2 hours ago, arbitro said:

Shapps has been thrown to the wolves today and looks like a lost little kid. He is so uncomfortable which is usually a sign of somebody not being too truthful.

Where is Johnson again. After the last 24 hours he should be the one facing the country.

Embarrassing I thought, yet unfair for him to be thrown under a bus too by Johnson.

I'm not even slightly political but the way he wheels out his cronies to face the questions is a joke. Only ones I think take much credibility are Whitty and Sharma.

59 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

I bet somewhere in a wheat field Teresa May is watching all this thinking "It's not so great now is it Boris?" The last 4 prime ministers we've had have all been increasingly useless. Brown built the economy on sand as Chancellor and then had the misfortune of not being a people person. Cameron played a leading role in creating the hellhole that is modern Libya, with the jihadists and people traffickers, and had the EU referendum. May was just........awful and now we have Johnson, a workshy egotist who is as rarely seen as Bigfoot.

I’m no Tory but Cameron was the most competent out of those mentioned there. 

Early days yet but Starmer looks the real deal. 

Edited by scotchrover

2 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Embarrassing I thought, yet unfair for him to be thrown under a bus too by Johnson.

I'm not even slightly political but the way he wheels out his cronies to face the questions is a joke. Only ones I think take much credibility are Whitty and Sharma.

Johnson has had sacrificial lambs throughout his career who he has thrown to the wolves. 

2 minutes ago, Silas said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/dominic-cummings-ignored-coronavirus-lockdown-22075857.amp

He did it twice. 2 weeks apart.

I don't think he survives this.

You can't try and explain away as "reasonable and legal" again. 

Beat me to it Silas. Was just going to post it.

if true, he’s finished. The reputation of a lot of the cabinet damaged as well.

Their rules have stopped families of 55,000 victims from grieving together, but it's ok for Cummings to flout them at his own convenience.

Twats.

7 minutes ago, den said:

They didn't have much of one to begin with.

The video of him crawling out his house today barking at journalists to social distance was incredible.

He simply has to go 🤣

I bet the cabinet are in revolt. They’ve tried defending him once when it was impossible, but twice? He has to go.

What does Chaddy think? 

27 minutes ago, Silas said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/dominic-cummings-ignored-coronavirus-lockdown-22075857.amp

He will survive, he’s the PM’s bosom buddy.

19 minutes ago, den said:

Beat me to it Silas. Was just going to post it.

Will be quite amusing to watch this play out. 

All those that were so keen to issue a defence on his behalf when they had a neatly packaged excuse.

Now all the journos should be straight back to the same people: So, what is your comment this time?

Errrrrrrr, no comment.  

Gove: It's not a crime to care for your parents. 😁

28 minutes ago, Silas said:

Nicely done my the mirror. Release half the story, let them cobble together some half baked lie which barely stands up and then hit them with the second half. 

Cummings wont jump he'll need to be pushed. Cabinet have backed him and given the benefit of the doubt and then this comes out, they must feel betrayed. 

Can see him surviving though. 

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

He will survive, he’s the PM’s bosom buddy.

Just can't see how.

The heat will be immense off this. Like sticking your face in the sun.

Even the untouchables need to take one for the team from time to time when the crap really hits the fan.

The precedent has been set, what 2 or 3 times?, with people losing their jobs. 

Houdini couldn't get out this one. 

I agree with you @Dreams of 1995 that Cummings was right to travel to family home next to his parents home to make sure that they have proper child care in place. If you get the coronavirus and if you get the fever part, etc then you cannot look after a 4 year old child. Imagine if the 4 year old had no proper care in place having an accident. why take a risk? Not something I would do with a 4 year old. Maybe his sister or Parents should have drove down to the London to pick up the child and drive back to Durham might have been a better way. 

Should they have made it public at the time? possible so but Cummings and his family are entitled to private life also. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I agree with you @Dreams of 1995 that Cummings was right to travel to family home next to his parents home to make sure that they have proper child care in place. If you get the coronavirus and if you get the fever part, etc then you cannot look after a 4 year old child. Imagine if the 4 year old had no proper care in place having an accident. why take a risk? Not something I would do with a 4 year old. Maybe his sister or Parents should have drove down to the London to pick up the child and drive back to Durham might have been a better way. 

Should they have made it public at the time? possible so but Cummings and his family are entitled to private life also. 

That covers the 1st instance.

What if these reports of a 2nd occasion are proved true? 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

They have friends and family in london, some of who live just a couple of streets away. Why is his durham home more suitable. 

Also a retweet appeared on my timeline, sums it up nicely. 

SmartSelect_20200523-204224_Twitter.jpg

13 minutes ago, Silas said:

That covers the 1st instance.

What if these reports of a 2nd occasion are proved true? 

well lets see and if they are 1st. 

12th April would have just after the 14 days of quarantine period where you were allow 1 hour of exercise per day. 

12 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

They have friends and family in london, some of who live just a couple of streets away.

Yet again we don't know their personal circumstances of those family and friends did we? so How can we possible comment? 

I rather my parents look after my step daughter if I and my missus was too ill than anybody else. 

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Defense of the indefensible. What a surprise. Clearly counter to regulations and you do yourself no credit by trying to defend it. 

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

well lets see and if they are 1st. 

12th April would have just after the 14 days of quarantine period where you were allow 1 hour of exercise per day. 

The claim is the 19th April, after he had been back in London working on the 14th.

So travelling up and down the Country.

Irrelavant to the 1st instance if true. 

36 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That’s the reason for the uproar though, and the fact that his parents are elderly. If once was bad  enough, surely twice is the final straw? Add to the fact he’s lied about the police, he has to go.

Edited by scotchrover

49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

This is a party political broadcast on behalf of the Conservative party

If the Mirror have sat on that second breach and knocked the c**t out with a one-two punch then well played. To have Hancock/Sunak/Raab etc all pledge their allegiance to a fucking advisor under the guise of “top family man stuff” and then the Mirror chucks in this football in the groin. This is a gift.