Priti Vacant is still pushing that immigration bill, despite it having the effect of making it harder for the NHS to get staff at a time of crisis. Is it all part of a plan to overwhelm and break the NHS in time to sell it off when we fall off the Brexit cliff? 

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Tested posted has been include from day 1 kits could be posted. Doing a home test kit at home isnt easy as it sounds but allowing people who cant get to test centre for different reasons like childcare, transport or work reasons for examples is a good thing. Even having a test done in drive through isnt easy either as my mum told me 1st hand experience of the test kit. The 1st person couldnt get it done right so a more experienced person was called for. He managed to get it done. 

Clearly it's a good thing to post out testing kits. What's not is counting them as tests done as soon as they go in the post. They should be counted as the tests are analysed. There will clearly be many who do not return a posted test for all sorts of reasons - they mess them up, they end up in hospital before the test arrives, they are hypochondriacs whose "symptoms" have gone before the get the test, they get a test without a forwarding address (which happened) etc etc.

41 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

.Morgan is horrible and nasty man who is only interested in himself in my opinion. 

"Piers Morgan is PR man who is only interested in his own self interested"

Sounds uncannily like Boris Johnson to me

Personally couldn't care less if they always intended to count postal kits. Just cos they've stayed consistent with their counting methodology doesnt suddenly make it a good outcome. Always said it's about the intent of the target. If they hit 100k people tested per day by 3rd May that's a good outcome despite missing the deadline. If they hit 50k completed and 50k in the post that may or may not be done  that's a bad outcome? Maybe we should start counting the tests they made which turned out faulty and they had to put in the bin? 

Do you count the number of attendees at a party by number of people who turned up or the number of invites sent out?

39 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Surely the important figure is the number of people tested.  The number of tests can include tests that haven't been done or have been done incorrectly.  If the way they present these figures at the daily briefing is not strictly a lie it is certainly misleading.  

I fully agree with you that testing has been a complete failure and the pledge to have test, track and trace working by mid-May seems to be another failed target.

I must admit that I've never been a fan of Piers Morgan in the past but at the moment I think he is doing a decent job of holding the government to account - something which this particular government seems keen to avoid at all costs.

Always the voice of reason, Parsonblue.

If middle England can see that the government has made a serious mess of the pandemic, then it is in serious trouble

21 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Clearly it's a good thing to post out testing kits. What's not is counting them as tests done as soon as they go in the post. They should be counted as the tests are analysed. There will clearly be many who do not return a posted test for all sorts of reasons - they mess them up, they end up in hospital before the test arrives, they are hypochondriacs whose "symptoms" have gone before the get the test, they get a test without a forwarding address (which happened) etc etc.

I dont understand anyone getting a test and using it. 

Yes the test arent easy to do. They are clear instructions to follow to do the test. 

51 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Piers Morgan is PR man who is only interested in his own self interested. Surely you can see this @den

The man shouldn't be on TV after the things he has done. This is why there is a petition to remove from GMB. The man actions over the last 25 years  Here are 6 things from the petition they claimed(number 7 is mine):- 

1) In 1995, he broke the editor’s code of conduct by publishing photographs of Catherine Lockwood leaving a private addiction clinic. 

2) In 1996, as editor of the Daily Mirror, he had to apologise on national television for a xenophobic headline in relation to the European Championship. 

3) He again broke the editor’s code of conduct in 2000 after buying £67,000 worth of shares in a company,

4) Morgan’s publication of false photographs in 2004 led to his eventual sacking, with these photographs showing Iraqi soldiers being tortured by British Army soldiers; the Mirror was forced to apologise for the “calculated and malicious hoax”, 

5) That isn’t to mention the fact that, during Morgan’s tenure, the Trinity Mirror Publishing Group was found to have hacked mobile phones in a shocking breach of privacy, in order to obtain news stories. Despite Morgan denying any involvement, his admission to hearing a private voicemail between Paul McCartney and Heather Mills during the 2011/2012 Leveson Inquiry immediately debunked that as false, revealing he was entirely aware of the wrongdoings happening under his nose.

6) In keeping Piers Morgan as the programme’s main draw, however, ITV are actively choosing to promote an insidious agenda against transgender people (and minorities in general), as through his choice of language he regularly berates and mocks those who do not identify in a way he is willing to comprehend.

7) His actions, media comments, twitter posts towards England cricket Captain Alastair Cook from 2014 till he retired. Upsetting Cook's wife with these posts. 

https://www.change.org/p/itv-remove-piers-morgan-from-good-morning-britain-6d7c9836-ce2f-4b10-8a40-9179e7974bdb

Morgan is horrible and nasty man who is only interested in himself in my opinion. 

That is true Chaddy and I can't stand Piers either, but similar lists can be pulled up about Boris who lied about a proposed ban on prawn cocktail crisps from the EU in an article he wrote, then using this lie in an anti-EU speech at a party conference years later, and made several racist and homophobic comments. Or Priti Vacant, a woman who can't count, has suspicious meetings with Israeli officials, wants to carry on the hostile environment towards immigration despite being Asian and has about as much empathy as Harold Shipman. 

