12 hours ago, Cherry Blue said:

I too was at the doctors in January with flu like symptoms that had dragged on since late December. Was told "older people were falling over each other in hospital" with similar. Had ticket for Huddersfield (away) but couldn't go and was too knackered to listen to game on radio. 

Late December was when the first case was confirmed in the USA----American national returning from Wuhan.

12 hours ago, CD_93 said:

Possibly the only time we'll be in the Top 6 this season.

Absurd . We are talking about 40 people out of 150 k in an area with a huge hospital 

Just been reading the latest on Covid from around the world and it is horrible.

I cannot even begin to process the implications 

There is not only a Brexit argument for it but there is now a public health argument for a hard border with England.

Last 4 days Covid deaths:

England 147.    48.    82.    121.
Wales         1.      0.       2.       4.
N Ireland    0.      0.       0.       0.
Scotland    0.      0.       0.       1.

Spot the difference.
Spot the problem.
(https://twitter.com/JamesMelville/status/1282385704941649920?s=03)

Let's be absolutely clear, mask wearing is the simplest single most effective way of protecting the general population and slowing the spread.

37-year-old #Ohio veteran—who posted a widely shared anti-#mask screed on Facebook—tested positive for #COVID19 on July 1 and died just 3 days later. He had no known pre-existing health conditions. This deadly #coronavirus can kill you, so #WearAMask!

6:11 PM · Jul 12, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

More cheating at Covid test stats. Unprocessed tests sent out but not returned are counted as tests.

Similar problem in privately administered tracking and tracing. Numbers counted are traces initiated, not actual people tracked and tested.

image.thumb.png.d710f3e8d16028682f7bcdca3cb763d3.png

The Government's Ten Biggest Coronavirus Lies Unmasked 👇

There's a wealth of choice, but @StephenColegra1 and @peterjukes have come up with their list of worst COVID-19 whoppers.

Lie 1: The Government Never Pursued Herd Immunity’

Lie 2: The Government Initiated a Speedy Lockdown 

Lie 3: The UK Wanted to be Part of an EU Coronavirus Scheme 

Lie 4: Testing 100,000 a Day 

Lie 5. ‘World Beating’ PPE Procurement 

Lie 6. A ‘World Beating’ Test and Trace System 

Lie 7: COVID-19 Death Statistics are Accurate and Transparent 

Lie 8. Care Homes Didn’t ‘Follow Procedures’ 

Lie 9. Dominic Cummings has Poor Eyesight but Great Foresight 

Lie 10. The Government Always ‘Followed The Science’ 

Here's the detail: 

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1282721137357737987.html

Post code lottery of Covid deaths.

From the Guardian this morning:

NHS England has plotted each trust’s death rate, and the number of patients with Covid-19 each of them admitted, on a graph which it has shared with some senior doctors. Crucially, though, it has not identified the trusts on it. It has only disclosed which of the NHS’s seven regions the trust is in.

The five trusts with the highest death rates are in the south-west (80%), north-west (68%), south-west (62%), east of England (60%) and London (54%).

The five trusts with the lowest death rates are in: London (12.5%), Midlands (13%), London (14%), London (15%) and the south-east (15%).

Posted (edited)
On 10/07/2020 at 16:11, Reedy You're A Star said:

In a similar vein, I had symptoms of Covid end of March - fever, cough, breathlessness,etc. I basically couldn't breathe for a week. I'm 37, relatively fit and no underlying conditions at all. 16 weeks on and I'm still suffering from fatigue, breathlessness and a lingering cough. It's now chucked in bouts of insomnia for good measure. There's countless reports of "long covid" sufferers about too if you Google it. So, all of those people who've been all over this thread since February, going on like this is just a nothing illness that only effects the old and vulnerable and people should have just cracked on with their lives, you need to have a rethink. This has been nothing like the flu.

I'll back you 100% on this. I know of five people, including three retired health professionals, with similar experience but going back to an original infection in late December.

My wife is one of these people. She is a retired highly experienced health professional. Her immediate reaction to any new theory on medical matters which people begin to propagate is always "show me the peer reviewed work." For my wife to believe with absolute certainty she had Covid-19 in late December without being diagnosed is utterly out of character which coupled with observing her health convinces me she is correct in her belief.

My wife had all the symptoms, in the right order, in 42 years I have never seen her so ill, it took her 18/19 weeks to recover. Looking back now we realise I unwittingly self-isolated from her, nothing discussed I simply saw the extent of her illness and did all I could to avoid it.

You are correct the people dismissing this virus do need to have a rethink especially as they represent a very significant risk to the rest of the population.

If this thing doesn't kill you the potential life-long consequences are awful. Those who dismiss it are possibly just a likely to dismiss the terrible long-term inequalities which have existed for generations in our society. This virus has and will continue to expose all that is wrong with our society.

This has been around longer than is generally thought. It is to be avoided at whatever cost to one's previous lifestyle.

Edited by Paul

26 minutes ago, Paul said:

I'll back you 100% on this. I know of five people, including three retired health professionals, with similar experience but going back to an original infection in late December.

