40 minutes ago, Inglorious basturk said:

Who clearly said his concern was the elderly in ethnic multi generational households  .
I take it seriously , I’ve followed the rules apart from being forced to work in a busy office .  I simply don’t think there is much risk to the majority of people and I don’t think 70 out of 150k is any big shakes . A couple of weeks testing seems to be hancocks plan

Worse potential case for this coming winter is 120000 deaths. I really do not get your nonchalance.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, 47er said:

Worse potential case for this coming winter is 120000 deaths. I really do not get your nonchalance.

You can’t keep moving the goalposts I was talking about what is going on now  . Anyway I’m not going to worry about ifs buts and maybes . Life is too short , is 70 people out of 150k many to you especially when so concentrated , maybe not even symptomatic ?  Why am I nonchalant when I’ve said I follow the rules where it’s within my control? 

Edited by Inglorious basturk

The number of cases in Blackburn with Darwen is bound to rise next week as we have just opened up a free testing centre at Witton Park. Therefore far more people will get tested so are obviously going to have an increased infection rate next week. 

I'd like to know the percentage of positive cases per test in the area to see how that is increasing week on week. Do we know if this data is available?

I'd also like to see the split of cases by postcode, which we know is data that was being tracked.

16 minutes ago, Hasta said:

The number of cases in Blackburn with Darwen is bound to rise next week as we have just opened up a free testing centre at Witton Park. Therefore far more people will get tested so are obviously going to have an increased infection rate next week. 

I'd like to know the percentage of positive cases per test in the area to see how that is increasing week on week. Do we know if this data is available?

I'd also like to see the split of cases by postcode, which we know is data that was being tracked.

People won’t get that though will they they don’t have the brains to do anything other than read a headline . I do know that bbwd had a relatively low amount of tests done and of course it was the case that the new testing site was in situ before it really made the news 

Anyone else finding it strange that all these rules about face masks and so on are coming in now, after months of the problems associated with the virus? Why not do it as soon as it became a problem?

2 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Anyone else finding it strange that all these rules about face masks and so on are coming in now, after months of the problems associated with the virus? Why not do it as soon as it became a problem?

Possibly a compromise on social distancing 

Maybe. Or perhaps they're only just got their act together with PPE for hospitals etc so there's just about enough for the rest of us. I've heard it'll be the same issues again if or when the second wave of infections start from someone who works for the NHS.

5 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Maybe. Or perhaps they're only just got their act together with PPE for hospitals etc so there's just about enough for the rest of us. I've heard it'll be the same issues again if or when the second wave of infections start from someone who works for the NHS.

Well especially as they are highly unlikely to close economies again 

1 hour ago, Inglorious basturk said:

You can’t keep moving the goalposts I was talking about what is going on now  . Anyway I’m not going to worry about ifs buts and maybes . Life is too short , is 70 people out of 150k many to you especially when so concentrated , maybe not even symptomatic ?  Why am I nonchalant when I’ve said I follow the rules where it’s within my control? 

But the local infection rate is one of the very highest in the country! You think its going to stay confined in S Asian conclaves? No way.

26 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Because we didn't have enough masks!

Not dismissing the value of face masks themselves but am I not right in thinking they're as good as useless if people dont use them properly? Why is there not more education and guidance around the correct use of face masks rather than just saying "cover you face" 

You see people with masks covering their mouth but not their nose. You see others constantly adjusting and fiddling with them. I've even seen someone wearing a crocheted face mask . 

12 minutes ago, 47er said:

But the local infection rate is one of the very highest in the country! You think its going to stay confined in S Asian conclaves? No way.

It’s still a fraction of people , the plan that seems to be in place is to test like mad and drive the radio down 

5 minutes ago, Inglorious basturk said:

It’s still a fraction of people , the plan that seems to be in place is to test like mad and drive the radio down 

Its always going to be a fraction but the critical thing is the size of the fraction. With 70M inhabitants small fractions can mean big numbers.

Coronavirus is not , as Trump thought "going to just disappear".

I know that this sounds far fetched, or does it, I'm not sure, but shouting has been associated with spreading the virus, kind of makes social distancing rules ineffective really.

The advice is being shared in some quarters, churches and mosques being on the list, even though the call to prayer or church services are now carried out using microphones. 