Morgan is a slut for power. If you have a dominant personality, pretend to be a man of action, of revolution he will fawn over you, be a right sycophant. Look at that interview he did with Trump, he would have been the same with Mussolini or Hitler before 1938 as they were right wing revolutionary figures. The fact he is so hard on a right wing government shows how bad Johnson and the rest of the ERG party are at running the country. He can't help himself when presented with an open goal.

11 minutes ago, 47er said:

Plan to study nicotine patches as potential coronavirus treatment

Doctors in Wales could stage trial after suggestion smokers may be less at risk of Covid-19

Guardian article----someone on here recently was right!

I think I mentioned it but thought it was a statistical link rather than medical i.e. their lungs a knackered anyway so probably wouldnt notice a mild dose of it. 

11 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Personally couldn't care less if they always intended to count postal kits. Just cos they've stayed consistent with their counting methodology doesnt suddenly make it a good outcome. Always said it's about the intent of the target. If they hit 100k people tested per day by 3rd May that's a good outcome despite missing the deadline. If they hit 50k completed and 50k in the post that may or may not be done  that's a bad outcome? Maybe we should start counting the tests they made which turned out faulty and they had to put in the bin? 

Do you count the number of attendees at a party by number of people who turned up or the number of invites sent out?

Depends who's paying for the buffet :P

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

That is true Chaddy and I can't stand Piers either

Exactly. Hope you sign the petition. I have.

Morgan is vile and arrogant person. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I dont understand anyone getting a test and using it. 

Yes the test arent easy to do. They are clear instructions to follow to do the test. 

I presume in your first sentence you meant to say NOT use it?

If the tests aren't easy to do, even for those doing them all the time, then there must be loads which have been spoilt doing them at home so not done at all.

It's straightforward - they should just count the tests as they are analysed in the lab. That's when we know there has been an outcome, positive or negative. Before that it's just a bit of spit/snot on a stick.

One thing that Morgan, Johnson and Patel have in common? They have all been sacked at least once.

15 minutes ago, Gav said:

Depends who's paying for the buffet :P

Good point well made. I did have a different analogy involving a cocktail stick and the end of my penis but went for the family friendly party attendees instead 

12 minutes ago, only2garners said:

If the tests aren't easy to do, even for those doing them all the time, then there must be loads which have been spoilt doing them at home so not done at all.

It's straightforward - they should just count the tests as they are analysed in the lab. That's when we know there has been an outcome, positive or negative. Before that it's just a bit of spit/snot on a stick.

Exactly. Also how many are lost in the post. They're currently counting a test that fell on the floor, trampled on and put in a bin as a completed tested. Totally useless metric. 

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I will when it can be proven that anything from change.org has any effect. We disagree on a lot, but one thing that unites many is the belief that Piers Morgan is a nob. If you can find it, Ian Hislop nominated Piers for Room 101, and describes the kind of harassment he got after that famous moment on Have I got news for you.

Sturgeon just loves going against the London government doesn't she? The App won't be used if its successful as scotland are doing their own thing.......😓

I get the impression she's literally winging it....

23 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Yes I did. Sorry for that. 

I have heard what the test involved and hard it is do 

Hi everyone, not been on here this morning and catching up now- just a reminder, as I’ve seen a few violating this- can we not copy and paste articles that then make really long posts please?

Can we post the links they came from with a brief summary please?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, RoverDom said:

Or a bit like Rovers including non attending season ticket holders in the official attendance figures.

17 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Hi everyone, not been on here this morning and catching up now- just a reminder, as I’ve seen a few violating this- can we not copy and paste articles that then make really long posts please?

Can we post the links they came from with a brief summary please?

Thanks.

Sorry for mine KHod. As I said, there was a glitch and I couldn't post the address for the article. Since we had a big discussion a few days ago about how you couldn't compare countries I honestly thought it was right to break the rules this time and copy part of the article.

55 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its funny when you think of all the personal attacks Labour leaders have traditionally to put up with! No petitions then----just "freedom of the press" (or media!)

I cant stand Piers Morgan either,but when everyone else seems to be pussyfooting around the awkward questions and allowing ministers to lie so blatantly to the public, it's nice to see someone, even if it is for self- agrandissement, daring to challenge them. 

Also really cant stand piers morgan but equally dont think it's right to start censoring journalists. He's making valid points just in a way most of us cant stand. 

Dont agree with what you say but defend your right to say it and all that jazz. 

If you dont like him, switch him off. 

18 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Also really cant stand piers morgan but equally dont think it's right to start censoring journalists. He's making valid points just in a way most of us cant stand. 

Dont agree with what you say but defend your right to say it and all that jazz. 

If you dont like him, switch him off. 

After Piers Morgan's record as a journalist and editor he shouldn't be on TV. 

He has been switch off in our house.