25 minutes ago, den said:

Is it as safe as you said mass gatherings were?

Still going on about that Den? Shame you can't and won't move on until you are proven right! 

Its was extremely safe in the pub where I went for my meal. Its was a great food and service. 

Not many people but we did at 3.30pm.so they wouldnt be many people there. 

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

it is Covid safe. 

No such thing I'm afraid. 

Or Covid secure.

These terms are winding me up. 

Factually incorrect. 

Secure definition: "certain to be safe...."

Safe definition : "protected from or not exposed to....."

Still can't say that about many places in the UK. Maybe the odd remote island or two. 

16 minutes ago, Silas said:

No such thing I'm afraid. 

I feel safe in the pub and I wouldnt catch any germs. Same as when I went to supermarket this morning. Or when I go local butchers on Saturday. 

I wear a mask in all the shops, queues etc I go in

I'm highish risk but I'd do it If I wasn't tbh.

Been pub twice for an hour or so since lockdown ended, sat in same area with same regulars/neighbours, no track and trace or checks but very (efficient) remote style service.

Just now, DeeCee said:

I wear a mask in all the shops, queues etc I go in

I'm highish risk but I'd do it If I wasn't tbh.

Been pub twice for an hour or so since lockdown ended, sat in same area with same regulars/neighbours, no track and trace or checks but very (efficient) remote style service.

No name or address or phone number taken? 

So how is NHS track and test meant to contact you if someone you sat develops Coronavirus symptoms in the few days? 

Why arent pubs and landlords following the rules and guidelines? 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I feel safe in the pub and I wouldnt catch any germs. 

You've caught germs in every single pub you've ever been in.

But I'm being pedantic.

Just think Covid risk minimised, or minimal or something would be a better term of phrase.

Safe and secure is pretty absolute to me. No pub can guarantee it.

But as you say, no different from the supermarket, butchers, post office,  or workplace.

Risk minimised. Best it's going to be for a while.  

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Silas said:

But I'm being pedantic.

Just think Covid risk minimised, or minimal or something would be a better term of phrase.

But as you say, no different from the supermarket, butchers, post office,  or workplace.

Only been to 1 pub so far. I don't go pub regularly. Odd time now. 

Yes the risk has been minimised the best it can. 

I feel safe as I can in supermarket as the time I go only a couple of people. So I can been in and out in 15 mins. 

I tend to pre order from Butchers so I go in pay and collect quickly

Edited by chaddyrovers

32 minutes ago, Silas said:

But I'm being pedantic.

And the risk is VERY minimal 

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I feel safe as I can in supermarket as the time I go only a couple of people. So I can been in and out in 15 mins. 

Once in the pub ? In 5 days ? Bravo , jokes aside I’ll be in the pub tomorrow again . Yeah why not . 

Edited by Inglorious basturk

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think you're being very sensible there Chaddy. Most feel the same. its not like a tap you can switch on and off.

I'm very reluctant to emerge from the protective lives we've led over the last few months and see all that effort thrown away.

5 hours ago, 47er said:

I think you're being very sensible there Chaddy. Most feel the same. its not like a tap you can switch on and off.

I'm very reluctant to emerge from the protective lives we've led over the last few months and see all that effort thrown away.

I’ve been a frontline key worker ( should I have been ? Arguable . If I was to tell you what I did but I won’t you would likely think as I do it’s political) 

so I’ve been out and about doing pretty much normal everything since the start . 
not only has it made me think there is very little risk to the vast majority of the population but also question actually what is going on (another can of worms for another day ) 

it has made me jump at the chance to do whatever is available when the rules allow . I went to the pub and the restaurant last week, I’ve got plenty more eating trips and two holidays booked . Home and abroad .

ihe followed the rules all along for the most , some are unavoidable when you are forced to work with hundreds as normal ( no tests by the way but no known cases ) 

I can understand why those staying shielded it fully locked down remain fearful and cautious . It’s basic conditioning especially when you only see the main news channels and 4 walls around you . It’s on human nature to comply to authority 

32 minutes ago, Inglorious basturk said:

so I’ve been out and about doing pretty much normal everything since the start

Big jump from above to the above to this "it made me think there is very little risk to the vast majority of the population" !!

You've been lucky that's all. Thousands haven't.

13 minutes ago, 47er said:

Big jump from above to the above to this "it made me think there is very little risk to the vast majority of the population" !!

You've been lucky that's all. Thousands haven't.

