3 hours ago, Mike E said:

Criticism of Morgan's past NOW looks a bit suspicious from certain posters who quoted him regularly in the Brexit and General Election threads, despite his previous record being identical.

I wonder why it didn't matter then?

Nope, mind's gone blank.

2 hours ago, den said:

Maybe those posters should just listen to what he’s saying with an open mind, rather than disregard what he’s saying because they know he’s criticising the government?

Bollocks to both of that. Again, you are only issuing an open mind request because his current stance agrees with you.

The man is a hack. His past defines his future. It is no different to not listening to the Mail because of their past of lying.

There are plenty of other great journalists doing a much better job at uncovering the truth than some ratings whore shouting over junior ministers on GMB. A face full of make up and spreading faux rage even though during the time when other journalists were not going to mass events Piers and the likes were at Arsenal games and so on. He didn't care then, doesn't care now and only cares for his popularity. 

Again, I hope this is all remembered the next time a journalist or media producer goes after a politician from another party. We shouldn't expect to read "that's a rag" or any attempt to discredit a journalist going after a politician based on their past. If Piers Morgan is now considered a decent journalist then I totally give up with the UK society.

Edited by Dreams of 1995

Why are we surprised that a government of political lightweights, yes men and bag carriers are struggling to get to grips with a crisis ? It's like expecting Keano and Co to keep us in the Premier League.

The whole piers morgan issue can be quite nicely summed up by a quote from ian hislop of all people "dont ban it, dont buy it" 

Slippery slope when you start censoring journalists. If you dont like his interview style as many dont, switch him off. If it turns out everyone switches off he'll lose his job. However he is catering to quite a large audience of people who like his format for some utterly bizarre reason. 

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Why are we surprised that a government of political lightweights, yes men and bag carriers are struggling to get to grips with a crisis ? It's like expecting Keano and Co to keep us in the Premier League.

My mate summed it up nicely when he said "if this was any other cabinet in our lifetime, there would be resignations and infighting galore, the fact that there isnt now regardless of whether they're doing a good job, shows how weak this current cabinet are" 

Just now, RoverDom said:

The whole piers morgan issue can be quite nicely summed up by a quote from ian hislop of all people "dont ban it, dont buy it" 

Slippery slope when you start censoring journalists. If you dont like his interview style as many dont, switch him off. If it turns out everyone switches off he'll lose his job. However he is catering to quite a large audience of people who like his format for some utterly bizarre reason. 

For now.

Had he been after Corbyn in the same way the same posters forgetting his past would be citing his past in exactly the same way Chaddy is doing.

They've done it before when articles from certain publications are posted on here. Bias is playing a huge part in why, on a board which seems to value journalist integrity and credible sourcing, Piers Morgan is currently being defended as a decent bloke.

A stopped clock is right twice a day.

Piers may be right in what he is saying but so is Chaddy. This talk of how it is 'suspicious' now is nonsense. What is suspicious is how people who I know would have had the same thoughts as Chaddy are suddenly trying to dismiss it because he's in their corner currently. 

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I see where you're coming from. There's been endless people coming on the TV during the Crisis from the " (Insert random word) Institute of (Insert random word) study of health analytics" or similar promoting myself and my wife to go "Who the hell is that, made up role!" 

People on the media certainly seem to be impressed by that sort of title however if said person is expressing the same view as them!

Well I was thinking that it was the Behavioural Scientists who advised the Government to adopt the "herd Immunity" policy, now discredited and disavowed.

4 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I'll lump both responses to this in one:

I mean, there's plenty of other journalists who are credible and holding the government to account. James O'Brien is one. He's brilliant and rather than shouting down over whoever he is interviewing, or speaking to via LBC, you actually get an understanding of a different point of view. You don't need to shout over the opposition in order to "hold someone to account". Piers does more ranting than he does accounting because the message is lost in his obsession to put himself across; rather, I'd argue, television bosses have told him it is a seller so he now does what he can for ratings. Piers has never been interested in anything other than ratings.

