4 hours ago, 47er said:

Nonsense Philip. Everything I said is true.

It should have been done in such a way that Russia did not feel threatened or humiliated.

Its called diplomacy

Having a very close affinity with the Baltic States I am sticking to my guns on this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Museum_of_Occupations_and_Freedom_Fights

My ex-wife was imprisoned there.

6 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Go on then what?

This may just come as a surprise to you, but if you're going to make outlandish claims on a messageboard you are expected to at least try and back them up, otherwise you'll end up talking to yourself.

You don't think Russia was involved in Salisbury, can you explain why?

Just now, Gav said:

This may just come as a surprise to you, but if you're going to make outlandish claims on a messageboard you are expected to at least try and back them up, otherwise you'll end up talking to yourself.

You don't think Russia was involved in Salisbury, can you explain why?

Lack of evidence. In this country we have a presumption of innocence until proven guilty and there has been not been any solid evidence produced to show that the Russian state was responsible for the attack. Perhaps the Russian state did authorise it but if that is the case then let's see the evidence and answer some of the questions that need to be answered. 

6 hours ago, Gav said:

Supporting/funding terrorism around the globe - Very impressive

Are you going to provide some examples of Russia funding/supporting terrorism around the world or is that just another comment that you are not willing to back up?

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Lack of evidence. In this country we have a presumption of innocence until proven guilty and there has been not been any solid evidence produced to show that the Russian state was responsible for the attack. Perhaps the Russian state did authorise it but if that is the case then let's see the evidence and answer some of the questions that need to be answered. 

Are you going to provide some examples of Russia funding/supporting terrorism around the world or is that just another comment that you are not willing to back up?

Here is your evidence:

The crown prosecution services have concluded that there is enough evidence to bring charges against two Russian nationals for the following crimes: the conspiracy to murder Sergei Skripal; the attempted murder of Sergei and Yulia Skripal and Detective Sergeant Nick Bailey; the use and possession of Novichok; and causing grievous bodily harm with intent to Yulia Skripal and Nick Bailey.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/cps/news/cps-statement-salisbury

Edited by Gav

Yeah, them boys really did come to see the cathedral. They only stopped 48 hours mind you, and then decided to make the 5hour plane journey back to Moscow because they didn't fancy stopping in London.
Visited the "beautiful" Salisbury cathedral but not one other London tourist attraction in their pitstop visits to the U.K.

Nevermind the fact that an independent investigation found them to be - suspected and never proven because Russia won't release the records - to be former military men.

Nevermind the fact that it is really unusual for two former military/intelligence officers to decide, on a whim, to fly a 10hr round flight to look at a cathedral.

Oh, and Skirpal, the defector, in terms of evidence one is usually 'motive' and there's probably no bigger motive than ex-KGB President of a hostile nation to getting one over on someone who has been seen to betray the mighty Russian state.

In any case it is a waste of time, he cites Russophobia but one has a suspicion he has a bit of Russophilia about him.

1 minute ago, Gav said:

Here is your evidence:

The crown prosecution services have concluded that there is enough evidence to bring charges against two Russian nationals for the following crimes: the conspiracy to murder Sergei Skripal; the attempted murder of Sergei and Yulia Skripal and Detective Sergeant Nick Bailey; the use and possession of Novichok; and causing grievous bodily harm with intent to Yulia Skripal and Nick Bailey.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/cps/news/cps-statement-salisbury

There is a big difference though between being charged and being found guilty. Perhaps the two gentlemen in question did do it although I have my doubts, but even if they did that does not mean that the Russian state were behind it.  

7 hours ago, Gav said:

Supporting/funding terrorism around the globe - Very impressive

Have you thought of a few examples yet?

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Oh, and Skirpal, the defector, in terms of evidence one is usually 'motive' and there's probably no bigger motive than ex-KGB President of a hostile nation to getting one over on someone who has been seen to betray the mighty Russian state.

Complete nonsense and portraying the stereotypical image of Russia that the western MSM likes to portray.

Yes of course just before Russia was about to host the biggest sporting event in the world where the eyes of the world would be on Russia. President Putin decided to try to kill a swapped spy in Salisbury, who no one had ever heard of and who had been swapped a full 8 years previous.

2 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

In any case it is a waste of time, he cites Russophobia but one has a suspicion he has a bit of Russophilia about him.

Brilliant you've unmasked me, whatever gave you that idea. Perhaps it was in a previous post on here where I said I would class myself as a Russophile. 

