24 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

758 cases today down on the same day last week. Meanwhile 450 a day die of cancer not to mention other illnesses which is only going to get worse if we continue to live in a perpetual state of fear. 

You talk about a perpetual state of fear, do you just ignore the lock down? say in Preston with the rest of the under 30’s?

How about Blackburn with Darwen? Kirklees or Calderdale? 

The virus is spreading like wildfire, people are dying, it’s not a game or a conspiracy, it’s very real.

Take it from me, if we don’t get a handle on this rise in infections soon, things will get far worse than they currently are.

Just now, Gav said:

You talk about a perpetual state of fear, do you just ignore the lock down? say in Preston with the rest of the under 30’s?

How about Blackburn with Darwen? Kirklees or Calderdale? 

The virus is spreading like wildfire, people are dying, it’s not a game or a conspiracy, it’s very real.

Take it from me, if we don’t get a handle on this rise in infections soon, things will get far worse than they currently are.

I take reasonable precautions to avoid spreading anything without continuing to spread the "if you leave the house you will die" narrative that some keen on pedaling. I never said it's a hoax but we need to get some perspective alongside economic damage and other illnesses that haven't suddenly taken a 6 month holiday since coronavirus started. 

1 hour ago, RoverDom said:

I take reasonable precautions to avoid spreading anything without continuing to spread the "if you leave the house you will die" narrative that some keen on pedaling. I never said it's a hoax but we need to get some perspective alongside economic damage and other illnesses that haven't suddenly taken a 6 month holiday since coronavirus started. 

What do you suggest? Let it spread? The Tories went for that approach early on before they realised the NHS would be overwhelmed. It would still have been overwhelmed if they hadn't sent the elderly to die in Care Homes instead. 

6 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

What do you suggest? Let it spread? The Tories went for that approach early on before they realised the NHS would be overwhelmed. It would still have been overwhelmed if they hadn't sent the elderly to die in Care Homes instead. 

We seem to have a very binary approach to this. Either you take covid with severe caution or youre an reckless irresponsible super spreader... I'm merely trying to reduce the hysteria going on. 

Ive always said we cant keep the economy locked down until we find a vaccine, it's not in the slightest bit practical and we cant keep pushing other illnesses down the to do list. We're going to have to learn to live with it which to a degree i think we have. We cant go shutting down the economy everytime a handful of people who dont actually have symptoms produce a positive test. 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, RoverDom said:

Either you take covid with severe caution or youre an reckless irresponsible super spreader... I'm merely trying to reduce the hysteria going on. 

I'm not sure who you're speaking for there but most people I know just take the necessary precautions not reduce their chance of catching it. Some go to the pub, some don't feel comfortable etc. It's laso depends how vulnerable a person feels - younger people don't have the same fear as older folk, but that gores for most things in life.

The real fruitcakes are the ones that call it a hoax or won't wear a mask because it infringes on their 'freedoms'. Ignorant selfish morons. 

As for the economy I agree...but I'd close down pubs in a heartbeat if they continue to be responsible for spreading. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

Posted (edited)

We have hundreds of very highly skilled and dedicated directors of public health/Teams who are looking after the public during this pandemic, they’re always looking after the public, you just never hear about it.

Hancock has passed responsibility for local lock down to those local teams across the country, granted he then closes places down himself at 9pm the night before EID......But in the main, these local experts are doing a tremendous job, all they ask for us public support, follow the rules, not that hard really.

Edited by Gav

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I'm not sure who you're speaking for there but most people I know just take the necessary precautions not reduce their chance of catching it. Some go to the pub, some don't feel comfortable etc. It's laso depends how vulnerable a person feels - younger people don't have the same fear as older folk, but that gores for most things in life.

The real fruitcakes are the ones that call it a hoax or won't wear a mask because it infringes on their 'freedoms'. Ignorant selfish morons. 

As for the economy I agree...but I'd close down pubs in a heartbeat if they continue to be responsible for spreading. 

I was more referring to peoples perceptions of others being fairly binary rather than peoples actions if that makes sense. Its almost like if you try and temper the talk of a second wave you're guilty of just being a reckless under 30. I'd say I fall into what you've described as most people. I would say my actions through out lockdown have been based on common sense more than the strict letter of the guidance. 

The mask thing i agree with. People refusing to wear them because they just dont want to are idiots. I do worry however that some people are wearing totally ineffective face coverings, or wearing them wrong but then think they have an increased level of protection so can take bigger risks. 

2 hours ago, RoverDom said:

I was more referring to peoples perceptions of others being fairly binary rather than peoples actions if that makes sense. Its almost like if you try and temper the talk of a second wave you're guilty of just being a reckless under 30. I'd say I fall into what you've described as most people. I would say my actions through out lockdown have been based on common sense more than the strict letter of the guidance. 

The mask thing i agree with. People refusing to wear them because they just dont want to are idiots. I do worry however that some people are wearing totally ineffective face coverings, or wearing them wrong but then think they have an increased level of protection so can take bigger risks. 

Tbf, anything that would stop your breath being visible in winter is appropriate, as it's the water vapour that is most concerning.

Something as simple as a Buff/Snood folded down works well.

Anything where if you hold your hand in front of your mouth and breathe out forcefully and cannot feel your breath works fine for just pottering about in public.

That's from NHS staff.

