Sign in to follow this  
Montyburns

Coronavirus

4 hours ago, philipl said:

The unfortunate beast which caused the transmission to humans was a sickly pangolin.

image.thumb.png.adaafc5e81aa5ed9fa004f80f63ab05c.png

Is that Vegan?

In the last week my Korean daughter in law has visited England with a school party. They have been verbally abused, being told they are dirty, they've had someone film them because they are "a risk" and had people cover their faces as they walk past them. South Korea has had very few Coronavirus cases, not many more than the UK. When weve been there, weve found hygiene standards in public toilets etc to be far superior to British ones, and this was a group of smart young 17 year olds, excited to be in Britain for the first time.What kind of impression have the morons they've encountered given them of the UK.

27 minutes ago, gumboots said:
 In the last week my Korean daughter in law has visited England with a school party. They have been verbally abused, being told they are dirty, they've had someone film them because they are "a risk" and had people cover their faces as they walk past them. South Korea has had very few Coronavirus cases, not many more than the UK. When weve been there, weve found hygiene standards in public toilets etc to be far superior to British ones, and this was a group of smart young 17 year olds, excited to be in Britain for the first time.What kind of impression have the morons they've encountered given them of the UK.

Hurrah for Brexit

Watching Endeavour last night it was horrendous to see the similarities between society in the late 60s early 70s and now. Have we really not grown up in the last 50 years? How have we allowed our country, formerly thought of as being more tolerant than many, to be hijacked by extreme views? How have we given validation to the haters? I emailed the local free paper because they printed a ridiculous article about the advantage of Brexit being that we didnt need to pretend to like Europe any more. I told them they should have presented a more balanced picture. Their reply was that nobody else has submitted an article about the disadvantages of Brexit! Had they sought one? No! Did anyone know, beyond those involved, that they were going to print the article in question? No! They just decided to print the biased view presented by the particular writer. 

Edited by gumboots

4 hours ago, gumboots said:

Watching Endeavour last night it was horrendous to see the similarities between society in the late 60s early 70s and now. Have we really not grown up in the last 50 years? How have we allowed our country, formerly thought of as being more tolerant than many, to be hijacked by extreme views? How have we given validation to the haters? I emailed the local free paper because they printed a ridiculous article about the advantage of Brexit being that we didnt need to pretend to like Europe any more. I told them they should have presented a more balanced picture. Their reply was that nobody else has submitted an article about the disadvantages of Brexit! Had they sought one? No! Did anyone know, beyond those involved, that they were going to print the article in question? No! They just decided to print the biased view presented by the particular writer. 

Yeah I saw that programme also. Whatever progress we've made since those days is rapidly being lost. 

6 hours ago, gumboots said:

I'm surprised Korea had any cases of Coronavirus. Especially as "Kimchi cures everything" (including cancer 🤣)

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah I saw that programme also. Whatever progress we've made since those days is rapidly being lost. 

Yes, the disgusting anti-semitism within the Labour party is a disgrace; fortunately the people of our country rejected it.

1 minute ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Yes, the disgusting anti-semitism within the Labour party is a disgrace; fortunately the people of our country rejected it.

Yep, and their reward is "disgusting" racists in No 10.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51535367

Edited by jim mk2

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

I don't see any racists in No 10- I

Then you're blind

Boris Johnson called gay men 'tank-topped bumboys' and black people 'piccaninnies' with 'watermelon smiles'.

Now he has an "adviser"  who says black people on average have lower IQs.

This is what happens when the right wing seize power on a 37% mandate in a referendum. 

These are very dangerous times for the UK.

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Then you're blind

Boris Johnson called gay men 'tank-topped bumboys' and black people 'piccaninnies' with 'watermelon smiles'.

Now he has an "adviser"  who says black people on average have lower IQs.

This is what happens when the right wing seize power on a 37% mandate in a referendum. 

These are very dangerous times for the UK.

Six million Jews murdered in the Holocaust. Anti-Semites tolerated in the Labour party - disgusting.

By refusing to be drawn or to condemn this "adviser", Johnson is in effect blowing the dog whistle, hard. He really wants to court the bigot vote. 

Presumably you agree with him? 

Just now, jim mk2 said:

By refusing to be drawn or to condemn this "adviser", Johnson is in effect blowing the dog whistle, hard. He really wants to court the bigot vote. 

Presumably you agree with him? 

I've never agreed with racists - that's why I vote Tory to defeat all anti-semitic scum.

There is a point of view that there is nothing controversial about this No 10 "adviser's" racist views. In a survey, 97.6% of Tory voters and 100% of Brexit voters agreed with everything he said.

The promised post Brexit sunlit uplands have an increasingly a Third Reich flavour.

3 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I find it interesting that all that furore has gone away now the election is over. Possibly because it's served it's purpose.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Criticising Israel isn’t anti Semitism, but I suspect you knew that already.
See Tyrone’s post also.

Edited by K-Hod

10 hours ago, gumboots said:

Korean facilities in general are pretty damn good. A lot of public toilets have these disposable sheets you put over the toilet seat. I didn’t really find anything “dirty” about Korean hygiene practices. 

I've never agreed with racists - that's why I vote Tory to defeat all anti-semitic scum.

'I've never agreed with racists, that's why I voted for the most openly racist British Government since Powell was around.'

12 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I find it interesting that all that furore has gone away now the election is over. Possibly because it's served it's purpose.

Brilliant point, Tyrone. Anti-semitism always was a stick for the right wing press to hit Jeremy Corbyn with.

13 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Likewise with the Islamophobia in the tory party. This is a terrible point of all policits- right, left & centre. Things which have very real consequences are politicised by whoever has something to benefit from them.

See Jim's comments re the floods in the politics thread. An attempt to politicise a natural disaster. Terrible but, unfortunately, our political parties are full of such people.

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Likewise with the Islamophobia in the tory party. This is a terrible point of all policits- right, left & centre. Things which have very real consequences are politicised by whoever has something to benefit from them.

See Jim's comments re the floods in the politics thread. An attempt to politicise a natural disaster. Terrible but, unfortunately, our political parties are full of such people.

If you really think that the Tory party doesn't contain any Muslim haters you are either seriously deluded or you don't know any Tories.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If you really think that the Tory party doesn't contain any Muslim haters you are either seriously deluded or you don't know any Tories.

Likewise with Labour and their problems Tyrone

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Likewise with Labour and their problems Tyrone

That's not been my experience. On the other hand I have been in the presence of grass roots Tories who have made derogatory statements regarding Asians on several occasions. They obviously think all white men of my age share their opinions.