33 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Have you thought of a few examples yet?

image.thumb.png.91494e6631fed727ebb63ad3863103ca.png

image.png.ee429ebc9954f40bc8fe9734d91ba4cd.png

http://euromaidanpress.com/2014/12/07/fsb-colonel-girkin-tells-details-of-how-russia-invaded-ukraine-in-twice-censored-interview/

I'm quite interested in your view on the Belarussian situation, given there are reports the police are attacking Russian news crews, and Lukashenko's fractious relationship with Putin.

Just now, Dreyski said:

Russia had to step in in the Ukraine in order to protect it's own borders, personally I think that was justified in taking the action is has done. Russia is constantly under political attack from the west and after seeing a US and EU backed coup succeeding in a bordering country it had to act to protect itself because as was saw in 1941 the easiest way to attack Russia is through the Ukraine. But it is hardly an example of Russia supporting/funding terrorism around the globe as @Gav said. 

Just now, Dreyski said:

I'm quite interested in your view on the Belarussian situation, given there are reports the police are attacking Russian news crews, and Lukashenko's fractious relationship with Putin.

I think that both sides are being foolish. Lukashenko needs Russia for economic reasons and Russia is much better of having Lukashenko as the leader of Belarus than a neo liberal pro EU, pro NATO hawk which if the west got their way would replace him.

There's one very good reason to dislike Russia - the food. It's horrible. Now I'll eat just about anything but I spent probably the worst week of my life in Russia in 1980 when I hardly ate because the food was so abominable. Boy, was I glad to get home if only to get something edible

Anyway, the Russians historically haven't liked us or trust us, so why should we like them? Interesting country though, and the women are stunning. 

38 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

There's one very good reason to dislike Russia - the food. It's horrible. Now I'll eat just about anything but I spent probably the worst week of my life in Russia in 1980 when I hardly ate because the food was so abominable. Boy, was I glad to get home if only to get something edible

Anyway, the Russians historically haven't liked us or trust us, so why should we like them? Interesting country though, and the women are stunning. 

Imagine my surprise on reading the menu in the restaurant at the Moscow restaurant I was staying at in 2017,to find ear on the menu. White ear, no less. 

Whose it was, I have no idea

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Even the shot-putters and hammer throwers?

8 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

I have no idea Chaddy that is not really a question for me but for the people overseeing the vaccine. 

Cos you mention it on the forum but questions should be where is the Phase 3 trials and the data from Phase 1 and 2 trials.

Has any major nations took their public announcement seriously? Would you take the Russian's vaccine? 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cos you mention it on the forum but questions should be where is the Phase 3 trials and the data from Phase 1 and 2 trials.

Has any major nations took their public announcement seriously? Would you take the Russian's vaccine? 

You can't do three phases in two months is it? Nonsense. 

First patient first visit for the first trial was back in March I think. If we get a widely available vaccine before September next year, that will be a stunning result. 

Think I'll pass on the Russian vaccine, ta. Would rather take my chances skinny dipping on chernobyl sea front

Edited by broadsword

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Has any major nations took their public announcement seriously? 

Well they have already had orders for 1 Billion doses from 20 countries. So yes other countries are taking it very seriously. 

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Well they have already had orders for 1 Billion doses from 20 countries. So yes other countries are taking it very seriously. 

Interesting question from chaddy which you side stepped, would you take the Russian vaccine? 

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

which major nations are these? 

Also Would you take the Russian Vaccine yourself?

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, broadsword said:

You can't do three phases in two months is it? Nonsense. 

First patient first visit for the first trial was back in March I think. If we get a widely available vaccine before September next year, that will be a stunning result. 

Think I'll pass on the Russian vaccine, ta. Would rather take my chances skinny dipping on chernobyl sea front

Why should you never wear Russian underpants?

Because Chernobyl fall out

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Interesting question from chaddy which you side stepped, would you take the Russian vaccine? 

It's a completely pointless question because I am never likely to have the opportunity to take it. Even if it were to be the greatest vaccine ever, this country would not use it because of the country that has developed it. If I did live in Russia or a country that have ordered it then I would do what I will do when or if we have a vaccine in this country and that is to read up on it and come to an educated decision.

Edited by Ewood Ace

6 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Why should you never wear Russian underpants?

Because Chernobyl fall out

You're here all week! (But you don't recommend the chicken Kiev 👍

3 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

I can only assume you didn't get the chance to eat any home-cooked stuff (in the 1980's, perhaps not) but linking a country's culinary reputation with a surly Inturist hotel is a bit lazy Jim.

That last sentence sounds awfully American - hang your head in shame! 😉

This pathetic shower will do everything in their power to kid joe public, but they won’t fool the experts.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

But there hasn't been 28 days in August yet? Or am I being thick?

Edited by Mike E