22 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Tbf, anything that would stop your breath being visible in winter is appropriate, as it's the water vapour that is most concerning.

Something as simple as a Buff/Snood folded down works well.

Anything where if you hold your hand in front of your mouth and breathe out forcefully and cannot feel your breath works fine for just pottering about in public.

That's from NHS staff.

I was thinking more of the old lady with a crocheted face covering getting all up in my personal space at morrisons 😂

6 hours ago, philipl said:

Its almost as if the only way we will see an end is for the virus to fade out naturally, and we don't know if even that is possible. No doubt we live amongst idiots. We see them every day on the road like a driver towing a caravan today going through a red light, thankfully the prat made it It.

Started with stay at home, then stay alert, social distanced, wear a mask in public places, don't visit other households ......... yet many just do not care to follow the rules and respect human lives. Hard to believe with all the upsetting stories amidst these historic days that one study shows 13% (1 in 8 people) believe this pandemic is just a way to get everyone vaccinated. 

1 hour ago, Cherry Blue said:

Hard to believe with all the upsetting stories amidst these historic days that one study shows 13% (1 in 8 people) believe this pandemic is just a way to get everyone vaccinated. 

Legit, the pandemic is all one big con for Bill Gates to inject us with mind altering drugs and autism. 

1 hour ago, RoverDom said:

Legit, the pandemic is all one big con for Bill Gates to inject us with mind altering drugs and autism. 

Nah, it's George Soros who's to blame.

At least we know we are in deep trouble with Covid after having previously managed it well. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-53723398 The UK totally screwing up test trace and track whereas Malta has a 95% success rate in tracing and tracking and the number of tests done is rapidly approaching the equivalent of 50% of the population.

Something welcome but very strange is happening and the Times (paywall) is drawing attention to the same phenomenon in the UK. We are far enough into this new wave that people are recovering - only one out of the 415 active cases (including the 120 in boat people rescued from the Mediterranean) has required hospitalisation so far. In the UK hospital admissions have dropped from 17,000 per day in April to 700 now.

I don't think anybody knows why this is.

52 minutes ago, philipl said:

At least we know we are in deep trouble with Covid after having previously managed it well. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-53723398 The UK totally screwing up test trace and track whereas Malta has a 95% success rate in tracing and tracking and the number of tests done is rapidly approaching the equivalent of 50% of the population.

Something welcome but very strange is happening and the Times (paywall) is drawing attention to the same phenomenon in the UK. We are far enough into this new wave that people are recovering - only one out of the 415 active cases (including the 120 in boat people rescued from the Mediterranean) has required hospitalisation so far. In the UK hospital admissions have dropped from 17,000 per day in April to 700 now.

I don't think anybody knows why this is.

Well it’s being phased out isn’t it . 

the majority of cases are asymptomatic which is quite frankly hilarious . 

Speaking of the times paywall 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/three-coronavirus-death-tolls-as-authorities-disagree-x7tk3tms7

looks like actual deaths to be reported and they will be significantly lower , 

many of us saw this going on , then the phe announcement about how a bus can kill you and it’s still a corona death. 

however the money has been made now on the the death Certs by matt and cronies 

1 hour ago, Inglorious basturk said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/three-coronavirus-death-tolls-as-authorities-disagree-x7tk3tms7

many of us saw this going on , then the phe announcement about how a bus can kill you and it’s still a corona death. 

I am not a conspiracy nut but a trusted friend at work told me how a family friend sadly passed away during all of this. It was a heart attack and the world knew it- the doctors told them that in order to have the body released for a timely funeral they should put Covid-19 on the death cert. If they didn't they'd have to wait for a test to be completed, and could delay it by a matter of days. In order to push the process along they agreed to allowing Covid to be registered.

Can't say for certain how many times across the thousands of recorded deaths, however it is clear in some isolated cases it has happened.

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I am not a conspiracy nut but a trusted friend at work told me how a family friend sadly passed away during all of this. It was a heart attack and the world knew it- the doctors told them that in order to have the body released for a timely funeral they should put Covid-19 on the death cert. If they didn't they'd have to wait for a test to be completed, and could delay it by a matter of days. In order to push the process along they agreed to allowing Covid to be registered.

Can't say for certain how many times across the thousands of recorded deaths, however it is clear in some isolated cases it has happened.

Yes that has been said a lot . 
my relative had a stroke then an infection they gave him a matter of hours to live . At that point they tested for Covid ( he had no symptoms ) . 
he died .

the results came back , we were off record informed by a nurse that 

1 someone already so weak would test positive 

2 Covid an a cert was worth 3 times as much to the nhs trust as if it didn’t ( crisis conditions )

2 hours ago, Inglorious basturk said:

Anything outside excess deaths is a side show. 

45 minutes ago, den said:

Anything outside excess deaths is a side show. 

Excess deaths answers one question only. Theres a looming cancer (and other health conditions) crisis where a number of excess deaths will soon be attributable to non-covid related illnesses. At that point the excess deaths becomes meaningless in terms of measuring how dangerous covid is. 

Just now, RoverDom said:

Excess deaths answers one question only. Theres a looming cancer (and other health conditions) crisis where a number of excess deaths will soon be attributable to non-covid related illnesses. At that point the excess deaths becomes meaningless in terms of measuring how dangerous covid is. 

Maybe there are 32 billion excess deaths but it’s starting to look more and more like a lot are not ‘Covid ‘