27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

12th April would have just after the 14 days of quarantine period where you were allow 1 hour of exercise per day. 

Read this link and you will see it says. 'One saw him in Durham on 19 April, days after Cummings was photographed in London having recovered from the virus.' Now he'd have had to have exercised at one hell of a rate to get from London to Durham in an hour.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/23/new-witnesses-cast-doubt-on-dominic-cummingss-lockdown-claims

18 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Defense of the indefensible. What a surprise. Clearly counter to regulations and you do yourself no credit by trying to defend it. 

Give it rest Blue Blood. Just accept that people have different opinion to yours. It's called democracy 

51 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I agree with you @Dreams of 1995 that Cummings was right to travel to family home next to his parents home to make sure that they have proper child care in place. If you get the coronavirus and if you get the fever part, etc then you cannot look after a 4 year old child. Imagine if the 4 year old had no proper care in place having an accident. why take a risk? Not something I would do with a 4 year old. Maybe his sister or Parents should have drove down to the London to pick up the child and drive back to Durham might have been a better way. 

Should they have made it public at the time? possible so but Cummings and his family are entitled to private life also.

You should be on Fighting Talk - you'd nail Defend the Indefensible.

And there we have it - the most expected and least surprising post of the day!

Question

Johnson says that if you develop Covid symptoms you should self-isolate and stay at home

Meanwhile his health secretary Matt Hancock says that if you develop symptoms it's "absolutely right" to pack your family in a car, drive hundreds of miles to a different region, and then dance in the garden of your elderly relatives.

So which is it? 

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Give it rest Blue Blood. Just accept that people have different opinion to yours. It's called democracy 

Actually it isn't. Democracy is a system of government by the whole population or all eligible members of state, typically through elected representatives. (Well Google puts it that way, more concisely than I would.) 

The right to have an opinion is called free speech. Now, as I have explained numerous times before, that means that whilst you can say whatever you like that: 

1) does not make it a valid opinion, or means it needs to be treated as unchallengeable (remember the moon is made of cheese example?)

2) does not make that opinion morally correct (remember the racism example?) 

Now for a poop ton of reasons I can't be bothered to explain (partly because they are obvious, partly due to the effort involved) your post falls way short on both grounds of validity and morality. Maybe when I'm not up to my eyes in essays I'll spell it out but let's not pretend free speech legitimises your opinion. 

Edited by Blue blood

Apparently his emergency dash to Durham coincided , quite by chance, with his mothers 71st birthday.   Who'd have thunk it....?

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

Apparently his emergency dash to Durham coincided , quite by chance, with his mothers 71st birthday.   Who'd have thunk it....?

" Some guys have all the luck ".

28 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

The poor guy, what are the chances of an emergency dash on her birthday, just days after he had been before. 

Actually the second one does surprise me a bit as it indicates he may be bothered about someone other than himself, which I find somewhat surprising. 

21 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

It's beyond parody.

I’d love to meet the guy . He’s got into politics now for some reason , wild enthusiasm . Defends the tories the way he does Rovers ,

or he’s just laughing at us 

2 hours ago, Silas said:

The claim is the 19th April, after he had been back in London working on the 14th.

So travelling up and down the Country.

Irrelavant to the 1st instance if true. 

There are two separate incidents in the Mirror/Observer report. One, on 12th April, he was walking by the Tees with his family in Barnard Castle, 26 miles from Durham. Not in any way an essential journey. Maybe or maybe not in his 14 day self-isolation depending when it started.
Then he was back in London on 14th April at work. Then he was seen again in Houghall Woods near Durham on 19th April. That second drive to Durham cannot in any way be construed as essential.

On 13/04/2020 at 19:02, den said:

tonight at 73 minutes past eleventeen twelvety.

Chaddy simple question would you and the right wing press defended Corbyn the same way if had done it?

Sorry Den didn't mean to quote you

1 minute ago, jodrell said:

Chaddy simple question would you and the right wing press defended Corbyn the same way if had done it?

You obviously haven’t read the handbook about wasting your time 

3 hours ago, Silas said:

Gove: It's not a crime to care for your parents. 😁

sick-inducing.

Looks like the government are just going to deny the second one ever happened. Quite a common strategy from this government but unfortunately one that is highly successful. 

Also Cummings comments about Brexit show what a tool he is and how egocentric he is as well, missing the entire point of the lockdown and pandemic. 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I agree with you @Dreams of 1995 that Cummings was right to travel to family home next to his parents home to make sure that they have proper child care in place. If you get the coronavirus and if you get the fever part, etc then you cannot look after a 4 year old child. Imagine if the 4 year old had no proper care in place having an accident. why take a risk? Not something I would do with a 4 year old. Maybe his sister or Parents should have drove down to the London to pick up the child and drive back to Durham might have been a better way. 

Should they have made it public at the time? possible so but Cummings and his family are entitled to private life also. 

Don’t you reckon it’s weird how all his London based mates stuck up for him after all this emerged, but they weren’t so quick to offer childcare to prevent him travelling 260 miles north?

14 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Where's Andrew Neil when you need him?

Probably sat with his head in his hands like the rest of the Tory voters :rock:

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Don’t you reckon it’s weird how all his London based mates stuck up for him after all this emerged, but they weren’t so quick to offer childcare to prevent him travelling 260 miles north?

Or even just drop a bit of food off. Technically the child should have self quarantined with his mum and dad considering kids don't get sick and he may have been asymptomatic and passed it onto his grandparents....Just total cack

Edited by Sparks Rover

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Chaddy, to put the record straight I didn’t say that. 

At the time I was of the impression Cummings wife and child were in Durham and he was in London. I thought he heard of her becoming ill and went home to look after her and his child. In my mind that would be a defendable act. As it happened his wife was already in London with him and I’d assume being a key figure in Downing Street there were no lack of options in regards to child care. I believe his parents were in London too. 

It’s not the crime of the century, don’t get me wrong. If he hasn’t come into contact with anyone then all he has done is be a fool and break his own advice. People have walked for the same throughout this so really so should he. We live in a world where people want to see heads roll when they make mistakes, for better or worse is your opinion. 

The question is, could he and his family travel to Durham without refuelling? Assuming they went by car, they probably had to stop somewhere, refuel, stretch their legs and go to the toilet. That would theoretically expose others at the motorway services. If they went by train, then they definitely exposed others. Therefore it is likely Cummings broke the rules and risked spreading the virus like the other figures who have resigned.

Of course the Tories will not sack him as they have different rules for their friends, and their voters will seek to make excuses on message boards. Only scientists get thrown under the big red bus [until Matt Hancock gets made the scapegoat].

8 hours ago, Mike E said:

Their rules have stopped families of 55,000 victims from grieving together, but it's ok for Cummings to flout them at his own convenience.

Twats.

Let's see if the covid app designed by Cummings' brother's mate gets many downloads.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Yet again without knowing every person circumstances  how can you judge? 

Like I said yesterday if me and my missus were hit by the coronavirus somewhat badly, I would send my step daughter(if he was same age as Cummings's child) to my parents before asking anyone else including other family members and friends. Would I drive to Durham? No I would asked my parents to drive and get the child and take him with her. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

So, you're child is probably asymptomatic because both parents are Covid positive, and you want the grandparents to step in when they are the most vulnerable in society? Bonkers and goes against all rules.

Why not just agree with the world Chaddy and admit Cummings is a shyte who thinks he's superior to you and I.? Don't understand you.