30 minutes ago, Gav said:

But it could kill you, worst case scenario? 

Well I’ve had no choice in the matter personally it’s been fine , it’s been fine for all my colleagues , it appears to have been fine for the vast majority of folk who have had no say in it . Most of the working population are in the groups that have hardly been touched by it . The risk is probably less than what the commute is

32 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

I know what you mean, it's the fear of going out is worse than actually going out. Also some parents are struggling juggling kids and work under the same roof. 

Personally I'm still enjoying 2+ extra hours a day back not commuting, £250ish a month in petrol. Lie in every day. Working in my pyjamas. And for the benefit of the business I reckon I am more productive.

I think working in my pajamas would be the end for me , sacked for binging homes under the hammer . 
my employers have been handing out petrol expenses for fun and giving flexi time for disturbed commutes when in truth it’s been quicker than ever to get to work . Fairly corrupt really 

9 minutes ago, Inglorious basturk said:

I don’t claim to be sure about anything 

I'm sure we should protect ourselves as best we can from Coronavirus. 

On the other hand I'm in my seventies so perhaps i shouldn't bother as I'm going to die anyway?(Sorry for inflating the figures if I do!)

Posted (edited)

So after three months of virtual house arrest for a completely useless and ineffective lockdown, and the threat of further localised lockdowns despite absolutely minimal reinfection rates,the final humiliation is inflicted on the British Public, ordering the wearing of face masks at this incredibly late stage when the pandemic is all but over.

What was the point of putting up with limited numbers and social distancing in shops if they're now claiming you need to wear masks?

Absolute insanity. The more the virus subsides the more paranoid everyone seems to be becoming. I think there's now a good chance the virus will kill us off to all intents and purposes, nothing whatsoever to do with the severity of the virus itself, but unless we grow a pair the quality of everyday life won't be worth living and we'll never recover economically.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

21 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

So after three months of virtual house arrest for a completely useless and ineffective lockdown, and the threat of further localised lockdowns despite absolutely minimal reinfection rates,the final humiliation is inflicted on the British Public, ordering the wearing of face masks at this incredibly late stage when the pandemic is all but over.

What was the point of putting up with limited numbers and social distancing in shops if they're now claiming you need to wear masks?

Absolute insanity. The more the virus subsides the more paranoid everyone seems to be becoming. I think there's now a good chance the virus will kill us off to all intents and purposes, nothing whatsoever to do with the severity of the virus itself, but unless we grow a pair the quality of everyday life won't be worth living and we'll never recover economically.

Having done all the things we have been asked despite thinking them to be ambiguous in direction and at times nonsensical you would think people would be jumping at the chance of doing something normal even if it’s just going for a meal . 
im not sure local lockdowns will happen , feels like politics , especially when Hancock basically said they are happening , you just don’t notice .

project fear reigns  

36 minutes ago, 47er said:

I'm sure we should protect ourselves as best we can from Coronavirus. 

On the other hand I'm in my seventies so perhaps i shouldn't bother as I'm going to die anyway?(Sorry for inflating the figures if I do!)

If anyone passes away it’s absolutely crazy that anyone could inflate the figures . You wouldn’t want Covid on your death cert ( well probably wouldn’t care  but I know of families who are disgusted that a relatives death has been made political ) unless that was the actual definitive thing that killed you . It’s surely the only illness that can go in a certificate without symptoms or testing despite its huge similarity to so many existing illnesses . 
oh he died of cancer . Any symptoms ? No . Did we test , no just a hunch . It just wouldn’t wash 

1 hour ago, RoverDom said:

Standard confusing messages which have been consistently coming out since we started to ease lockdown. 

I think a lot of companies are now going to realise the benefits of working from home (if they haven't already) so wont need big city centre offices and can save a lot of costs with smaller hub offices, we could start seeing a lot of vacant office space, city centre house prices I think will crash and high street shops will see less footfall so boris probably has that in mind as he seeks to keep the city centres alive. 

Plus the lessening of demand on public transport etc. 

1 hour ago, Inglorious basturk said:

Well I’ve had no choice in the matter personally it’s been fine , it’s been fine for all my colleagues , it appears to have been fine for the vast majority of folk who have had no say in it . Most of the working population are in the groups that have hardly been touched by it . The risk is probably less than what the commute is

You always have a choice, tell them you're coming in until its safe, thats the choice.

The working population, who went into work, was down by 80% during covid19, the roads empty, 8/10 people didn't go out during the height of the pandemic and we still have thousands and thousands of Covid19 deaths. 

The figures don't support your stance in any shape way or form, unless you live on Scalpay (Hebrides) that is.

34 minutes ago, Gav said:

You always have a choice, tell them you're coming in until its safe, thats the choice.

The working population, who went into work, was down by 80% during covid19, the roads empty, 8/10 people didn't go out during the height of the pandemic and we still have thousands and thousands of Covid19 deaths. 

The figures don't support your stance in any shape way or form, unless you live on Scalpay (Hebrides) that is.

