Why would Chris Whitty tell lies den? This is the UK's chief medical officer.

It has been posted on here numerous times that both him and Valance have been removed from the daily briefings, are giving advice thats being ignored by the government, hardly on the governments side.

What reason would Whitty have to tell lies for the government? 

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Chris Whitty the chief medical officer has today told a commons select committee of MP's that the government followed the lock down advise and did not delay implementing lock down.

Bottom line is, the government DID follow the SAGE advice and locked down when requested.

Thanks for sharing Gav. Not watch it yet after recording it. Tonight watching after the 2 PL games

48 minutes ago, den said:

Patrick Valance gave us the truth last week when he said there was a weeks delay between SAGE telling the govt to lock down and the govt actually doing it. Hancock told us there was no delay, saying advice to stay out of pubs was the lockdown. Which is obviously another lie. Suggesting people might not want to go to the pub isn’t a lockdown. Closing the pubs IS a lockdown.

So Whitty is lying but Vallance is telling the truth even tho he can't even remember the date since he gave 2 different dates. 

Or you want to Vallance to be right cos its fits with your opinion and gives you another tool to bash the Prime Minister and the government with? 

Plus we didnt get Professor Ferguson's data model(imperial College) to the 16th of March so how could you shut down on the same day? 

Here is the report of that model and dated the 16th of March

http://www.imperial.ac.uk/mrc-global-infectious-disease-analysis/covid-19/report-9-impact-of-npis-on-covid-19/

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

It has been posted on here numerous times that both him and Valance have been removed from the daily briefings, are giving advice thats being ignored by the government, hardly on the governments side.

💰💰💰?

1 hour ago, Gav said:

The funeral seems to have been a misunderstanding of the rules, not a blatant flouting by the sound of things.

The mosques and Asian communities have been superb throughout this pandemic here in UK, especially with Ramadan and Eid falling smack bang in the heat of the pandemic, it would be silly to flout the restrictions now in my opinion, I do believe it was a genuine mistake. 

I'd also add that Leeds is the middle of many towns and Citys that have ever increasing infection rates in the UK, major hotspots.

I'm with you again Gav. I was trying to say that it's easy for the media and the general populace to beat the mosque with a naughty stick due to my aforementioned comments.

It does seem to be a mistake. I don't live in East Lancs to see what the Asian community are doing. I hope that they are still being prudent as there is a higher risk due to them living in close quarters oftentimes in multigenerational households. 

2 minutes ago, Mike E said:

💰💰💰?

Do you think Whitty is bothered about Money? But not Vallance. 

39 minutes ago, Gav said:

You tell me?

Ive just given you Lewis Goodall’s take from today’s press briefing where he shows us all how Whitty is lieing. Here it is again.....

Whitty on care homes: “we hadn’t recognised what in retrospect are obvious but were not recognised at the time. Eg, people who were working at multiple homes. People w/o sick leave etc.”

On Newsnight, night after night, we were reporting on these exact issues from late March.

Goodall again... “I’m really surprised by the line taken by Whitty/Harries. If they genuinely believe these weren’t issues known at the time, then govt truly was completely cut off from what was going on on the ground, because it took about 2 mins talking to care home managers before they came up.”.

“The idea that these issues weren’t known is preposterous.”.

so you tell me why he was lieing?

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Or you want to Vallance to be right cos its fits with your opinion and gives you another tool to bash the Prime Minister and the government with? 

The irony of this is off the charts!!!

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Do you think Whitty is bothered about Money? But not Vallance. 

Not particularly, but people in high positions are easily persuaded by money if certain things keep them in certain positions.

Not saying it's happened here, but Gav posed a hypothetical.

2 hours ago, den said:

You tell me?

Ive just given you Lewis Goodall’s take from today’s press briefing where he shows us all how Whitty is lieing. Here it is again.....

Whitty on care homes: “we hadn’t recognised what in retrospect are obvious but were not recognised at the time. Eg, people who were working at multiple homes. People w/o sick leave etc.”

On Newsnight, night after night, we were reporting on these exact issues from late March.