The man could discover a cure for cancer for me but at the end of the day he's allegedly hacked dead girls' phones, prayed on the lives of people for plenty of years, including a nations beloved Gazza. He's a hawk of the highest order and any criticism of the government will not change my view on that.

On Twitter it is common place to see journalists questioning government policy. It is also common now in most newspapers- even the most staunchly conservative ones.

As a direct response to 47er:

Quit trying to make out like I'm trying to devalue what Morgan has to say. Also, it's only ever really you that tries to denounce an opinion by lumping it in with Chaddy? So what if me and Chaddy agree that Morgan is a hawk. So did you before he started calling Tories out no doubt. I have no doubt that if he was shouting the shit at Labour MPs you'd all be quoting exactly the same as what Chaddy is doing also.

As a final note Piers Morgan hasn't been brought up on these boards before. So all of this "NOW!" shit is exactly that...shit. You had no idea about my opinion towards the man because I'd never expressed it to you before, so you trying to make out like I'm only now expressing concern about his past is faux-rage in an attempt to divert the attention from how much of a rate-whore the man is.

Like I have said, I will listen to credible journalists who are doing a better job at holding the government to account over a sleazebag money grabbing immoral slag like Piers Morgan. That's not me saying he's wrong in what he is saying now but the current love-in for him in this country right now makes me sick. However, here's to hoping that when he eventually goes after a Labour MP - which he will - you will continue with your same opinion that what he is doing, and how he does it, is right. Something tells me you won't though.

Agreed---he hasn't been brought up on these boards before---so why a petition to get him banned from the airwaves? Why is he suddenly vile and unfit to broadcast?

Because he's embarrassing the Conservative Party.

As for criticism of the Labour party in the media----we are used to it, its the Tories who can't cope with a bit of their own medicine.

8 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

If Piers Morgan is now considered a decent journalist then I totally give up with the UK society.

He's not. He's just got something right for once.

2 minutes ago, 47er said:

Well I was thinking that it was the Behavioural Scientists who advised the Government to adopt the "herd Immunity" policy, now discredited and disavowed.

Agreed---he hasn't been brought up on these boards before---so why a petition to get him banned from the airwaves? Why is he suddenly vile and unfit to broadcast?

Because he's embarrassing the Conservative Party.

As for criticism of the Labour party in the media----we are used to it, its the Tories who can't cope with a bit of their own medicine.

People want him off the airwaves because of his interviewing style, not who he is interviewing.

He could be interviewing Tommy Robinson and I wouldn't approve of it. He doesn't give anyone chance to speak. If that is how you want politicians to be interviewed then move to America man. I actually want to hear what they have to say.

If you want proof to why he is vile and unfit to broadcast take a look at that video I posted. That is him purposely obstructing the law in the case of phone hacking. He 'exposed' peoples private lives to make money; he supposedly went after a family who just lost their child.

If him going after the Tory party is the thing that may eventually get him banned from the airwaves then hurray. One less hawkish, vile, self-serving cretin on our television.

13 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

For now.

Had he been after Corbyn in the same way the same posters forgetting his past would be citing his past in exactly the same way Chaddy is doing.

They've done it before when articles from certain publications are posted on here. Bias is playing a huge part in why, on a board which seems to value journalist integrity and credible sourcing, Piers Morgan is currently being defended as a decent bloke.

Piers may be right in what he is saying but so is Chaddy. This talk of how it is 'suspicious' now is nonsense. What is suspicious is how people who I know would have had the same thoughts as Chaddy are suddenly trying to dismiss it because he's in their corner currently. 

Spot on :tu:

Winning the argument is all that matters, it doesn't matter how you get there, what you ignore, who you quote, win at all costs, or at least think you've won, bonkers :wacko:

Edited by Gav

So why is Johnson fit to hold office or given any credence if half the tales we hear of his time as a journalist are true

9 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

If him going after the Tory party is the thing that may eventually get him banned from the airwaves then hurray. One less hawkish, vile, self-serving cretin on our television.

I'd rather he got taken off the airways and sacked for his previous offences that you mentioned. I'd rather we didnt start banning journalists for being a bit rude to a politician. If he was running a smear campaign or using underhand tactics then fine take him off but he's not actually doing anything wrong other than creating frustrating telly to watch.

