11 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

After saying it's fine to debate it 😂

Yes , you don’t have to agree with us but no need for a lack of civility 

thing is too nobody can 100 percent say they are sure what has gone on

In a similar vein, I had symptoms of Covid end of March - fever, cough, breathlessness,etc. I basically couldn't breathe for a week. I'm 37, relatively fit and no underlying conditions at all. 16 weeks on and I'm still suffering from fatigue, breathlessness and a lingering cough. It's now chucked in bouts of insomnia for good measure. There's countless reports of "long covid" sufferers about too if you Google it. So, all of those people who've been all over this thread since February, going on like this is just a nothing illness that only effects the old and vulnerable and people should have just cracked on with their lives, you need to have a rethink. This has been nothing like the flu.

2 hours ago, Reedy You're A Star said:

In a similar vein, I had symptoms of Covid end of March - fever, cough, breathlessness,etc. I basically couldn't breathe for a week. I'm 37, relatively fit and no underlying conditions at all. 16 weeks on and I'm still suffering from fatigue, breathlessness and a lingering cough. It's now chucked in bouts of insomnia for good measure. There's countless reports of "long covid" sufferers about too if you Google it. So, all of those people who've been all over this thread since February, going on like this is just a nothing illness that only effects the old and vulnerable and people should have just cracked on with their lives, you need to have a rethink. This has been nothing like the flu.

I had the coronavirus symptoms towards the end of March. I am similar age, overweight but trying to eat more healthy and less plus exercise more than ever before to lose that weight. 

The one thing I still have fatigue. I am sleep more than ever before and I am fatigue more even before. It was 15 weeks ago since I had the coronavirus which means I am a week off work

Posted (edited)

There are many more groups out there with similar ongoing symptoms. Google it, there’s 100s if not 1000s of otherwise healthy 20 / 30 / 40 year olds with ongoing problems that started with COVID symptoms. I really think it is going to be big problem going forward for employers and hospitals / GPs. There’s no denying that a lot of people suffer little to no symptoms and the older and more infirm are at a more major risk, but there is a largely unreported section of people who were very ill. Not bad enough to be hospitalised, so unreported in Feb, March, early April due to not being tested, but have ongoing complications. This group is going to be the problem for the short to medium term and as this is a novel virus all the related symptoms have not yet come to light. Anosmia only got added fairly recently and that was a lot of people’s first symptom.  

This virus is a little shit and doesn’t just give you flu symptoms, a few days in bed and you’re done, it can affect multiple organs in different ways. Just look at the variety of reports out there of symptoms and affects.

As much as we all wish it was coming to an end and normality is resuming with pubs, gyms and schools opening, I think the problems with this virus are just starting.

Edited by Reedy You're A Star

20 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Only been to 1 pub so far. I don't go pub regularly. Odd time now. 

Yes the risk has been minimised the best it can. 

I feel safe as I can in supermarket as the time I go only a couple of people. So I can been in and out in 15 mins. 

I tend to pre order from Butchers so I go in pay and collect quickly

Did you not have COVID?

You should feel safe everywhere if you did.

image.png.0d43378a8e69c63977c0199b811f46c2.png

That is the US. Lockdown prevented youngsters from high risk activities but anyone over 18 faces a 15% greater chance of dying than they would do normally.

9 minutes ago, Reedy You're A Star said:

This virus is a little shit and doesn’t just give you flu symptoms, a few days in bed and you’re done, it can affect multiple organs in different ways. Just look at the variety of reports out there of symptoms and affects.

It appears to be very good at finding your bodies weak spot and targeting it. I've heard of a number of people who had antibiotics for what appeared to be a urine infection and then developed more of the core covid symptoms. I'm with Chaddy on exhaustion. It took me weeks if not months to get back to any normal kind of energy levels, and I don't even know if I had it. 

55 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Did you not have COVID?

You should feel safe everywhere if you did.

I have the coronavirus symptoms..

Wanting for an antibody test. 

I read somewhere recently that not everybody gets antibodies so we see. 

Piggybacking off a couple of you guys experiences, I might be dead wrong but in November I came down with the worst illness I’ve ever had in my life I’m 25 and in good nick but this illness knocked me on my ass completely. It took me a full three months no exaggeration to start breathing full capacity again and not cough every time I did anything. Is it possible the coronavirus has been around this long? I’ve had colds and flus before but never anything like that. 

It's perfectly possible. The French and Grmans among others have found cases as early as November. When I went to the doctors in January, the questions they were asking me suggested they knew more than the general public at that time.

What was the message that Johnson gave out yesterday, has anyone got a clue what we're supposed to be doing moving forward?

When do we wear face masks? Every time we go out? At work? On buses, trains, planes? In shops?

Is the nation expected to go back to work on Monday if its safe? To help put a few quid in the lunchtime economy? What does safe mean? Wearing a mask, 1.5mts+ away from the next person? We're not bothered about killing more people as long as Greggs gets a few people through the door!

The buffoon will say anything to anyone, regardless of the outcomes or message it sends, dangerous populism, the mans an idiot. 

9 hours ago, gumboots said:

It's perfectly possible. The French and Grmans among others have found cases as early as November. When I went to the doctors in January, the questions they were asking me suggested they knew more than the general public at that time.

I too was at the doctors in January with flu like symptoms that had dragged on since late December. Was told "older people were falling over each other in hospital" with similar. Had ticket for Huddersfield (away) but couldn't go and was too knackered to listen to game on radio. 

11 hours ago, TheWeasel said:

Piggybacking off a couple of you guys experiences, I might be dead wrong but in November I came down with the worst illness I’ve ever had in my life I’m 25 and in good nick but this illness knocked me on my ass completely. It took me a full three months no exaggeration to start breathing full capacity again and not cough every time I did anything. Is it possible the coronavirus has been around this long? I’ve had colds and flus before but never anything like that. 

I think from what I've read this has been going around for longer than we've been officially led to believe. Scientists on the continent have been finding traces of the virus in sewage samples from last autumn. Had you been abroad at any point ?

23 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think from what I've read this has been going around for longer than we've been officially led to believe. Scientists on the continent have been finding traces of the virus in sewage samples from last autumn. Had you been abroad at any point ?

No I hadn’t been abroad however I did take a trip to a heavily tourist town in the uk.

1 hour ago, philipl said:

I don't think it's the Torries looking after the NHS, it's the NHS looking after the Torries

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'd been to Austria and Germany which adds even more to my feeling I might have had it. 

I spent a week with someone from Hong Kong who had been in China in nov I had a lot of the tell tale symptoms . It was fairly nasty . I suspect it was a bout of the flu . 

What I had was not flu. That much they  were certain of at the Health Centre as I had 3 different sets of blood tests to try to find out what it was. I had none of the normal flu symptoms, and they could have found that with the amount of tests they did.