Yes when it first happened I guess I was on my guard but fairly quickly being out and about i cake to the conclusion it perhaps really isn’t really a thing to worry about . I won’t elaborate as an alternative opinion isn’t allowed and I won’t force my point with an air of arrogance , I’ll leave that to the fearful but when did we all of a sudden start taking everything on face value . Especially something so ambiguous? If you have been locked down from the start you can’t be blamed for taking on some conditioning . Perfectly human 

56 minutes ago, Inglorious basturk said:

Yes when it first happened I guess I was on my guard but fairly quickly being out and about i cake to the conclusion it perhaps really isn’t really a thing to worry about . I won’t elaborate as an alternative opinion isn’t allowed and I won’t force my point with an air of arrogance , I’ll leave that to the fearful but when did we all of a sudden start taking everything on face value . Especially something so ambiguous? If you have been locked down from the start you can’t be blamed for taking on some conditioning . Perfectly human 

I half agree, I dont think it's as dangerous as we first thought and it looks like a lot of us have some sort of immunity from other coronavirus. Some people like to paint the picture that if you step outside and breathe in you will die instantly. 

Someone I know made the point that if this thing is as infectious as people like to claim, why does the swab have to go so far into the nose and throat to get a reliable test. 

I've never worried about it tbh. If it was proven certain that once you get it you have the antibodies and are immune, I would actively seek to get it. My main issue is around passing it on as it does attack the old and weak so I think the focus should be more on locking those people away rather than locking the whole population away. 

5 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

I half agree, I dont think it's as dangerous as we first thought and it looks like a lot of us have some sort of immunity from other coronavirus. Some people like to paint the picture that if you step outside and breathe in you will die instantly. 

Someone I know made the point that if this thing is as infectious as people like to claim, why does the swab have to go so far into the nose and throat to get a reliable test. 

I've never worried about it tbh. If it was proven certain that once you get it you have the antibodies and are immune, I would actively seek to get it. My main issue is around passing it on as it does attack the old and weak so I think the focus should be more on locking those people away rather than locking the whole population away. 

There are so many things that have cropped up that have made me think.  ... anyway it is what it is .  At time’s I’ve wondered if it’s a reorganising of existing illness and deaths to make us a captive audience so the rich elite get richer . I don’t know just a thought , some would tell me to put my tin foil hat on etc , I suppose it could be an incredibly ambiguous invisible illness where the vast majority who have it never know nor have symptoms , to me that’s also quite wild . Camus , that American author who’s name escapes me have covered that in fiction already 

I'll leave the wild theories to you guys but anyone who doesn't try their hardest to protect themselves from this virus is an idiot.

Morever a selfish idiot.

When you "came to the conclusion it really isn't really a thing to worry about" I thought about Bolsinaro.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, 47er said:

I'll leave the wild theories to you guys but anyone who doesn't try their hardest to protect themselves from this virus is an idiot.

Morever a selfish idiot.

When you "came to the conclusion it really isn't really a thing to worry about" I thought about Bolsinaro.

Without reducing myself to insults of course..... When back in March it kicked off and I was surprised to find myself on the frontline when there was no real need , I could easily be a home worker ( I can’t really say who I work for but you would understand more if I did )  I thought either I’m being thrown to the wolves or I’m fine . 
ive followed the rules as prescribed as much as you can reading between the lines apart from being sent to work in an office with 150 others from 150 households who have had 150 weekly shopping trips . 
you end up not being too worried 

anyway is it a wild theory or just something to question ? I’m not saying either way but I certainly rarely take things on face value especially when politics are involved 

Edited by Inglorious basturk

Just now, Inglorious basturk said:

Without reducing myself to insults of course..... When back in March it kicked off and I was surprised to find myself on the frontline when there was no real need , I could easily be a home worker ( I can’t really say who I work for but you would understand more if I did )  I thought either I’m being thrown to the wolves or I’m fine . 
ive followed the rules as prescribed as much as you can reading between the lines apart from being sent to work in an office with 150 others from 150 households who have had 150 weekly shopping trips . 
you end up not being too worried 

I haven't insulted you at all. I was making a general comment which I think stands up. Don't forget that anyone taking risks but who is, for one reason or another less likely to die from the disease still has a responsibility to everyone else in the community. Not everyone has your apparent immunity from effects and you can pass it on without knowing it.