My wife is one of these people. She is a retired highly experienced health professional. Her immediate reaction to any new theory on medical matters which people begin to propagate is always "show me the peer reviewed work." For my wife to believe with absolute certainty she had Covid-19 in late December without being diagnosed is utterly out of character which coupled with observing her health convinces me she is correct in her belief.

My wife had all the symptoms, in the right order, in 42 years I have never seen her so ill, it took her 18/19 weeks to recover. Looking back now we realise I unwittingly self-isolated from her, nothing discussed I simply saw the extent of her illness and did all I could to avoid it.

You are correct the people dismissing this virus do need to have a rethink especially as they represent a very significant risk to the rest of the population.

If this thing doesn't kill you the potential life-long consequences are awful. Those who dismiss it are possibly just a likely to dismiss the terrible long-term inequalities which have existed for generations in our society. This virus has and will continue to expose all that is wrong with our society.

This has been around longer than is generally thought. It is to be avoided at whatever cost to one's previous lifestyle.

And they probably deny the Holocaust too?  Get a grip. what an absurd jump to make . 

On 12/07/2020 at 10:43, Inglorious basturk said:

Absurd . We are talking about 40 people out of 150 k in an area with a huge hospital 

26 minutes ago, Inglorious basturk said:

And they probably deny the Holocaust too?  Get a grip. what an absurd jump to make . 

I rest my case. Observation is all it takes. In every day life it is clear there are significant numbers whose behaviour indicates they do not take Covid-19 seriously enough. I'm not entirely sure what you refer to with either post but you use the word absurd twice in relation to this virus. That tells me enough.

It is already clear what the major factors are in the spread of the disease. I do and will avoid those situations to protect myself and try to contribute to society.

You may feel this absurd. I know it is not and is simply the world we now live in. I will be doing everything to avoid catching and spreading the infection and this is in fact something which is very simple to do - provided one takes it seriously.

36 minutes ago, Paul said:

I rest my case. Observation is all it takes. In every day life it is clear there are significant numbers whose behaviour indicates they do not take Covid-19 seriously enough. I'm not entirely sure what you refer to with either post but you use the word absurd twice in relation to this virus. That tells me enough.

It is already clear what the major factors are in the spread of the disease. I do and will avoid those situations to protect myself and try to contribute to society.

You may feel this absurd. I know it is not and is simply the world we now live in. I will be doing everything to avoid catching and spreading the infection and this is in fact something which is very simple to do - provided one takes it seriously.

You make the assumption that just because we do one thing we act another . You have assumed that I’m not following the rules . (Which I am apart from being forced to work in a busy office ) . I think your major folly here is you claim to know things about it 

5 minutes ago, Inglorious basturk said:

I think your major folly here is you claim to know things about it 

I rather think that's your major folly.

Has anyone just listened to George Eustice on radio 4?

"If you work in an office, but you can work from home, you should continue to do so" he said.

Boris said over the weekend "You should go back to work and use the shops at lunchtime"

Is that with a facemask? at work? its seems you need one for the shops or you'll be fined?

Its not difficult to get a consistent message out there, but this lot excel in mixed messaging.

6 minutes ago, Gav said:

"If you work in an office, but you can work from home, you should continue to do so" he said.

Boris said over the weekend "You should go back to work and use the shops at lunchtime"

Is that with a facemask? at work? its seems you need one for the shops or you'll be fined?

Its not difficult to get a consistent message out there, but this lot excel in mixed messaging.

Just shops . Not the office restaurants or pubs . I do think that people need to get back into the office it will do them the world of good psychologically 

Just now, Inglorious basturk said:

Just shops . Not the office restaurants or pubs . I do think that people need to get back into the office it will do them the world of good psychologically 

Absolutely not! 

The longer I can work from home the better. 

13 minutes ago, Gav said:

Standard confusing messages which have been consistently coming out since we started to ease lockdown. 

I think a lot of companies are now going to realise the benefits of working from home (if they haven't already) so wont need big city centre offices and can save a lot of costs with smaller hub offices, we could start seeing a lot of vacant office space, city centre house prices I think will crash and high street shops will see less footfall so boris probably has that in mind as he seeks to keep the city centres alive. 

4 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Absolutely not! 

The longer I can work from home the better. 

To be fair you seem pretty level headed but it’s def given some people I know far too much fear 

and I’ve also got pretty pissed off to find that for each of her 7 cups of tea my wife has used a new cup and muggins has to wash up 

15 minutes ago, Inglorious basturk said:

But it could kill you, worst case scenario? 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Inglorious basturk said:

To be fair you seem pretty level headed but it’s def given some people I know far too much fear 

and I’ve also got pretty pissed off to find that for each of her 7 cups of tea my wife has used a new cup and muggins has to wash up 

I know what you mean, it's the fear of going out is worse than actually going out. Also some parents are struggling juggling kids and work under the same roof. 

Personally I'm still enjoying 2+ extra hours a day back not commuting, £250ish a month in petrol. Lie in every day. Working in my pyjamas. And for the benefit of the business I reckon I am more productive.

Edited by RoverDom

Decisions taken so far:

We must wear masks.

We won't enforce it.

We strongly recommend it.

We'll rely on 'Great British common sense'.

We'll enforce it with fines, everybody MUST wear masks effective immediately.

....in 10 days time.