24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

TBH Den, I feel your all attitude is about you being proven right and other people wrong. 

Wow, just wow!

That's your entire position on this board, on every subject. Oneupmanship is your life blood

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Plenty more outside his home as you could see from the TV pictures last weekend 

Are you deliberately being obtuse? I know that there were more than 3 people outside his house but you said many outside his house were remainers  and when I asked you how you knew that you said read the link you posted. But the link listed 3 people outside that were remainers, you agree that there were plenty more outside his house and if you are honest you have no idea if they are leavers or remainers not that it is relevant to the issue of Cummings breaching lockdown anyway.  

16 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

I think I agree with this as a general rule but there may be complications as I don't think you can protest outside number 10. Again, like with all the other innocents in danger, Cummings has a key role in causing this problem. Media harassment of family isn't good though whatsoever. 

Yes and good to hear. What do you think should happen because of this? More to the point what would happen to you or I if we did that? 

I think the rest of the trip was pretty dodge too - as the majority of politicians, experts, public, media and healthcare profession think too. But it's encouraging even you have a limit to which blind support doesn't cover. 

You can protest near number 10 in peaceful and non provoking way

Well the police have investigated the matter so that's the end of the matters. They are not charging him. nothing would have happened to me. 

I have given you my thoughts on the trip to Durham previously. I haven't change my thoughts on it

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well I can have my cake and eat it.

No you can't, for several reasons. One it makes you look like a hypocritical tool (not saying you are one mind) and secondly it undermines your argument. 

Two hours ago you said "it's quite remarkable the number of fines the police have handed out." Now this has to mean that it is more than anticipated / it is a significant number. 

However, in a previous argument with me you said there will always be a small minority who don't follow the rules. This implies the majority of people are following the rules, the amount who aren't is negligible. 

These two statements are contradictory. They can't both be true. Ergo on one point you have undermined your argument by contradicting yourself. 

Finally I appreciate you acknowledging Cummings actions can act as an excuse for people's behaviour. That admits he was wrong to do so as it gives people an excuse and motivation to break the rules. 

3 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Are you deliberately being obtuse? I know that there were more than 3 people outside his house but you said many outside his house were remainers  and when I asked you how you knew that you said read the link you posted. But the link listed 3 people outside that were remainers, you agree that there were plenty more outside his house and if you are honest you have no idea if they are leavers or remainers not that it is relevant to the issue of Cummings breaching lockdown anyway.  

Did you want me to go down to London and get a list of names for you?

I have given 3 names via the Daily Mail article.

You cant get near number 10 under normal circumstances and i doubt, especially atm whether youd be welcome even at the end of the street. The PM has a new baby. Why advocate demonstrating near his home. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

The Daily Mail has condemned both Cummings and Johnson in the strongest terms as have many Tory MP's and a large majority of the public, as shown by the Opinion Polls you now ignore.

I warned you weeks ago that a week in politics is a long time.

You can protest near number 10 in peaceful and non provoking way

I'll take your word for it. I don't know so it's hard to judge. How near is near? Down the street, a block away. The distance makes a difference. 

Well the police have investigated the matter so that's the end of the matters. They are not charging him. nothing would have happened to me. 

Really for driving to test your eyesight? I really don't think we'd get away with it. 

The police were under huge political pressure not to come up with a negative result - otherwise contradicting the PM. Also insufficient evidence isn't the same as innocence. I'm also not sure why this one rule for one, one for another should end given the implications for out democracy - and as you said yourself, for giving people the excuse to do what they want. 

I have given you my thoughts on the trip to Durham previously. I haven't change my thoughts on it

No but you have contradicted other points you've made. Like the government defending the indefensible has weakened many other arguments. 

Just now, Blue blood said:

No you can't, for several reasons. One it makes you look like a hypocritical tool (not saying you are one mind) and secondly it undermines your argument. 

Two hours ago you said "it's quite remarkable the number of fines the police have handed out." Now this has to mean that it is more than anticipated / it is a significant number. 

However, in a previous argument with me you said there will always be a small minority who don't follow the rules. This implies the majority of people are following the rules, the amount who aren't is negligible. 

These two statements are contradictory. They can't both be true. Ergo on one point you have undermined your argument by contradicting yourself. 

Finally I appreciate you acknowledging Cummings actions can act as an excuse for people's behaviour. That admits he was wrong to do so as it gives people an excuse and motivation to break the rules. 

we have 65 millions people in this country and the police have handed out 14,000 fines for breaching the coronavirus guidelines. 

14,000 is a small minority compare to 65 million people. 

3,200 fines in Lancashire. Here the link https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-52301650

from the link

Deputy Chief Constable Sara Glen said Lancashire Police handed out the most with 380 due to "barbecues, parties and Blackpool beaches", followed by Thames Valley with 219 and Surrey with 205.

Some 82 per cent of fines were given to men, and 15 per cent to women, with three per cent unknown. A third of fines go to those aged 18 to 24, with a further third going to those aged 25 to 34.

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So when you said 'Many of the people protesting outside Cummings's home was remainers.'  What you really meant was that 3 of them were known remainers according to the Daily Mail and I have no idea how the many others voted. 

5 minutes ago, gumboots said:

You cant get near number 10 under normal circumstances and i doubt, especially atm whether youd be welcome even at the end of the street. The PM has a new baby. Why advocate demonstrating near his home. 

You could protest near Parliament. 

1 minute ago, 47er said:

The Daily Mail has condemned both Cummings and Johnson in the strongest terms as have many Tory MP's and a large majority of the public, as shown by the Opinion Polls you now ignore.

I warned you weeks ago that a week in politics is a long time.

So 47er you highlighting that the Daily Mail counts now but didn't count a week ago. That seems rather confusing. 

