as yet, but the initial suspicions are that it was from a seafood market in Wuhan. I'm not convinced that telling the Chinese to stop eating bats (which I think is like saying we all eat whelks and jellied eels, i.e. bollocks) because of a suspect seafood virus will wash (pardon the pun).

Ah, so it’s not the bat soup but the filthy, unhygienic market places. Imagine a menagerie of animals (live and dead) crammed together in unsanitary conditions. They’ve only themselves to blame.

35 minutes ago, Amo said:

Ah, so it’s not the bat soup but the filthy, unhygienic market places. Imagine a menagerie of animals (live and dead) crammed together in unsanitary conditions. They’ve only themselves to blame.

Our new Masters and their hygiene standards.

It's not just the radioactive goji berries we've got to worry about

1 hour ago, Amo said:

Nothing is confirmed until it's confirmed, so I'd be a bit cautious about apportioning blame to the whole of China before everything is confirmed. Let's also not forget that the UK has it's own little reputation for diseases in it's food produce - and not just internally, but exporting it to other countries, too. Until we know more facts, then perhaps a bit of restraint is needed.

1 hour ago, Amo said:

Imagine a menagerie of animals (live and dead) crammed together in unsanitary conditions. They’ve only themselves to blame.

What, like most of the abattoirs us meat eaters in this country get our fill from.

You not seen all the videos from the vegan campaigners?

Ain't gonna stop me eating it,  I love a good slice of beef, or rasher of bacon.

But let's not pretend our shit don't smell. 

Its garbage like these rumours that have caused the problem my daughter in law is having with her school visit here. The academy that was supposed to host them in Nottingham has pulled out at the very last minute amid fears they may bring coronavirus despite the fact that South Korea has had very few cases too. 

We’re in New Zealand at the moment, having flown through Incheon last week with no problems save for a quick temperature check.

The big problem here is not the spread of the virus itself but the economic effects that the effective shut down in China is having economically. Here on the South Island there should be thousands of Chinese tourists at this time of year but that has dwindled virtually to zero. That means a lot of lost revenue for the tourist industry at peak season. On Sunday night we met a crayfisherman who has $400K worth of crayfish sat in Milford Sound that should be on their way to China but that he can do nothing with. That’s being replicated across a lot of NZ’s food businesses.

38 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Sunday night we met a crayfisherman who has $400K worth of crayfish sat in Milford Sound that should be on their way to China but that he can do nothing with. That’s being replicated across a lot of NZ’s food businesses.

Can't he just let them go?

10 hours ago, Vinjay said:

I'm not carried away with red top or media panic. Just don't see any reason not to announce if the virus is in the area. Probably wouldn't even have mentioned it otherwise. It was me who commented on people being over paranoid. 

Boring day I guess.

"I know cover ups when I 'see' them" were your words. It was a nothing story from start to finish.

6 hours ago, Husky said:

Can't he just let them go?

No he can’t as the Fisheries Officers won’t let him. I didn’t follow the full tale - he had got through plenty of Speights by then.

18 hours ago, Silas said:

What, like most of the abattoirs us meat eaters in this country get our fill from. 

No, nothing like them, in fact.

19 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

Nothing is confirmed until it's confirmed, so I'd be a bit cautious about apportioning blame to the whole of China before everything is confirmed. Let's also not forget that the UK has it's own little reputation for diseases in it's food produce - and not just internally, but exporting it to other countries, too. Until we know more facts, then perhaps a bit of restraint is needed.

I guess in your rush to be politically correct, you forgot that it was the same wetmarkets that caused the SARS outbreak in 2002. Putting freshly killed or live fish, poultry, reptiles, insects, etc. in crowded, unsanitary conditions in close contact with humans is a recipe for disaster. 

Just now, Amo said:

I guess in your rush to be politically correct, you forgot that it was the same wetmarkets that caused the SARS outbreak in 2002. Putting freshly killed or live fish, poultry, reptiles, insects, etc. in crowded, unsanitary conditions in close contact with humans is a recipe for disaster. 

I'm not sure how reminding us that the facts aren't yet verified can be classed as politically correct.

23 hours ago, Amo said:

It's not good by our standards but it happens throughout Asia. Just part of life.

On 11/02/2020 at 13:48, Amo said:

Ya, but you can't say that now cos it's "wacist"

The health service here released a statement saying we shouldn't be calling it a "Chinese virus". For gods sake like, just focus on making sure it doesn't get here and spread, not whether we may or may not hurt someones feelings. 

6 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, but you can't say that now cos it's "wacist"

The health service here released a statement saying we shouldn't be calling it a "Chinese virus". For gods sake like, just focus on making sure it doesn't get here and spread, not whether we may or may not hurt someones feelings. 

Changing the name from some crap generic beer in order to not offend Mexicans is another step too far.

10 hours ago, Husky said:

Changing the name from some crap generic beer in order to not offend Mexicans is another step too far.

😂😂

On 12/02/2020 at 12:46, Husky said:

The Government never lie. 🤖

BigBullshitter.jpg.531693b77ac8d8700e6e18ba8b4d366d.jpg

Well at least he would find it harder to pick his nose.

The Chinese Grand Prix has already been cancelled over 2 months in advance.

I thought this was all 'nothing to worry about'? 🤧

•  

CoronaMan.jpg