Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Yep, you can go to a packed pub where no one adheres to social distancing because they are hammered, but you can't go and sit in your Mum's garden and have a chat over a nice cup of tea.

That's the Tories for you. Utterly clueless. 

To be correct it's the Labour controlled Preston City Council that have asked the Government for the partial lockdown to keep on top of rising numbers. But of course you're right that it's a s a result of the haphazard approach of the Tory Government that numbers have spiked in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fairly buzzing that I moved from one of the affected areas, to the only one that isn’t affected a week ago today tbh....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Fairly buzzing that I moved from one of the affected areas, to the only one that isn’t affected a week ago today tbh....

It’s all academic really . The stream at the bottom of my garden marks the Ribble valley boundary line , 

the Ribble valley and south Ribble won’t see any lockdown as it’s where the whiteys live 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest, I’ve pretty much given up on the rules and did a while ago. 
 

If I’d have followed them to a Tee, I’d have been home bound for months. From the moment the virus was with us, me and my wife took precautions. We stopped going to the pub and kept out of shops - even before the government decided to take any action. 
 

I shouldn’t have even gone for a walk but I did. We took the view that if we kept our distance from people, avoided touching anything while out then washed our hands when we got home we would be okay. I can’t see how you’re going to catch anything under those circumstances. 
 

Basically we just looked after ourselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is number of tests To positives ratio not feature more 

500 tests a day in town a , 80 positives 

100 tests a day in town b 21 positives 

makes the total amounts meaningless 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Just now, den said:

To be honest, I’ve pretty much given up on the rules and did a while ago. 
 

If I’d have followed them to a Tee, I’d have been home bound for months. From the moment the virus was with us, me and my wife took precautions. We stopped going to the pub and kept out of shops - even before the government decided to take any action. 
 

I shouldn’t have even gone for a walk but I did. We took the view that if we kept our distance from people, avoided touching anything while out then washed our hands when we got home we would be okay. I can’t see how you’re going to catch anything under those circumstances. 
 

Basically we just looked after ourselves.

You have to do what your conscience dictates . I suspect that was the intention all along , to read between the lines . 
to wash your hands was a very strange instruction , as was not getting in people’s personal space 

Edited by Inglorious basturk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Inglorious basturk said:

You have to do what your conscience dictates . I suspect that was the intention all along , to read between the lines . 
to wash your hands was a very strange instruction , as was not getting in people’s personal space 

Hot water and soap kills the virus, stops the spread, stop posting such rubbish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Gav said:

Hot water and soap kills the virus, stops the spread, stop posting such rubbish.

Thanks Boris , I meant It’s strange to be told to wash your hands . It’s a given 

Edited by Inglorious basturk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Inglorious basturk said:

It’s strange to be told to wash your hands . It’s a given 

Fair enough, my apologies, I assumed you were questioning the reasoning.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Inglorious basturk said:

Why is number of tests To positives ratio not feature more 

500 tests a day in town a , 80 positives 

100 tests a day in town b 21 positives 

makes the total amounts meaningless 

Totally. For all this "second wave" hysteria theres not been anything in the way of increased hospital admissions or deaths. 

The process seems to be 

1. Notice a minor increase in cases 

2. Test the hell out of that town / area

3. Panic because the number of positive cases is going up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Totally. For all this "second wave" hysteria theres not been anything in the way of increased hospital admissions or deaths. 

The process seems to be 

1. Notice a minor increase in cases 

2. Test the hell out of that town / area

3. Panic because the number of positive cases is going up. 

In all cases about 0.05 percent of the town 

 

also 

boss I can’t come into work 

ok what’s up ?

nothing no symptoms 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Totally. For all this "second wave" hysteria theres not been anything in the way of increased hospital admissions or deaths. 

The process seems to be 

1. Notice a minor increase in cases 

2. Test the hell out of that town / area

3. Panic because the number of positive cases is going up. 

The last set of 7 day recorded figures were the lowest deaths since before lockdown in March.

Covid accounted for 2.5% of UK deaths.

Yes, we all still need to be cautious and sensible, but this hysteria is getting a bit OTT. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Totally. For all this "second wave" hysteria theres not been anything in the way of increased hospital admissions or deaths. 

The process seems to be 

1. Notice a minor increase in cases 

2. Test the hell out of that town / area

3. Panic because the number of positive cases is going up. 

Most likely true, but we need to remain overly cautious imo, particularly as winter returns. Need to be sure it doesn't surge up.

At least numbers going up BECAUSE of testing shows we have a handle of sorts on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Totally. For all this "second wave" hysteria theres not been anything in the way of increased hospital admissions or deaths. 

The process seems to be 

1. Notice a minor increase in cases 

2. Test the hell out of that town / area

3. Panic because the number of positive cases is going up. 

The death rates this week have almost double Dom, the second wave is very much with us and has been for a while in certain areas of the country.

In Preston the increase is mainly amongst the under 30's, some of which believe they're invincible and its all a conspiracy. Whilst these people are not in the at risk group, there parents, grandparents and neighbours are, the guidelines must be followed, not ignored.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gav said:

The death rates this week have almost double Dom, the second wave is very much with us and has been for a while in certain areas of the country.