34 minutes ago, Inglorious basturk said:

There are so many things that have cropped up that have made me think.  ... anyway it is what it is .  At time’s I’ve wondered if it’s a reorganising of existing illness and deaths to make us a captive audience so the rich elite get richer . I don’t know just a thought , some would tell me to put my tin foil hat on etc , I suppose it could be an incredibly ambiguous invisible illness where the vast majority who have it never know nor have symptoms , to me that’s also quite wild . Camus , that American author who’s name escapes me have covered that in fiction already 

I dont think it's as bad as we first thought but I still think it's something.

I dont agree with the idea that it's just reorganizing existing illnesses and deaths just because the excess deaths have increased and have increased inline with the pandemic. For it to be a reorganisation, these excess deaths would have to be falsified. So I think to start dismissing so many official figures not just from one country but the whole world, is probably moving towards tin hat territory. 

That's said, theres the argument that a good number of deaths would have occured within 12 months anyway (we've already seen excess deaths turn negative). Is this perhaps what you meant by reorganising of deaths? 

I think at anyone time the risk to the man in the street is overstated because when we talk about deaths, cases and 'r' rate, these are given for the country as a whole including outbreaks at care homes and hospitals where the old and vulnerable cluster so naturally the effects here are going to be far more devastating than an outbreak in a non medical environment.

7 minutes ago, 47er said:

I haven't insulted you at all. I was making a general comment which I think stands up. Don't forget that anyone taking risks but who is, for one reason or another less likely to die from the disease still has a responsibility to everyone else in the community. Not everyone has your apparent immunity from effects and you can pass it on without knowing it.

Sorry I thought you were calling me a selfish idiot . Just used to it . 
im not saying I’m immune I’m saying that the relatively minor disruption to my life has convinced me that I don’t think I need to be concerned about something that has affected a fraction of the worlds population. 
re the taking risks how would you have been about coming to work every day with 149 others ? Social distancing impossible 

Just now, RoverDom said:

I dont think it's as bad as we first thought but I still think it's something.

I dont agree with the idea that it's just reorganizing existing illnesses and deaths just because the excess deaths have increased and have increased inline with the pandemic. For it to be a reorganisation, these excess deaths would have to be falsified. So I think to start dismissing so many official figures not just from one country but the whole world, is probably moving towards tin hat territory. 

That's said, theres the argument that a good number of deaths would have occured within 12 months anyway (we've already seen excess deaths turn negative). Is this perhaps what you meant by reorganising of deaths? 

I think at anyone time the risk to the man in the street is overstated because when we talk about deaths, cases and 'r' rate, these are given for the country as a whole including outbreaks at care homes and hospitals where the old and vulnerable cluster so naturally the effects here are going to be far more devastating than an outbreak in a non medical environment.

Your point about deaths that happen anyway to me makes me wonder about the validity of the excess deaths which are hugely ambiguous, cropped up in the middle of the whole thing and are subject to even more manipulation. 
i don’t know I’m just keeping an open mind 

Posted (edited)

Just to say the author Camus is Algerian French. His family were pieds noirs, ie they came to Algeria wearing shoes which made the native Algerians call them black feet as more often than not they themselves wore sandals or went barefoot. 

Oh and I've been carrying on relatively normally in that I've been out and about a lot but I wont be sitting inside a pub or restaurant any time soon. If it's not safe to sit in a theatre then I certainly dong think its safe to sit in a pub. Mostly we have just been out every day walking. I've been in the odd shop other than a supermarket but that's it. I dont think for the majority of people this virus is as bad as you might think from watching news reports but I'm not taking any real chances and I certainly dont want to be responsible for even one other person catching it. 

Edited by gumboots

Its populist nonsense for people to decide on their own whether a pandemic is dangerous or not.

I'd have thought that was obvious it is or it wouldn't be a pandemic would it?

Just because a fraction of the world's  population have caught it so far does not mean it can't strike any one of us at any time.

1 minute ago, 47er said:

Its populist nonsense for people to decide on their own whether a pandemic is dangerous or not.

I'd have thought that was obvious it is or it wouldn't be a pandemic would it?

Just because a fraction of the world's  population have caught it so far does not mean it can't strike any one of us at any time.

Depends who decides? Who knows . A lot more dangerous things could stroke us at any time . I try not to worry , it takes the edge off surviving this game we all got entered into unwillingly 

56 minutes ago, Inglorious basturk said:

Your point about deaths that happen anyway to me makes me wonder about the validity of the excess deaths which are hugely ambiguous, cropped up in the middle of the whole thing and are subject to even more manipulation. 
i don’t know I’m just keeping an open mind 

I think you've got to look at it over a period over more a few weeks that people were doing. A 12 month period would give you a good idea of how many of those covid deaths were on their last legs anyway.