Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

And how often would you test them, den? The teacher may go to work, be perfectly fine but then catch it on the walk back home. The child may catch it by playing out that night. The child may catch it from his parents. There's an endless list of variables but the only certainty is that it cannot go on as it is indefinitely.

If people are to begin to go back to work then eventually someone is going to have to care for the children of this country. We can't use the tremendous help grandparents are at the moment either.

By the parameters you are setting - to achieve risk free learning - you'd require testing every morning (and even that isn't sufficient) for approximately 18 months or more until a vaccine is here. Now, we know that isn't achievable, so what is the alternative? Keep children off school for 18 months? Stop all work for 18 months because we can't place children in childcare? It's not possible.

It is unanimous that there will be a second wave. The only way to guarantee that won't happen is to keep us all in isolation until the vaccine. The current cost of that isolation is at £300bn for 6 weeks. That equates to £50bn a week, at a conservative estimate. If we are to treat each month as 4 weeks, and assume a vaccine is here in 18 months, that is 72 weeks of £50bn funding. Which would mean the UK govt would need to find 3 trillion, 360 billion pounds just to achieve the kind of risk free approach you are seeking.

There is also the mental wellbeing of children to consider. It is an accepted fact that a lot of children actually 'lose intelligence' during the 6 weeks holidays. If we are to keep them off school for months upon months it would be only to the childrens detriment.

I do not have the answers, only an understanding that the government is making decisions that will not please anybody. So far you haven't been happy with a single decision this government has made. You seem to be the man with all the answers, so please, tell us, what do you see as the correct path for opening up education and the working environment in a way that is both affordable, as risk free as possible and beneficial to the people of this country?

Yet those three nations are also seeking a 'return to work' policy. Childcare is a brilliant point with which to make a political stand. Scotland, Wales and N Ireland are trying to get their population back to work whilst also attempting to tell their population that there is nowhere else to take their child. It leaves working folk in a no-win situation.

The UK Govt gave schools until the 1st of June to come up with ways to reopen their doors to Reception, Year 1 and Year 6 only. That gave at the time of the order a full 3 weeks in which to plan. Nobody says it is going to be plain sailing but it is also a fact of life that normality will have to return for a period of time. When that inevitable second wave hits it is then up to the govt to act more decisively than last time.

The whole world wants people back to work, not just the Tory party. Most European nations who are 'past the peak' have all set in place similar staggered returns to school. Holland, Belgium, France - all with similar deaths per million as us - have all entered into similar policies. Where is the uproar for them?

I have a degree of sympathy for teachers, as I do for nurses, policemen, and all working in the public sector during this. However, with all the cruelties of life, not one politician is at fault for the birth of this virus. It is no ones fault that humanity is having to face a certain degree of risk in order to achieve a sense of normality. In order to entirely reduce that risk it would cost far more than countries can afford so unfortunately we as a society have to do whatever we can to make the normal achievable.

Teachers are not the enemy, they are just as scared about it as the rest of us, but is it really such a scandal that plans are put in place for education to recommence? Well, as yourself, den, and the likes currently kicking off about schooling policy, you have also told us to always draw comparisons with other nations in order to judge our response, and currently our policy on return to work and school sits firmly in line with other European nations. Where are the comparisons now?

Speaking as a teacher: 
1) Before we return, we need one of the following: 

-Proper tracking, tracing and testing

-Vaccinations 

-Thorough research that shows re-opening schools is safe

2) Children coming back to school won’t be learning like normal. Many children won’t even have a qualified teacher in the room, due to the amount that are shielding. We will essentially be a glorified childcare service. In my opinion, children need to ‘resit’ the year. Their understanding can deepened of the relevant topics studied. Rushing back does not benefit them. 

3) Schools should not be left to assess whether their settings are safe. That’s not our job in a global pandemic. That’s the government’s job, through working with the relevant health and safety bodies, which they still can’t be arsed to do. 

4) You talk about child mental health, but death toll of education staff continues to rise. Imagine going into school and finding your teacher had died from it. 

I went into education to teach, not to risk my life. I’d have joined the army if I’d have wanted to play Russian Roulette with my life. 