Believe me I had no choice I’d have no job . A lot were sent home who had diabetes or asthma or a high bmi, some people Actively took advantage of this , it didn’t require a screening letter or anything and most aren’t back . The rest of us approx 150 ppl had to come in , some pleaded to work from home . They weren’t given the choice , a couple went off sick and have since been relieved from their duties .its office work by the way . Could easily work from home . It’s an utter madness . 

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

when the pandemic is all but over.

If only....

5 hours ago, Inglorious basturk said:

You make the assumption that just because we do one thing we act another . You have assumed that I’m not following the rules . (Which I am apart from being forced to work in a busy office ) . I think your major folly here is you claim to know things about it 

I made assumptions based on what you wrote. You should therefore be more careful about what you write.

If by your last sentence you mean I claim to know something about Covid-19 then I have to tell you I did not say anything of the sort. What I do know is how to keep myself and try to help in keeping others safe. I base my thoughts and ideas on government guidelines, direct conversation with two frontline consultants, three frontline doctors and commonsense.

If you meant something else greater clarity with your use of language.

Anyway I only popped in to see if there was any discussion about the supposed return of football crowds in September. Spotted a post I thought worth commenting on and had no intention in involving myself in the debate. I'll pop off again.

Posted (edited)

France is allowing 5000 fans into stadia when their next matches start. That would mean most season ticket holders here, though not all, being able to attend. 

Edited by gumboots

30 minutes ago, Paul said:

I made assumptions based on what you wrote. You should therefore be more careful about what you write.

If by your last sentence you mean I claim to know something about Covid-19 then I have to tell you I did not say anything of the sort. What I do know is how to keep myself and try to help in keeping others safe. I base my thoughts and ideas on government guidelines, direct conversation with two frontline consultants, three frontline doctors and commonsense.

If you meant something else greater clarity with your use of language.

Anyway I only popped in to see if there was any discussion about the supposed return of football crowds in September. Spotted a post I thought worth commenting on and had no intention in involving myself in the debate. I'll pop off again.

Don’t make assumptions at all perhaps ? .  We all differ in options in everything ( a strange thing to have to quantify ), however your method of disappearing after saying your part suggests you didn’t realise ?.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

I’m sure some will enjoy the fact that it targets certain groups and their behaviours . You can still go to the pub if you like for example . Fancy that !

Enforcement is another matter though but I expect that is lip service due to the new testing and the likely previously low amounts carried out 

Edited by Inglorious basturk

Posted (edited)

The information that's come out from the council this afternoon are basic warnings but with the increased figures now available they should be doing more than basics. The work going on behind the scenes has to get through to the right people

Stay safe everyone.  

Edited by Cherry Blue

8 hours ago, gumboots said:

France is allowing 5000 fans into stadia when their next matches start. That would mean most season ticket holders here, though not all, being able to attend. 

Yeah, the lucky ones will get locked out.

7 hours ago, Inglorious basturk said:

I’m sure some will enjoy the fact that it targets certain groups and their behaviours . You can still go to the pub if you like for example . Fancy that !

Enforcement is another matter though but I expect that is lip service due to the new testing and the likely previously low amounts carried out 

All this fuss about an infection that only kills the old and ill who would have died anyway and carries no threat whatsoever to the vast majority of people!  :wacko:

6 hours ago, 47er said:

All this fuss about an infection that only kills the old and ill who would have died anyway and carries no threat whatsoever to the vast majority of people!  :wacko:

That’s correct . Prof Dominic Harrison I think he is called said that about 90 cases were discovered in a certain part of town from south Asian families and the concern was the old in the multi generational households they live in.  40 odd people in 100k isn’t a vast majority is it .  The extra mass testing was set up comviently before this story broke 

2 hours ago, Inglorious basturk said:

That’s correct . Prof Dominic Harrison I think he is called said that about 90 cases were discovered in a certain part of town from south Asian families and the concern was the old in the multi generational households they live in.  40 odd people in 100k isn’t a vast majority is it .  The extra mass testing was set up comviently before this story broke 

This Professor Harrison? The one who seemingly takes it more seriously than you do?

wHz3hKlJ_bigger.jpg

#COVID19 #Strategy "If the rates are still going up by 27 July our next step then is we will gradually reverse the lifting of lockdown, measure by measure. What we are not going to do is go straight to a full lockdown as happened in Leicester.” #localgov #NHS
Quote Tweet

He was on bbc news this morning talking about the measures which are designed to stop the spread and avoid a Leicester scenario, very wise, I hope people listen.

19 minutes ago, 47er said:

This Professor Harrison? The one who seemingly takes it more seriously than you do?

wHz3hKlJ_bigger.jpg

#COVID19 #Strategy "If the rates are still going up by 27 July our next step then is we will gradually reverse the lifting of lockdown, measure by measure. What we are not going to do is go straight to a full lockdown as happened in Leicester.” #localgov #NHS
Quote Tweet

Who clearly said his concern was the elderly in ethnic multi generational households  .
I take it seriously , I’ve followed the rules apart from being forced to work in a busy office .  I simply don’t think there is much risk to the majority of people and I don’t think 70 out of 150k is any big shakes . A couple of weeks testing seems to be hancocks plan