On covid, as far as I'm aware, hes been completely above board and as long as he caters to a particular audience theres no reason to take him off. At the same time theres nothing making you watch GMB if you want to hear an answer switch over to BBC breakfast, they get all the same guests. 

13 minutes ago, gumboots said:

So why is Johnson fit to hold office or given any credence if half the tales we hear of his time as a journalist are true

Tumbleweed .... ....... ..... .... .......

53 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Gordon Brown sounding like what a Prime Minster should sound like on " The World At One ".

Frankly he has every time he's been on since this whole thing began - the difference between him and pretty much anyone in the Government is breathtaking.

59 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I'll lump both responses to this in one:

I mean, there's plenty of other journalists who are credible and holding the government to account. James O'Brien is one. He's brilliant and rather than shouting down over whoever he is interviewing, or speaking to via LBC, you actually get an understanding of a different point of view. You don't need to shout over the opposition in order to "hold someone to account". Piers does more ranting than he does accounting because the message is lost in his obsession to put himself across; rather, I'd argue, television bosses have told him it is a seller so he now does what he can for ratings. Piers has never been interested in anything other than ratings.

The man could discover a cure for cancer for me but at the end of the day he's allegedly hacked dead girls' phones, prayed on the lives of people for plenty of years, including a nations beloved Gazza. He's a hawk of the highest order and any criticism of the government will not change my view on that.

On Twitter it is common place to see journalists questioning government policy. It is also common now in most newspapers- even the most staunchly conservative ones.

As a direct response to 47er:

Quit trying to make out like I'm trying to devalue what Morgan has to say. Also, it's only ever really you that tries to denounce an opinion by lumping it in with Chaddy? So what if me and Chaddy agree that Morgan is a hawk. So did you before he started calling Tories out no doubt. I have no doubt that if he was shouting the shit at Labour MPs you'd all be quoting exactly the same as what Chaddy is doing also.

As a final note Piers Morgan hasn't been brought up on these boards before. So all of this "NOW!" shit is exactly that...shit. You had no idea about my opinion towards the man because I'd never expressed it to you before, so you trying to make out like I'm only now expressing concern about his past is faux-rage in an attempt to divert the attention from how much of a rate-whore the man is.

Like I have said, I will listen to credible journalists who are doing a better job at holding the government to account over a sleazebag money grabbing immoral slag like Piers Morgan. That's not me saying he's wrong in what he is saying now but the current love-in for him in this country right now makes me sick. However, here's to hoping that when he eventually goes after a Labour MP - which he will - you will continue with your same opinion that what he is doing, and how he does it, is right. Something tells me you won't though.

Never said I liked his style or agreed with many things he’s done in the past, but on this particular issue, I think he’s right.

I’m not endorsing him, or saying his journalistic style plus good or fair, but he is definitely right, as much as it pains me to say it.

As are other journalists, that you’ve highlighted.

33 minutes ago, Gav said:

Spot on :tu:

Winning the argument is all that matters, it doesn't matter how you get there, what you ignore, who you quote, win at all costs, or at least think you've won, bonkers :wacko:

That could apply to pretty much every poster on here in reality. Does it really matter though?

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

The man could discover a cure for cancer for me but at the end of the day he's allegedly hacked dead girls' phones, 

Whether you like Piers Morgan or not (I don't but he is one of the few journalists holding the government to account), the above statement is completely incorrect. It was the NOTW that hacked a dead girls phone and Morgan had not worked there for many years when it happened. 

4 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Whether you like Piers Morgan or not (I don't but he is one of the few journalists holding the government to account), the above statement is completely incorrect. It was the NOTW that hacked a dead girls phone and Morgan had not worked there for many years when it happened. 

Sorry I’ll retract and reword:

Piers Morgan was a chief architect of a journalist culture which eventually led to the hacking a dead girls phone. 

If Piers Morgan is now considered a decent journalist then I totally give up with the UK society.

Give up dreams. 

Some people reactions would be completely different if he was attacking the Labour party. 