Finally, this is Belgium’s medical staff’s view of their government’s handling- 

Edited by scotchrover

12 minutes ago, den said:

Utter garbage Dreams, all of it.

The government should prove, to the satisfaction of all concerned, that they will keep the teachers and pupils as safe as possible. I’ve got no idea how you could argue against that? It isn’t for me, you or any other outsider to say what that is.

you appear to have decided that the government should be able to treat teachers, pupils and parents exactly as they like.

Where have I said that? You are trying to make this emotional, which was always going to be the case when discussing children. It is why certain mayors affiliated to certain parties have made the 'revolt'.

Den your counsel throughout all of this has been to draw international comparisons. When we were behind other nations you bleated; when we tested less than others you bleated; when we align our return to school/work policy with other nations you...still bleat. We are doing no different to the rest but now you are done with national comparisons and want to turn the debate into one of emotion.

Quite simply the government cannot prove that. Michael Gove was a fool for saying yes to that question. How can he? We could have full faith in our teachers and parents to act responsibility- the schools could open with all the best will at heart but then a teacher attends an illegal party on a Saturday and catches coronavirus. That wouldn't be the governments fault, but as the Labour frontbencher quoted in the Guardian said, "it would be all over the media". Of which I have no doubt you would then be all over.

You seem steadfast in your belief that there are ways we can achieve normality and be safer than what is currently being propositioned. When you do finally put them suggestions across please tag me in, I'd like to read it, because if you have the answers you could make yourself very important in this country.

Again, every single person in this world is now having to undertake a degree of risk. It is no different if you collect bins, teach kids, perform heart surgery or screw the lids onto toothpaste. Unfortunately with each different sector comes a different portion of risk. The 'face to face' sector of education, healthcare, retail will all face a larger portion of risk than I will as a surveyor.

No school across Europe will be 100% safe but the governments of each nation has decided that, within their wisdom, the benefits outweigh the risk. As it is easy for us to sit here and say it shouldn't happen because ultimately we won't have to make that decision- we won't have to say to our bosses, "no it can't happen, go out and borrow another trillion pounds". We can sit here and quote all the risks and then, in 3 weeks time, if indeed it turns out the risks came true, we can say we knew best. It is the human way.

This is a no-win for the govt. There will inevitably be a case of Covid-19 in schools and people like you will round on it, politicise it, and claim it was too early to send them back. Hindsight is 20/20 and as mentioned you haven't had to wrestle with any other alternative. By your viewpoints we'd remain in this lockdown until a vaccine is brought about; a very easy position to take and one which shows an unwilling to consider alternatives.

1 hour ago, Gav said:

:D

Schools are already operating at reduced capacity and have been throughout this pandemic, you've hardly heard anything on the news or in the media about school teachers and parents being petrified of sending/teaching these kids at school. It does seem to me as though the unions are seizing on an opportunity here, hence the intense media scrutiny across many of the usual media outlets over the weekend.

For the record I wouldn't be sending my reception/1st year child back to school until after the summer at the earliest, but I would consider sending my school leaver in, 11/16yrs. 

Gav I think there's a huge difference between classes of kids and just a handful of kids. 

There are a number of differences that make the current proposals vastly different and therefore more questionable. 

1) as I said on another page, and you agree with, the decision for reception and year 1 students is very questionable. Also this age group provides the biggest challenge to social distancing compliance (or just not snotting and drooling on you) which increases the risk. 

2) it is a matter of numbers. The greater the number of kids in the greater the risk/the chances of the virus being transmitted. 

3) Currently it is key workers only whose kids are in. if the numbers increase to non key workers kids and one of them gets the virus, then this would mean key worker kids who have been in contact with the infected child (because there won't be social distancing) will have to isolate, as will their families. This could have a knock on effect on key services, not to mention others who may have to isolate because of it.

4) More kids mean more teachers, including those who may be at risk. Hopefully not but it is a possibility. Likewise what about vulnerable students too. 

5) I think one big issue is that why is indoor  social distancing not impotant here? I don't get how in this situation with a significant number of kids there is considered no need. 

,6) a huge issue, perhaps not with the unions but in the school saga, is that the parents are forced to make the decision as to whether to send their kids to school. 

2 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Gav I think there's a huge difference between classes of kids and just a handful of kids. 

