Anyone else with very little idea of what the lockdown rules actually are now?

Just now, den said:

Got to work...don't go to work.

Got to the pub...don't go to the pub.

Got to a restaurant ... but not to your Auntie's.

Book a holiday...don't book a holiday.

Essentially, the usual confused smorgasbord of shite...

5 minutes ago, den said:

Yes you can go in places where you can spend money 

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

but are maintain social distancing of over 2 metres 

Tory good, Labour bad.

Just now, RoverDom said:

Come off it! You must be a parody account surely? 

Unwittingly!

Snippet from the Guardian live blog:-

In Trafford, a mostly-affluent part of Greater Manchester, health officials said younger middle-class residents were behind the recent rise in cases – not the south Asian community.

Eleanor Roaf, Trafford council’s director of public health, said about 57% of the new cases were people aged 25 or below and included those in its wealthiest suburbs, Altrincham and Hale, home to footballers and television stars.

36 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It's not looking good for the start of the new football season.

or life in general!  :(

2 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Got to work...don't go to work.

Got to the pub...don't go to the pub.

Got to a restaurant ... but not to your Auntie's.

Book a holiday...don't book a holiday.

Essentially, the usual confused smorgasbord of shite...

Get married, but don't get married.

Check. never get married. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

At least he's got to trot out his new catchphrase 'hands, face, space' while smirking like a 12 year old.

It'll be heads shoulders knees and toes next.

Or Work sets you free.

Edited by Norbert Rassragr

Jump to the left. Step to the right. Do the time warp.

New slogan. Contradictory advice. No intelligence.

Mishandle everything. Make stuff up. Blame Labour.

Posted (edited)

As soon as I got the instructions from my masters matt and Boris I called my mother while observing social distancing and said mother you must not come for tea . She sagely  agreed and reminded me of the famous proverb 

don’t blame the horse racing when you can blame a Slovakian trucker with a cough 

Edited by Inglorious basturk

Just seen the news with a group of teenage girls, 16-18 yr olds, having got off the train in Brighton. Giggling about ‘don’t touch the handrails’, ‘don’t touch the buttons’, telling the reporter they were packed in like sardines. That age group don’t give a monkeys and it is that age group that will spread the virus. Not all are like that, of course, but the people packed on the beach in Brighton seemed to be young families and groups of teenagers and young adults. I keep banging on about this but you simply can’t tell a significant amount of Britons what to do. If they don’t want to comply, they won’t.

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Other people aren't. People are mixing with different groups throughout the week. You seen this when you drive around different towns or places. Not washing their hands, keep social distancing. One of the reasons why I open shopping at 8am on Thursday cos the store is dead and barely anyone there  

We have met my parents indoors due to weather conditions. Mainly outdoors. 

So since when was I actually allowed to do things like meet family indoors? My daughter wont let us visit her and even outdoors we cant get nearer than 2 metres to any of them. We had to cancel a meetup with my son and his wife because it was raining and she, being pregnant, didn't want to be indoors anywhere. I'm not a very cautious person normally but I dont get why others cant stick to what weve been doing for so long now it's become a normal habit. I'm thankful I'm out of the country atm. Here in France we are so isolated we haven't spoken to anyone. Even on the beach we were easily 10 metres from the nearest person and in the sea a good 20 metres.

4 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Just seen the news with a group of teenage girls, 16-18 yr olds, having got off the train in Brighton. Giggling about ‘don’t touch the handrails’, ‘don’t touch the buttons’, telling the reporter they were packed in like sardines. That age group don’t give a monkeys and it is that age group that will spread the virus. Not all are like that, of course, but the people packed on the beach in Brighton seemed to be young families and groups of teenagers and young adults. I keep banging on about this but you simply can’t tell a significant amount of Britons what to do. If they don’t want to comply, they won’t.

I was just watching the news on BBC TV and they were filming the night life in Manchester tonight. It could have been filmed a year ago. It was as though nothing has happened.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I was just watching the news on BBC TV and they were filming the night life in Manchester tonight. It could have been filmed a year ago. It was as though nothing has happened.

People my age and younger don't seem to give a shit about other people in general, and Covid-19 has just exacerbated that attitude.

3 minutes ago, Mike E said:

People my age and younger don't seem to give a shit about other people in general, and Covid-19 has just exacerbated that attitude.

Good  luck to them repaying   the debt for their attitude.

“There is no economic recovery without a controlled health situation,” said Ángel Talavera, lead eurozone economist at Oxford Economics in London. “It’s not a choice between the two.”

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Mike E said:

Don’t know about that Mike. 750,000 applicants for voluntary service was it? The vast majority of them were young too. 

This isn’t a generational thing. There are just as many older British people who won’t be told what to do. 

Edited by Dreams of 1995

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Don’t know about that Mike. 750,000 applicants for voluntary service was it? The vast majority of them were young too. 

This isn’t a generational thing. There are just as many older British people who won’t be told what to do. 

I think the difference is most " young " people think they'll survive an encounter with the virus. So it's a risk worth taking. When I was that age I'd have probably thought along those lines.  Most " older " people would rather not take the chance. It's a matter of self preservation. I agree that there are " older " people who won't listen either, my mum for one, although she's a lot more sensible about it now

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Mobile Testing Unit is to be moved on Monday 3rd Aug from Witton to Audley Community Centre. Council also asking for under 30's to go for test, even without symptoms. 

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, gumboots said:

So since when was I actually allowed to do things like meet family indoors? My daughter wont let us visit her and even outdoors we cant get nearer than 2 metres to any of them. We had to cancel a meetup with my son and his wife because it was raining and she, being pregnant, didn't want to be indoors anywhere. I'm not a very cautious person normally but I dont get why others cant stick to what weve been doing for so long now it's become a normal habit. I'm thankful I'm out of the country atm. Here in France we are so isolated we haven't spoken to anyone. Even on the beach we were easily 10 metres from the nearest person and in the sea a good 20 metres.

Cos you were allowed to meet one other household as the guidelines from the government

I hope you have a very good time in France Gumboots

Edited by chaddyrovers