And actually if papers count on this, but not their evaluation I struggle to see what made them become more authoratitive overnight. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

we have 65 millions people in this country and the police have handed out 14,000 fines for breaching the coronavirus guidelines. 

14,000 is a small minority compare to 65 million people. 

3,200 fines in Lancashire. Here the link https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-52301650

from the link

Deputy Chief Constable Sara Glen said Lancashire Police handed out the most with 380 due to "barbecues, parties and Blackpool beaches", followed by Thames Valley with 219 and Surrey with 205.

Some 82 per cent of fines were given to men, and 15 per cent to women, with three per cent unknown. A third of fines go to those aged 18 to 24, with a further third going to those aged 25 to 34.

Ok so you undermine your  point then that there are loads of people breaking the rules and any increase of late not being related to recent events. Fair enough. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

There was no one there last week as they were in recess so what would be the point.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

No Arbitro that's just wrong. I started talking about it cos it's very important issues for us getting back to some sort of normal life. You have seen the news papers reports in East Lancashire area that people are being made redundant. Or BA or Easyjet staff being made redundant. 

Not on mine. I dont have subscription either.

I can post screenshots of it if the mods are happy about that? 

Johnson was talking about the economy on Monday more intensely than any time during the past ten weeks. Coincidentally it was not long after Cummings was trying to pull the wool over the nations eyes in a national address. By another strange coincidence you mentioned it several times too. In my view Johnson was trying to deflect the Cummings stories.

The businesses you mention (and many more) have been in the news from the start talking about financial hardship. 

I'm not saying you didn't mention it before but it seems you have just been reiterating it after what Johnson said.

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

They're not there. It's in recess

56 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Starmer is the leader of the Labour Party. People want to hear his party position

And yet his and the party's approval have soared without it.

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Johnson was talking about the economy on Monday more intensely than any time during the past ten weeks. Coincidentally it was not long after Cummings was trying to pull the wool over the nations eyes in a national address. By another strange coincidence you mentioned it several times too. In my view Johnson was trying to deflect the Cummings stories.

The businesses you mention (and many more) have been in the news from the start talking about financial hardship. 

I'm not saying you didn't mention it before but it seems you have just been reiterating it after what Johnson said.

I'll say it for you then 👍

30 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Wow, just wow!

That's your entire position on this board, on every subject. Oneupmanship is your life blood

I know. I've recently been listening to Martin Jarvis reading the " Just William " stories on the radio. Some of William's thought processes are equally lacking in self awareness but he's only 11 or 12 years old.

8 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

So when you said 'Many of the people protesting outside Cummings's home was remainers.'  What you really meant was that 3 of them were known remainers according to the Daily Mail and I have no idea how the many others voted. 

I really dont think it matters if they were or were not remainers, through this last week it has become evident a plot was in the mix to stop the UK from leaving the EU 31st December, so it was no co incidence, the media I.e, the Mirror and Guardian to print the Cummings story hoping it would lead to him either resigning or be sacked, none of these happened, and subsequently the Letter from Barnier appeard offering a 2yr extension which quite rightly has been refused, add to this today the Mail on Sundays headline - You couldn't make it up, highlights the witness who alerted police,  broke lockdown rules and invented his story of seeing cummings. So the treatment of cummings and his family including a 4yr old boy from a media frenzy should have some kind of apology from the said Media frenzy and the papers who told lies. I dont think that will happen.

In closing this affair was nothing to do with breaking lockdown rules, it was all political to stop Brexit.

15 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Well the company i work for with a worldwide turnover of 5billion dollars are looking to get rid of 100 in the uk including me under threat of redundancy.

1 minute ago, EgyptianPete said:

I really dont think it matters if they were or were not remainers, through this last week it has become evident a plot was in the mix to stop the UK from leaving the EU 31st December, so it was no co incidence, the media I.e, the Mirror and Guardian to print the Cummings story hoping it would lead to him either resigning or be sacked, none of these happened, and subsequently the Letter from Barnier appeard offering a 2yr extension which quite rightly has been refused, add to this today the Mail on Sundays headline - You couldn't make it up, highlights the witness who alerted police,  broke lockdown rules and invented his story of seeing cummings. So the treatment of cummings and his family including a 4yr old boy from a media frenzy should have some kind of apology from the said Media frenzy and the papers who told lies. I dont think that will happen.

In closing this affair was nothing to do with breaking lockdown rules, it was all political to stop Brexit.

Apart from the admissions to going to Durham on very, very dubious grounds and the trip to Barnard's Castle. Apart from all of that no rules broken or in question whatsoever. 

Don't get me wrong, the making up of allegations is dispicable and loathsome and undermines attempts to take the moral high ground. But the idea Cummings is totally innocent and it's all an anti Brexit ploy is ballony. 

6 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

Well the company i work for with a worldwide turnover of 5billion dollars are looking to get rid of 100 in the uk including me under threat of redundancy.

I wouldn't worry too much, there'll be plenty of jobs around once Brexit kicks in.

10 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

There wouldn't have been a story to tell if Cummings had have done what the rest of us have been doing and obeyed the government advice, which he helped formulate. He did what he did, not me, not any of the rest of us on this board as far as I can see.

26 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

So 47er you highlighting that the Daily Mail counts now but didn't count a week ago. That seems rather confusing. 

And actually if papers count on this, but not their evaluation I struggle to see what made them become more authoratitive overnight. 

You must allow me to enjoy myself now and then!

Chaddy lives by the Daily Mail. Its his Bible.

I'm loving that they are on opposite sides for once. Forgive my indulgence.

He has me on ignore but he'll read it!

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You could mind your own business and allow people to peacefully protest where they choose.