There are a number of differences that make the current proposals vastly different and therefore more questionable. 

1) as I said on another page, and you agree with, the decision for reception and year 1 students is very questionable. Also this age group provides the biggest challenge to social distancing compliance (or just not snotting and drooling on you) which increases the risk. 

2) it is a matter of numbers. The greater the number of kids in the greater the risk/the chances of the virus being transmitted. 

3) Currently it is key workers only whose kids are in. if the numbers increase to non key workers kids and one of them gets the virus, then this would mean key worker kids who have been in contact with the infected child (because there won't be social distancing) will have to isolate, as will their families. This could have a knock on effect on key services, not to mention others who may have to isolate because of it.

4) More kids mean more teachers, including those who may be at risk. Hopefully not but it is a possibility. Likewise what about vulnerable students too. 

5) I think one big issue is that why is indoor  social distancing not impotant here? I don't get how in this situation with a significant number of kids there is considered no need. 

,6) a huge issue, perhaps not with the unions but in the school saga, is that the parents are forced to make the decision as to whether to send their kids to school. 

Thankfully the vulnerable are exempt from returning. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

On page 242. Half way down. So my comment is there!!!

Yep a senior moment on my part. My apologies. 

Yeah, agree his comments were nonsense and that the job is too big for him. That said he should of be held more accountable for his comments. 

1 minute ago, scotchrover said:

Speaking as a teacher: 
1) Before we return, one of the following: 

-Vaccinations 

2) Children coming back to school won’t learning like normal. Many children won’t even have a qualified teacher in the room, due to the amount that are shielding. We will essentially be a glorified childcare service. In my opinion, children need to ‘resit’ the year. Their understanding can deepened of the relevant topics studied. Rushing back does not benefit them. 

3) Schools should not be left to assess whether their settings are safe. That’s not our job in a global pandemic. That’s the government’s job, through working with the relevant health and safety bodies, which they still can’t be arsed to do. 

4) You talk about child mental health, but death toll of education staff continues to rise. Imagine going into school and finding your teacher had died from it. 

Finally, this is Belgium’s medical staff’s view of their government’s handling- 

The research is so varied though, scotchrover. Some studies claim children are less contagious, some show they are just as contagious as adults. As this virus is in its infancy so is our knowledge of it.

I agree regarding tracking, tracing and testing. Ultimately it is the only way for normality to return. You can isolate hotspots and if need be create a bubble, where certain towns or areas are locked down to reduce transmission. This was policy at first, stopped because they thought community transmission was too rampant. That is a whole other argument but certainly this policy has worked in Taiwan, SK etc so it shows its own credibility.

With points 2 I have no opinion on. I'm not qualified to do so. I don't think it would happen though- it would put an entire generation one year behind. Children who should have started reception will have to wait. The domino effect of such a policy will surely have more impacts than just continuing.

With a danger of sounding callous the death toll of all industries continues to rise. We cannot shield everyone from this virus completely. It a horrible, nasty part of life.

Again I must point out that we will all eventually have to return to work and with that comes risk. No industry will be shielded completely from that risk. However it is not possible to maintain the current situation until a vaccine is produced so we have to do what we can, together, to try and bring society back together and back to normality. 

1 minute ago, scotchrover said:

Thankfully the vulnerable are exempt from returning. 

Good to hear. 

5 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Where have I said that? You are trying to make this emotional, which was always going to be the case when discussing children. It is why certain mayors affiliated to certain parties have made the 'revolt'.

Den your counsel throughout all of this has been to draw international comparisons. When we were behind other nations you bleated; when we tested less than others you bleated; when we align our return to school/work policy with other nations you...still bleat. We are doing no different to the rest but now you are done with national comparisons and want to turn the debate into one of emotion.

Quite simply the government cannot prove that. Michael Gove was a fool for saying yes to that question. How can he? We could have full faith in our teachers and parents to act responsibility- the schools could open with all the best will at heart but then a teacher attends an illegal party on a Saturday and catches coronavirus. That wouldn't be the governments fault, but as the Labour frontbencher quoted in the Guardian said, "it would be all over the media". Of which I have no doubt you would then be all over.