59 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

People want him off the airwaves because of his interviewing style, not who he is interviewing.

Look at his interview of the Tory Mayor this morning and people reaction to it. Some people had an enough. And before ask no I didnt watch but read it on Google via Daily Mirror after in was in my news feed. 

Look at how Sky News reporter Mark Austin interviewed the UK Chinese Ambassador last week who asked him tough hard questions but allow the Chinese Ambassador to answer tho. Proper interview suggest take a look. 

Piers Morgan is currently being defended as a decent bloke.

I cant believe how people can defend Piers Morgan after what he has done in the last 25 years. After what he has done he shouldn't be allow on TV full stop even before this. 

Decent bloke after the things he done like publication pictures our Soliders torturing Iraqi soliders which was 'calculated and malicious hoax ' and the Daily Mirror was force to apologise. Or being part of the trinity Mirror publication group of hacking people phones. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I cant believe how people can defend Piers Morgan after what he has done in the last 25 years. After what he has done he shouldn't be allow on TV full stop even before this. 

Decent bloke after the things he done like publication pictures our Soliders torturing Iraqi soliders which was 'calculated and malicious hoax ' and the Daily Mirror was force to apologise. Or being part of the trinity Mirror publication group of hacking people phones. 

Strange that you don't hold the Prime Minister (who has been sacked from 2 jobs for lying) to the same account as you do an ITV breakfast presenter. 

It's not your opinion of Morgan most people are arguing against. We dont like him either; I dont know anyone who does. It's the double standards you apply to far too many things

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Give up dreams. 

Some people reactions would be completely different if he was attacking the Labour party. 

Look at his interview of the Tory Mayor this morning and people reaction to it. Some people had an enough. And before ask no I didnt watch but read it on Google via Daily Mirror after in was in my news feed. 

Look at how Sky News reporter Mark Austin interviewed the UK Chinese Ambassador last week who asked him tough hard questions but allow the Chinese Ambassador to answer tho. Proper interview suggest take a look. 

Nobody is defending him Chaddy. 
Nobody is saying the things he’s done wrong in the past were right. It’s not complicated.

What was that saying that our Gav used to throw out with regularity? ‘Play the ball, not the man’....
They are saying he is right in being one of the only journalists holding the government to account. It’s more a show of how poor the media is en masse that he is one of the only few holding the government to account.
People keep muddying the waters and it’s frustrating.

5 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Strange that you don't hold the Prime Minister (who has been sacked from 2 jobs for lying) to the same account as you do an ITV breakfast presenter. 

But the British people voted to give him a 80 seat majority in parliament and delivered Labour its worst defeat since 1935. 

But was Johnson part or leading newspapers who hack people phones, use photos of British Soliders torturing Iraqi soliders which was hoax, harass and disgusting comments about England Cricket Captain Alastair Cook for nearly 4 years? 

How was he even allow on TV again after this? 

Watch Kay Burley or Andrew Marr or Mark Austin interview people. Tough questions but allow people to answer the questions. 

Anyway I will leave it there now. 

18 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Nobody is defending him Chaddy. 
Nobody is saying the things he’s done wrong in the past were right. It’s not complicated.

What was that saying that our Gav used to throw out with regularity? ‘Play the ball, not the man’....
They are saying he is right in being one of the only journalists holding the government to account. It’s more a show of how poor the media is en masse that he is one of the only few holding the government to account.
People keep muddying the waters and it’s frustrating.

The number of times chaddy is name checked over the past few weeks tells anyone reading this thread that some are playing the man not the ball.

You can't keep across all threads K-Hod, but its getting out of hand to be honest.

I know i know.....chaddy can stick up for himself.......he actually has most  of them wound up like cuckoo clocks for just having a different viewpoint, thats all I'll say on the matter.

Care Homes and testing WTF is going on........shambles.

Edited by Gav

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Or being a judge on Britain’s got talent, which you happily admitted to watching.

or his time on GMB before coronavirus, which you also admitted to watching.

or his celebrity interview shows, which you probably won’t admit to ever watching now (but I think we both know the truth).