Goodall again... “I’m really surprised by the line taken by Whitty/Harries. If they genuinely believe these weren’t issues known at the time, then govt truly was completely cut off from what was going on on the ground, because it took about 2 mins talking to care home managers before they came up.”.

“The idea that these issues weren’t known is preposterous.”.

so you tell me why he was lieing?

We are discussing the government acting on expert advice, lets not muddy the water.

Whitty isn't lying, neither was Valance, the government locked down when advised to, but it does take time to manoeuvre when 70million people are involved.

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Not particularly, but people in high positions are easily persuaded by money if certain things keep them in certain positions.

Not saying it's happened here, but Gav posed a hypothetical.

Whilst I do agree this is the case in the private sector Mike, the public sector is a different beast.

Money and career can't be held over Chris Whitty, he's a leading expert on decent money, at the top of his payscale, bonuses and pay increases are not at work here.

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

Whilst I do agree this is the case in the private sector Mike, the public sector is a different beast.

Money and career can't be held over Chris Whitty, he's a leading expert on decent money, at the top of his payscale, bonuses and pay increases are not at work here.

Re: legit money, I'd agree. But I'd not put it above our Government to offer bungs when they're already giving their mates free taxpayer money.

1 hour ago, Gav said:

We are discussing the government acting on expert advice, lets not muddy the water.

Whitty isn't lying, neither was Valance, the government locked down when advised to, but it does take time to manoeuvre when 70million people are involved.

The government only got the Model report from Neil Ferguson on the 16th of March. We couldn't shut down the country on the same day. 

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Re: legit money, I'd agree. But I'd not put it above our Government to offer bungs when they're already giving their mates free taxpayer money.

Whilst I'd agree with your assessment of our government, I'd say whitty is pretty straight up. 

5 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

I'd say whitty is pretty straight up. 

I don't why anyone would think otherwise about Chris Whitty

Not saying for one minute that Whitty would be susceptible, just answering Gav's original hypothetical about why anyone would lie for the Government.

Posted (edited)

The whole thing is a money maker . Why would you have someone have corona on a death certificate when it’s a car crash that killed them months later ? 
I know that narrative doesn’t suit the doom fetishists 

oh by the way , Jeff bezos made 13 billion in a day 

bet he gets what he wants 

Edited by Inglorious basturk

3 minutes ago, Inglorious basturk said:

oh by the way , Jeff bezos made 13 million in a day

Errr----make that BILLION! Jeff doesn't deal in small change.

17 minutes ago, 47er said:

Errr----make that BILLION! Jeff doesn't deal in small change.

Sorry yes typo . It’s scary isn’t it . Easy to do if economies are shut down and you have a captive audience 

Saw an amusing point on the failed track and trace app. If you paid a programmer 50k for 4 months you could have hired 260 programmers to work on the tracking app for the 13m they spent on it. Germany's app listed just 17 developers. The irish app costs just shy of 1m to develop. 

World beating....

Had to take my husband for testing today. Went to Nelson. Very unpleasant test to do according to my husband. He struggled to do it properly. I dont think hes got the damned virus anyway, but hes a total hypochondriac so the slightest headache is some deadly plague in normal times. 

The Trump administration has committed to spend $1.95bn on 100m doses of a potential Covid-19 vaccine being developed by Germany’s BioNTech and US pharma group Pfizer, which will be distributed free of charge to American citizens.

The first large-scale supply agreement signed by the White House also includes the option for the US government to purchase a further 500m doses.

Posted (edited)

This plus matts exaggeration On death numbers *

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/matt-hancock-accused-ludicrous-rewriting-22392859.amp

*so will this get us closer to actual deaths ? It will make a mockery of the excess deaths , which people have gone quiet about as they were essentially willing fatality to score political points 

Edited by Inglorious basturk

15 hours ago, philipl said:

The DPH and his team in Blackburn are actually getting on top the virus by following robust procedures at local level, don't believe everything you read in The Guardian.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/18600538.blackburn-darwen-health-boss-were-testing-trouble/