You seem steadfast in your belief that there are ways we can achieve normality and be safer than what is currently being propositioned. When you do finally put them suggestions across please tag me in, I'd like to read it, because if you have the answers you could make yourself very important in this country.

Again, every single person in this world is now having to undertake a degree of risk. It is no different if you collect bins, teach kids, perform heart surgery or screw the lids onto toothpaste. Unfortunately with each different sector comes a different portion of risk. The 'face to face' sector of education, healthcare, retail will all face a larger portion of risk than I will as a surveyor.

No school across Europe will be 100% safe but the governments of each nation has decided that, within their wisdom, the benefits outweigh the risk. As it is easy for us to sit here and say it shouldn't happen because ultimately we won't have to make that decision- we won't have to say to our bosses, "no it can't happen, go out and borrow another trillion pounds". We can sit here and quote all the risks and then, in 3 weeks time, if indeed it turns out the risks came true, we can say we knew best. It is the human way.

This is a no-win for the govt. There will inevitably be a case of Covid-19 in schools and people like you will round on it, politicise it, and claim it was too early to send them back. Hindsight is 20/20 and as mentioned you haven't had to wrestle with any other alternative. By your viewpoints we'd remain in this lockdown until a vaccine is brought about; a very easy position to take and one which shows an unwilling to consider alternatives.

I honestly have no idea why you’re having a go at me over schooling. I’ve hardly mentioned it apart from one post about Goves silly comments on Marr this morning.

my only point is that the return of schooling should be agreed between govt and teachers unions. You either agree with that or you don’t.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Gav said:

My son is just finishing his final year at University in a relevant subject to be considered for this type of role.

So far he's only been able to apply for a call centre post in South Yorkshire, still an important position, but these track and trace jobs aren't readily available thats for sure.

My suspicion is they're being recruited through private companies, when they should be on uk.gov.

There was a story last week in the Independent about how Boots were recruiting some of the roles on a volunteer basis - no pay for a commitment of at least 4 x 8 hour shifts a week! No surprise that it was taken down pretty sharpish. there are outsourcing firms recruiting as well, but at OK levels of pay.

Edited by only2garners
Typo

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

I think we are in danger of moving the goal posts here. The quote was near normal not new normal, which is vastly different.  Nothing at all like near normal.whatsoever. am sure this is just an oversight but near normal suggests we are back to how we were (or nearly) pre virus. That isn't going to happen anytime soon. That is very different to the idea of a new normal. 

Depends what your normal life was before this virus start. 

Its going to be like a new normal in my opinion but not life will be like it was before. I would guess it will take years to get back to normal life. In terms of Holidays overseas and travelling on plans being just an example. 

You have strongly implied this on a number of posts. 

I have never said Vaccine would be ready. I posted in April that Professor Sarah Gilbert from Oxford University said a vaccine could be ready by September.

Professor John Bell from Oxford University said last week that Test results from the trials that Oxford University could be ready by Mid June. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8318931/Results-human-Covid-19-vaccine-trial-available-June-expert-says.html?ito=amp_twitter_share-top

Links provided again 

Surely this makes easing the lockdown at this point irresponsible then? Surely this just confirms the need not to rush out of lockdown or let people travel with impunity. 

well no cos some areas of the country has lower 'R' rates then others. For example, You live in Leeds and I live in Clayton Le Moors. Where I live its very quiet and roads are mostly quiet. I would imagine Leeds is very different. That's what I saying. We are coming out this lockdown slowly and not rushing things. Every company is different and will put in place different measures. My company I work for had already put in place different measures before I was Furlough. Other companies have done similar things whether it banks, cafes or restaurants or warehouses. Normal shops like clothes or phones for example will have to change their ways. How? I don't know myself but they will be getting guidelines from the governments. 

You have shifted all responsibility from the government saying the message to those who hear it. Incredible. In fact the only people who seem.to bare government responsibility are Wales and Scotland, yet here when there is an issue the onus is on the people. Hypocritical. Words are beginning to fail me at the double standards here. 

But no I haven't. Government is responsibility but so the people of the country. Government has put the rules and guidelines in place but it down to us to follow them.We live in Democracy society. 

Which isn't at all clear and down to the employer. 

Government have produce a 60 page document plus other guidelines for different businesses as each company is different. 

