What a disgrace Matt Hancock is, failing to mention the previously unreported 445 deaths instead just quietly slipping them into the data after the briefing. It shows you that to our called 'Health Secretary' these are are not people dying but just numbers which can be fiddled to make him look less incompetent. 

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

So why in the space of barely a week have we gone from Level 4 to Level 1?

Unless of course, Dominic Cummings' herd immunity policy has been adopted again by No 10. 

Old people are expendable, said Dom, as he took another eyesight test 

You’ve got it wrong Jim. We’re not at any level at the moment, we’re transitioning between levels according to Dominic Raab. Somewhere between 4 and 3 I think, maybe three and a third, or three and 5/8ths. Maybe slightly nearer 4 or marginally nearer 3. I know those in between levels aren’t on any chart, or maybe they were but the government has stopped showing them. In any situation though we just have to use our common sense and interpret any rules that might apply to the threat level we perceive it to be. You know how to use a bit of common sense don’t you? That’s what all this coronavirus guidance is all about. Just do a Dominic, work out what you think the rules should be for everybody, then do WTF you want. Boris will back you all the way. Unless you die though, in which case Boris will shrug his shoulders and say it was your choice, your fault.

Posted (edited)

The Spanish government has reported that there were no COVID-19 related deaths in the last 24 hours.

I doubt it will stay that way, for a while Spain was spiraling out of control.

Spain at 0 deaths

Edited by speeeeeeedie
added link

Posted (edited)

Just watching Sky News. Whenever the Chinese ambassador to the UK is on TV he is always incredibly impressive, if only we could have such statesmen representing this country.

Edited by Ewood Ace

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Just watching Sky News. Whenever the Chinese ambassador to the UK is on TV he is always incredibly impressive, if only we could have such statesmen representing this country.

Who interviewed him?

Mark Austin had him on the rocks with some good tough questions last time he was on

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Who interviewed him?

Dermot Murnaghan 

12 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Every time his lips move he’s usually lying, he’d fit in well with the Tories.

53 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Bit of a misleading statement though, 450ish of them occured since 26th April

They were added to the total overnight so I'm happy with my statement.  Shame it had to be shook out of the government 

24 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

They were added to the total overnight so I'm happy with my statement.  Shame it had to be shook out of the government 

But 450 of them didnt die overnight so its wrong. Beyond the fact that each death is a tragedy it's a fairly meaningless number.

How do you know.? I'm going off what is added the figure every 24 hours and ignoring our lying government. 

The fact that they were added secretly should set alarm bells off with you, but each to their own

Posted (edited)

On top of the root canal work I need I had a filling fall out over the weekend. So this morning I gave my dentist another call to see if any progress has been made since I called him last. The short answer was no. Still waiting for PPE, blah, blah. He said even then he'll only be doing extractions for the immediate future, I may have a chance of a filling by about September. I asked him " When do you think dentist's will be back to normal ". He said " Not this year, and that's the ones that don't go bust, or retire ".

He said the first he knew that dentists were being re-opened was when he saw it on the news tickertape !

As a last resort I asked him if he had any DIY filling kits. Not a chance of that. Later on I phoned around my local chemists, Boots etc. All the DIY kits are gone and nobody knows when any will be coming back in stock ! 

Fingers crossed nobody has any real trouble with their teeth.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

9 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

How do you know.? I'm going off what is added the figure every 24 hours and ignoring our lying government. 

The fact that they were added secretly should set alarm bells off with you, but each to their own

It's all from the same source? Are you just picking and choosing? 

The note says 445 death relate to 24th april - 31st May. Per day over that period that's 12 deaths, as horrific as it is you that's an unnoticeable amount so no incentive for them to hide the figures. 

Yep they slipped it in without mentioning it, that's just this lying government who wouldnt dare post a negative story not saying it's right at all but it's way down my list of things to be outraged about with this lot - but 445 didnt die overnight. 

56 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

On top of the root canal work I need I had a filling fall out over the weekend. So this morning I gave my dentist another call to see if any progress has been made since I called him last. The short answer was no. Still waiting for PPE, blah, blah. He said even then he'll only be doing extractions for the immediate future, I may have a chance of a filling by about September. I asked him " When do you think dentist's will be back to normal ". He said " Not this year, and that's the ones that don't go bust, or retire ".

He said the first he knew that dentists were being re-opened was when he saw it on the news tickertape !

As a last resort I asked him if he had any DIY filling kits. Not a chance of that. Later on I phoned around my local chemists, Boots etc. All the DIY kits are gone and nobody knows when any will be coming back in stock ! 

Fingers crossed nobody has any real trouble with their teeth.

Emergency dentists are open aren't they?

58 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Same with GPs who said they were never consulted by the government before the loosening of restrictions on "shielded" people yesterday.

This country is so badly managed. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Emergency dentists are open aren't they?

Yeah - these are your choices when you get there - Extraction or antibiotics and pain killers. Take your pick, that's it. Anything that involves making an aerosol, use of the drill, air suction/blower, is out.  I don't want to lose a front tooth just because it needs a filling. 

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

1 hour ago, RoverDom said:

But 450 of them didnt die overnight so its wrong. Beyond the fact that each death is a tragedy it's a fairly meaningless number.

The other 100 or so may well not have been deaths overnight either, in fact almost certainly aren’t. The deaths that are announced every day are just those recorded every day, the actual date of death could have been a week or two ago. Tomorrow the figure will be up because fewer deaths are reported order over the weekend.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

No new deaths at East lancashire hospitals

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire-news/daily-coronavirus-death-figures-lancashire-18343830.amp?__twitter_impression=true

People wanting to DIY whilst off work. Plus wanting to redecorate their gardens. 

I have been doing the same since belong furlough we have redecorated 3 rooms in the house

This is for once not to get at you Chaddy, because I don’t quite see the point of it myself, but redecorating was not allowed under the lockdown. You were only supposed to do essential maintenance eg emergency plumbing.

God knows what the rules are now mind you.

5 minutes ago, only2garners said:

This is for once not to get at you Chaddy, because I don’t quite see the point of it myself, but redecorating was not allowed under the lockdown. You were only supposed to do essential maintenance eg emergency plumbing.

Dont see the point of it either. If it was essential repairs only shops shouldn't have been allowed to stock / sell fence paint for example (guess what I've done in lockdown.) 

Likewise supermarket trips were for essentials only. A disposable BBQ isnt essential, but then they were at the end of every isle. 

12 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Dont see the point of it either. If it was essential repairs only shops shouldn't have been allowed to stock / sell fence paint for example (guess what I've done in lockdown.) 

Likewise supermarket trips were for essentials only. A disposable BBQ isnt essential, but then they were at the end of every isle. 

All of this can be delivered to you.  What dont you get about minimising the risk.? 

Chaddy,  again proving his ignorance whilst preaching to everyone on here...

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, only2garners said:

No offence taken but within all fairness we have the paint in already before the lockdown. I just put it off for weeks. I bought the new Kitchen cupboards doors online. And delivered by Tuffnells. 

Places like Range have been open throughout this lockdown. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Chaddy,  again proving his ignorance whilst preaching to everyone on here...

Wrong again Sparks. But you just keeping posting this BS!!!

It took me 6 weeks to get fence paint delivered

5 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

550 deaths over the last 24 hours.

Shambles

That's the key and its astonishing that we just take that sort of figure. Remember we would have done well if we kept the deaths down to around 20000?

We are 3 x that now and rushing to relax restrictions. Where's the science behind that?

Posted (edited)

Just noticed we have gone past 31 May.

Now 200,000 tests per day consistently.

Edited by philipl