I don't think PHE or the government have released such advice, but its certainly being given out at local levels.

4 hours ago, 47er said:

Because we didn't have enough masks!

It sounds like we didn't have any masks at the beginning. That's why the advice has had to be delayed.

I actually think the Army should be deployed in some of these areas. Blackburn,Darwen,Nelson,Rochdale,Bradford and Huddersfield.

Doesn't take rocket science to understand the problem. The communitues either don't give a fuck or are just ignorant to the facts.

I drove through Cheetham Hill this morning near all the clothing wholesalers and it was staggering. Big groups all over the place. Shops rammed and not a mask in sight.

Come on lets get a grip FFS.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, KS Cracovia said:

I actually think the Army should be deployed in some of these areas. Blackburn,Darwen,Nelson,Rochdale,Bradford and Huddersfield.

Doesn't take rocket science to understand the problem. The communitues either don't give a fuck or are just ignorant to the facts.

I drove through Cheetham Hill this morning near all the clothing wholesalers and it was staggering. Big groups all over the place. Shops rammed and not a mask in sight.

Come on lets get a grip FFS.

I live in Rochdale and I see as many Asian heritage people wearing masks as I do White people at the moment. Most people are taking this seriously, only a small minority aren't. I can't speak for what goes on in the pubs at night but I don't expect many Asians will be in there getting pissed.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Multiple generation households , that’s all it is , the curse of religion like the catholic’s in the Latin countries . As a rule the Asians seem to go for the masks more than us whities, however I have seen perhaps some younger lads getting away with some cricket and football when they shouldn’t 

38 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I live in Rochdale and I see as many Asian heritage people wearing masks as I do White people at the moment. Most people are taking this seriously, only a small minority aren't. I can't speak for what goes on in the pubs at night but I don't expect many Asians will be in there getting pissed.

I think it's too early to say what effect the pubs will have on areas, but when 85% of the cases in Blackburn over the last 14 days are from within the Asian community, it's fairly clear where the problem locally is. 

Sixth day in Malta with zero new cases.

Total number of people still with Coronavirus 3.

Fantastic news for those of us fortunate to be here.

However, I am beyond distraught by how this disease is behaving elsewhere.

Hotspots emerging all over Europe including the UK.

Disease out of control in the Americas other than Canada.

Some horror stories now in central Asia. Scarcely any families untouched in Bishkek.

The implications for the world are worsening.

4 hours ago, Gav said:

I know that this sounds far fetched, or does it, I'm not sure, but shouting has been associated with spreading the virus, kind of makes social distancing rules ineffective really.

The advice is being shared in some quarters, churches and mosques being on the list, even though the call to prayer or church services are now carried out using microphones. 

I don't think PHE or the government have released such advice, but its certainly being given out at local levels.

Churches are holding services, if they are holding them at all, without singing. The Methodist Church has sent out very detailed information on what is allowed and not allowed. Full risk assessments have to be done before we can allow anyone on our premises. 5 metre spacing if you want to sing. All chairs have to be removed after every service, cleaned and not reused for at least 72 hours and preferably longer. The preacher has to stand still at the front of church. People wishing to attend would need to book in advance, be met at the door with hand sanitizer etc, be shown to their seats filling in from the front first. The list is endless and goes into immense detail. We've decided not before late September at the earliest and realistically not before Christmas

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, philipl said:

Sixth day in Malta with zero new cases.

Total number of people still with Coronavirus 3.

Fantastic news for those of us fortunate to be here.

However, I am beyond distraught by how this disease is behaving elsewhere.

Hotspots emerging all over Europe including the UK.

Disease out of control in the Americas other than Canada.

Some horror stories now in central Asia. Scarcely any families untouched in Bishkek.

The implications for the world are worsening.

Even the virus isn’t tempted by Malta’s bargain prices 

don’t forget to check on approx 5am uk time 

Edited by Inglorious basturk

The virus is running wild through the Asian community due to large families living together in rows of tightly packed terraced housing in towns like of Blackburn. The mosques have been superb throughout the pandemic only opening recently and observing lockdown through Ramadan and EID celebrations.

The rise in cases is not because Asian families are ignoring the advice, it’s due to their living circumstances.