3 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Are you saying you have a role in government now?

No I emailed my local MP about the surcharge and they way it should be waved by NHS and care staff

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Starmer has said publicly he is in front of this current unlocking. But Dodds had nothing. 

Well Starmer should to take a holiday for next 3 years then. I'm sure that reassuring that Starmer has nothing to say about people losing their jobs and no ideas on job creation. Nothing wrong with his suggesting ideas. I had ideas in 2020 about job creation but never said owt cos I'm in opposition and dont need any policy on this. 

Starmer has gone public about Cummings but not his own MP's. Double standards. 

When Johnson promised to appear for interview on the Andrew Neil programme and Corbyn appeared on that basis but Johnson broke his promise, your reply to me was that that was "smart politics".

I don't think we need any lectures from you on double standards,

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But no public comment on the MP resignation from the front bench whilst he cannot wait to talk about Cummings and the media asked no questions to him about his own MP's. 

Yes he did but so did many Conservatives MP's in private to them and myself who was unhappy about the Subcharge for NHS and Care Staff.

But I'm more interested in his ideas for job creation, re training staff, infrastructure and redevelopment projects. This is time for ideas from all sides of politics  

Contradicted yourself in the same post. First criticising starmer for not publically criticising labour MPs and then condoning tory MPs  not publically criticising a policy they and many others disagreed with. 

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Unemployment at its lowest level since 1974 at 3.9 it was between January and March this year. Figures for the Office of National Statistics.  https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peoplenotinwork/unemployment/timeseries/mgsx/lms

What's the definition of employment Chaddy? One hour a week or a possible no hours under a zero hours contract?

In our "rigged against the worker" modern economy the real statistic relates to under-employment.

Another statistic that counts more is poverty, including children. That's why some parents are desperate to get kids back to school----ots their only decent meal of the day.

These sort of stats have rocketed since 2010 and David Cameron/Theresa May.

6 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Contradicted yourself in the same post. First criticising starmer for not publically criticising labour MPs and then condoning tory MPs  not publically criticising a policy they and many others disagreed with. 

Starmer is a leader of a political party. He isn't a just a MP now. 

I would expect MP's of the same party to be talking to PM and Patel about this in private. Obvisuly if House of Parliament was fully open and working 5 days a week then it would be said then in Parliament. Now MP's are all going back to Westminster and house is sitting from Tuesday 

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Unemployment at its lowest level since 1974 at 3.9 it was between January and March this year. Figures for the Office of National Statistics.  https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peoplenotinwork/unemployment/timeseries/mgsx/lms

Ancient history now.

Sunak either keeps the furlough taps open or unemployment numbers grow horribly.

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Starmer is a leader of a political party. He isn't a just a MP now. 

I would expect MP's of the same party to be talking to PM and Patel about this in private. Obvisuly if House of Parliament was fully open and working 5 days a week then it would be said then in Parliament. Now MP's are all going back to Westminster and house is sitting from Tuesday 

I imagine starmer spoke to that MP in private. 

The house was open when this issue cropped up. There was a PMQs where starmer raised it, other Tory MPs could have. 

Double standards again. Labour have to do everything in public but torys can do it behind the scenes. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RoverDom said:

I imagine starmer spoke to that MP in private. 

The house was open when this issue cropped up. There was a PMQs where starmer raised it, other Tory MPs could have. 

Double standards again. Labour have to do everything in public but torys can do it behind the scenes. 

But went public with his Cummings comment tho. No public comments on his own MP's. That's double standards Dom

The house closed that day. My MP asked about improving Rail links between Harrogate and Colne so businesses can use rail links between Accrington and Yorkshire. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

It's not double standards if you deal with the issues you CAN deal with ie his own MP and challenge the other side to do the same. That has to be public of people like you would ask what hes doing. What's hes doing is dealing with misdemeanors in his own team and asking the opposition what they are doing to match it

Malta joins Cyprus, Greece and Spain in excluding Britain when the Airport re-opens. 

Malta holding back until 1 July to recommence flights.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

But went public with his Cummings comment tho. No public comments on his own MP's. That's double standards Dom

The house closed that day. My MP asked about improving Rail links between Harrogate and Colne so businesses can use rail links between Accrington and Yorkshire. 

His own MP has resigned from her position Chaddy. 