Again unclear. 

You are allow to do more exercise but not travelling miles for no reason. 

Limit contact - not clear again. 

clear to me and plenty of people.

Doesn't mean having house parties and start socialising with friends or family members. 

Mate you have posted a whole long list!

posted 6 things. same as the NHS twitter page did yesterday. 

Neither did I. Bit worrying that govt don't seem to be listening to or engaging with schools. Having a background in education there is no justification as far as I can see for Year 1/reception in. 

Yet again I said on Friday that Reception and Year 1 shouldn't go back. Clearly you miss this comment. 

The onus of the responsibility in all situations lies with the government. You don't seem.tl be getting that. That is the way the world works. I've listed a ton of examples where this is the case but I am unsure why it is different in this case. 

responsibility lies with all of us. 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Depends what your normal life was before this virus start. 

Its going to be like a new normal in my opinion but not life will be like it was before. I would guess it will take years to get back to normal life. In terms of Holidays overseas and travelling on plans being just an example. 

I have never said Vaccine would be ready. I posted in April that Professor Sarah Gilbert from Oxford University said a vaccine could be ready by September.

Professor John Bell from Oxford University said last week that Test results from the trials that Oxford University could be ready by Mid June. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8318931/Results-human-Covid-19-vaccine-trial-available-June-expert-says.html?ito=amp_twitter_share-top

Links provided again 

well no cos some areas of the country has lower 'R' rates then others. For example, You live in Leeds and I live in Clayton Le Moors. Where I live its very quiet and roads are mostly quiet. I would imagine Leeds is very different. That's what I saying. We are coming out this lockdown slowly and not rushing things. Every company is different and will put in place different measures. My company I work for had already put in place different measures before I was Furlough. Other companies have done similar things whether it banks, cafes or restaurants or warehouses. Normal shops like clothes or phones for example will have to change their ways. How? I don't know myself but they will be getting guidelines from the governments. 

But no I haven't. Government is responsibility but so the people of the country. Government has put the rules and guidelines in place but it down to us to follow them.We live in Democracy society. 

Government have produce a 60 page document plus other guidelines for different businesses as each company is different. 

You are allow to do more exercise but not travelling miles for no reason. 

clear to me and plenty of people.

Doesn't mean having house parties and start socialising with friends or family members. 

posted 6 things. same as the NHS twitter page did yesterday. 

Yet again I said on Friday that Reception and Year 1 shouldn't go back. Clearly you miss this comment. 

responsibility lies with all of us. 

Nothing to do, Chaddy...🙄

19 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Yep a senior moment on my part. My apologies. 

Yeah, agree his comments were nonsense and that the job is too big for him. That said he should of be held more accountable for his comments. 

Fair enough. 

His comments was bollocks. I listened to Tony Blair's interview during this coronavirus about bringing in different people in different roles and splitting in the departments during crisis like this. His department is huge during a crisis like this. 

Did any journalists questions him about his answer on this? I cant remember of top of my head. 

The Government put the NHS 1st cos they wanted to make sure that we have the bed capacity and Critical care beds. Not get over run like Italy did. 

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Nothing to do, Chaddy...🙄

plenty thanks Sparks. Thanks for asking 😎

15 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Could a lowly aspirin be a real theraputic for this?   Apparently there are a number of deaths that have been put down to stroke, or embolism (clots) and these are likely to be Covid.  Anti coagulation drugs could be useful here...

Might add to the numbers though.....

11 hours ago, philipl said:

From the very start, aspirin has been declared an absolute no no because it also has properties that worsen covid symptoms.

Paracetamol should always be used in preference.

Sparks is right. Aspirin as a blood thinner helps prevent coagulation. There is evidence out there that younger people (30-45) have been having strokes caused by COVID-19. Taking an aspirin may aid in preventing one. 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, scotchrover said:

1) Before we return, we need one of the following: 

-Vaccinations  

They could be vaccine ready by September. But what happens if we don't? keep kids at home. 

Tracking, tracing and testing is the probably the best thing going forward. Is this going to be place by 1st June? How the trial going in Isle of Wight? 

Do we know what was said by Sir Patrick Vallance and Prof Chris Whitty in the meeting with the trade unions?