In Preston the increase is mainly amongst the under 30's, some of which believe they're invincible and its all a conspiracy. Whilst these people are not in the at risk group, there parents, grandparents and neighbours are, the guidelines must be followed, not ignored.

 

 

I haven't seen the recent confirmed figures, but even if deaths have doubled it still means 95% of deaths in UK were entirely unconnected. 

Of course guidelines and rules still need followed. And at risk groups and elderly should be protected. 

My parents are 80 and will mainly be in their house till Xmas at least. Gonna b no fun for them but it's the way it's gotta be. 

My brother's father in law has just finished a bout of chemo for prostate cancer so them and their household are being extra careful.

BUT...the rest of us that are in a decent age bracket and fit and healthy (as far as we know) have to just crack on and get on it with it. 

This press hysteria is scaring people to pieces. I've heard people saying they don't want to go back to work in September when schools go back. That's a month away ffs. It could get better, could get worse of course. But when I hear them say "I don't feel comfortable yet", I'm sorry all I hear is lazy twat.

You sit back and relax then and the rest of us will continue to try and save the economy. Unreal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m afraid the death rates are irrelevant 

1 what is recorded as nobody needs telling are accumulated 

 

2 phe admitted they’ve pull the figures out of their arse 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Silas said:

I haven't seen the recent confirmed figures, but even if deaths have doubled it still means 95% of deaths in UK were entirely unconnected. 

Of course guidelines and rules still need followed. And at risk groups and elderly should be protected. 

My parents are 80 and will mainly be in their house till Xmas at least. Gonna b no fun for them but it's the way it's gotta be. 

My brother's father in law has just finished a bout of chemo for prostate cancer so them and their household are being extra careful.

BUT...the rest of us that are in a decent age bracket and fit and healthy (as far as we know) have to just crack on and get on it with it. 

This press hysteria is scaring people to pieces. I've heard people saying they don't want to go back to work in September when schools go back. That's a month away ffs. It could get better, could get worse of course. But when I hear them say "I don't feel comfortable yet", I'm sorry all I hear is lazy twat.

You sit back and relax then and the rest of us will continue to try and save the economy. Unreal. 

Try telling that the Iman who was on our local news saying he's buried 3 members of the same family over the past 4wks and requests for funerals have started to increase again.

Its not being rammed down everyone throats any longer, the daily briefings are mostly a thing of the past to help boost the economy, but its dire in many places currently and its getting worse.

These lock downs are a last resort, they're not being done to inconvenience people, they're being done to try and stop the spread.

Cracking on is all well and good, I hope it doesn't come back to kick anyone in the arse.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gav said:

The death rates this week have almost double Dom, the second wave is very much with us and has been for a while in certain areas of the country.

In Preston the increase is mainly amongst the under 30's, some of which believe they're invincible and its all a conspiracy. Whilst these people are not in the at risk group, there parents, grandparents and neighbours are, the guidelines must be followed, not ignored.

 

 

Covid deaths in hospitals in england is down. The PHE 'deaths of people including those who have had a postive covid test, fully recovered and then got hit by a bus' may well be slightly up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Fairly buzzing that I moved from one of the affected areas, to the only one that isn’t affected a week ago today tbh....

Not quite K-Hod. there are 14 districts in Lancashire, 6 with some form of lockdown and 8 without.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Inglorious basturk said:

the Ribble valley and south Ribble won’t see any lockdown as it’s where the whiteys live 

Generally true but maybe my Jamaican neighbour across the road John might disagree. But in any event the young "whiteys" in Preston are just as much to blame as the South Asian community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RoverDom said:

Totally. For all this "second wave" hysteria theres not been anything in the way of increased hospital admissions or deaths. 

The process seems to be 

1. Notice a minor increase in cases 

2. Test the hell out of that town / area

3. Panic because the number of positive cases is going up. 

More young people are getting it who are less likely to need hospital treatment.

Cases are only just starting to increase so there'll be a lag of about 3 weeks before hospitals see any increase in admissions.

Also, it isn't a 'second wave' really, it's just a small resurgence of the first. At the peak we were at about 5k new cases a day nationally. It's only just started to creep up to 1k from about 500 a day a few weeks ago. The problem is if it gets out of hand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Covid deaths in hospitals in england is down. The PHE 'deaths of people including those who have had a postive covid test, fully recovered and then got hit by a bus' may well be slightly up. 

Deaths from Covid19 yesterday was 98, the day before it was in 50’s, but I agree some could be bus accidents and we have a lag in the data.

Regardless, the further local lock downs here and across the globe gives us a clue as to what’s happening.

People need to remain vigilant, but it’s tough with the Tory shit show on messaging.

Edited by Gav

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Generally true but maybe my Jamaican neighbour across the road John might disagree. But in any event the young "whiteys" in Preston are just as much to blame as the South Asian community.

Well we both know that don’t we but I’d like to see the bullingdon club shut down Devon on Xmas eve

the reason it’s rife in local bame community is 1 their family dynamic In small housing and 2 so many Asians are front line , shops taxis hospitals. Matt didn’t even have the bollocks to say that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

758 cases today down on the same day last week. Meanwhile 450 a day die of cancer not to mention other illnesses which is only going to get worse if we continue to live in a perpetual state of fear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.