Now how about Cummings?

You criticise Labour when the MP has done the right thing, but you defend Cummings when he has clearly done the wrong thing and won't admit it and his boss won't sack him.

Then you accuse Labour of double standards!

Beyond parody. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Labour MP stood down, that's highly unlikely to have happened without Starmer giving them a push. On Cummings, starmer was asked what he would have done and he said he would have sacked him, then his MP breaks lockdown and gets the boot. He's talked the talk and walked the walk. 

So your final point agrees with me that they had a chance to speak out against the NHS policy but chose not to. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, philipl said:

People are arguing New Zealand, South Korea, Greece, Malta, Germany are not good models for the UK.

How about part of the UK?

https://www.bbc.com/news/stories-52823510

They locked down early.

And good Lib Dem territory too.

Nicola Sturgeon has been savaged by the Scottish press over recent weeks for covering up the Nike conference outbreak, the care home catastrophe, PPE, no track and trace, lack of testing and not even a mention on here?

The same charges are being thrown at SNP that are being thrown at the Tories, but I've read your posts praising her as a proper leader, plenty more praising the SNP approach, I wonder why?

Double standards of the highest order, laughable really if it wasn't so serious. 

Edited by Gav

9 minutes ago, Gav said:

Nicola Sturgeon has been savaged by the Scottish press over recent weeks for covering up the Nike conference outbreak, the care home catastrophe, PPE, no track and trace, lack of testing etc etc.

The same charges are being thrown at SNP that are being thrown at the Tories, but I've read your posts praising her as a proper leader, plenty more praising the SNP approach, I wonder why?

Double standards of the highest order, laughable really if it wasn't so serious. 

What goes on North of the border these days rarely impacts on what we do or think down here. It's for the Scots to take her to task in my opinion.

Besides which, by comparison with the Westminster crew, she still SOUNDS like shes in control and not lying. It may be smoke and mirrors but shes better at it than Johnson

21 minutes ago, Gav said:

Nicola Sturgeon has been savaged by the Scottish press over recent weeks for covering up the Nike conference outbreak, the care home catastrophe, PPE, no track and trace, lack of testing and not even a mention on here?

Nicola Sturgeon is not Lib Dem. We beat the SNP in Orkney & Shetlands at all levels. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

But went public with his Cummings comment

They've been trying to reopen the Colne - Skipton line for years but the southern-led Tory party won't spend money in the north

49 minutes ago, philipl said:

Nicola Sturgeon is not Lib Dem. We beat the SNP in Orkney & Shetlands at all levels. 

You called Nicola a proper leader Philipl, even though she's being accused of exactly the same mismanagement as the Tories.

The last time I looked Orkney & Shetland was part of Scotland and has been since 14th century.

Well as someone who has lived in Scotland for 25+ years, if I had the choice between Sturgeon and Boris as leader, it would be a no-contest. And I'm neither a Tory or an SNP-apologist. I might not agree with everything she says and does but at least she generally speaks with clarity and authority.

I also worked quite closely with her when I dealt with the abolition of the Right to Buy in Scotland and she was very, very good behind the scenes as well.

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Well as someone who has lived in Scotland for 25+ years, if I had the choice between Sturgeon and Boris as leader, it would be a no-contest. And I'm neither a Tory or an SNP-apologist. I might not agree with everything she says and does but at least she generally speaks with clarity and authority.

I also worked quite closely with her when I dealt with the abolition of the Right to Buy in Scotland and she was very, very good behind the scenes as well.

I couldn’t agree more, I’d move North of the border tomorrow if it practical.

But we can’t be slagging off the Tories and purposely ignoring SNP because the politics doesn’t fit.

Right to buy is a great thing by the way, but only if you replace like for like, the Tories never understood that concept. 

Edited by Gav

47 minutes ago, Gav said:

You called Nicola a proper leader Philipl, even though she's being accused of exactly the same mismanagement as the Tories.

At least she fronts up. She's no coward.

Sturgeon stood by her CMO Calderwood when she originally flouted lockdown rules. Let's not all forget that. It was only after public pressure that Calderwood resigned. 

It was Dr Calderwood who walked. Had Sturgeon had her way then the British government would have had to stand by her too.

The only difference between those circumstances is that Calderwood is more of a human than Cummings.