What do you make of this article by former Education ministers from Labour and Conservatives parties?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8327149/Politicians-warn-union-opposition-opening-schools-risks-destroying-decade-progress.html

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, speeeeeeedie said:

Sparks is right. Aspirin as a blood thinner helps prevent coagulation. There is evidence out there that younger people (30-45) have been having strokes caused by COVID-19. Taking an aspirin may aid in preventing one. 

Certainly see your GP first but this will help.  

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

They could be vaccine ready by September. But what happens if we don't? keep kids at home. 

They are lying. 

9 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

They are lying. 

who are? evidence? are you an expert in the field?

10 hours ago, scotchrover said:

I’m pretty sure the UK Government’s murdering of God knows how many old and frail people, was not the right way forward though...

The same situation is unfolding in every country that did not lock down early.

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

who are? evidence? are you an expert in the field?

Yes, I've worked for Pharma companies for the last 20 years and know all about patents and new drugs.

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Tracking, tracing and testing is the probably the best thing going forward. Is this going to be place by 1st June? How the trial going in Isle of Wight? 

Do we know what was said by Sir Patrick Vallance and Prof Chris Whitty in the meeting with the trade unions?

What do you make of this article by former Education ministers from Labour and Conservatives parties?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8327149/Politicians-warn-union-opposition-opening-schools-risks-destroying-decade-progress.html

I agree about tracking, tracing and testing being the best way. I think there needs to be massive investment into the tracking, tracing and testing mechanisms. Suspend HS2 and use the billions from that, to lead the way in showing how best to deal with this, without a vaccine. Flood villages, towns and cities with testing checkpoints, which allow us to see who has it immediately. That’s how we’ll get back to normality, not just in education, but as country. The vaccine is a long shot, expecting it to be ready by September. 

I disagree with every single ex-education sec. mentioned in that article. Why? Because none of them have actually ever taught. I bet none of them would sit in a UK classroom for a week, without PPE, whilst a half-arsed approach to social distancing happens. 

With regards to the talks, I think progress has been made, but not enough for an opening in June.

I wouldn’t read too much into what Adonis says- he’s been critical of the home learning schemes used by schools, all whilst having a financial interest of an online education programme that‘s not currently being favoured by teachers. 

Edited by scotchrover

The thing that has not been said often enough is that we are sending  back kids who may not be 5 till August. In other European countries children dont start s hol till they are 6 or even 7. At that age they have different behaviour patterns from 4 year olds. They can take care of themselves far better. If we were sending back year 2 or 3 it would make ore sense

Posted (edited)

No Johnson again at the daily briefing. He can write articles for the Tory readership of the Daily Fail but he can't face the nation.

Maybe he is playing tennis with the Charles Hawtrey doppleganger Rees-Mogg. 😁😁😁

Where is his leadership?????????

Edited by arbitro

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Doug said:

It's about time that we post ideas (however radical) on how the country gets back to some sort of normality, or the long term legacy of this crisis will be mass unemployment, eye watering national debt, mental health issues etc.

The one key stat that doesn't appear to be regularly discussed is the way the virus affects different age groups (symptoms, deaths etc,).

The under 50's appear to be affected very little whereas the older age groups seem to be more susceptible.

Personally, I think we need to look at ways of getting the younger age groups (under 50) returning to normal life (including schools, shops, pubs, restaurants etc,) very soon which accounts for approx. 42 million people. 

That would leave the remaining 24 million people, of which 12 million are of retirement age, in the current lockdown situation.

Unfortunately, I feel the over 65's (retired, care homes etc.) would have to remain in lockdown until a vaccine is developed.

Therefore we have 12 million over 50's and not due for retirement, and these people are the ones to consider 'what to do with' (for want of a better phrase).

I'd possibly either leave this age group in furlough and lockdown until a vaccine is created, or look to move them into safer working environments where possible.

Please take this post as it is intended, just a very brief one to discuss the possible return to normality at some point - I've avoided, politics, negatives or hindsight's.

There will obviously be many reasons, unique to individuals, that will make things difficult / impossible, but we have to 'get things moving' again.

It's a logical solution in my book but It won't happen because the Tories will be extremely loathe to penalise the over 65's. They know that's where a lot of their votes come from.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces