11 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Might have to go long Den (if you still can).

I would look ridiculous KH. 
not just that, but I’m one of the higher risk people who’s been staying at home and started decorating. Where am I going to get my polyfilla now that shops are closing? Stripped the walls now I’m stuck.

Once again Rishi super impressive, he’ll be PM one day 

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

Leader of the opposition Tom.

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

Boris looks rough. He's aged about 5 years.

Seems to happen to every PM though.

Well, without going through that with a fine tooth comb, it looks pretty impressive and far more than I expected. I don’t particularly like the Tories but Rishi Sunak speaks eloquently, intelligently and handles the undoubted pressure with seeming ease. 

2 minutes ago, den said:

Leader of the opposition Tom.

😂😂

Touche Den. 

Just reading the hard luck kids story.

"No exams, no proms, no end-of-year celebrations, school trips, sports days, shows, or discos. No farewells to friends and teachers, or signatures on shirts. No nights out to celebrate the end of exams."

Initial feeling was sadness but then I thought about kids during the last world war... Snowflake kids today might be a bit stronger as adults from a bit of hardship. 

The old racist Tories in the shires won't vote for a man of Indian descent as leader. And does the country need another privately educated Oxford PPE graduate in No 10?

No thanks 

Just saw Italy had 627 dead in one day.

They are really having it bad there. 4032 dead now. They must be praying for the first day it goes down.

Did I mishear this... I thought he said originally that shops had to close.

Pubs seem very busy tonight. People deciding to have a last drink before we go into total lockdown.

Next week it will be army on the streets.

All the Brexiteers will be cramming into Wetherspoons tonight for the last supper. 

38 minutes ago, Tom said:

I hope it’s not all talk ... I find it wierd being impressed by a Tory . Boris caught in the headlights as ever 

anyway folks let’s lock down and get through this whatever it may be 

love and thoughts to all 

19 minutes ago, den said:

Did I mishear this... I thought he said originally that shops had to close.

Yes .... did Rishi say something he’s not supposed to ?

3 hours ago, den said:

Anyone tell me how I can get a haircut in the next 3/6/12 months?

Had one in Bodmin this morning.

44 minutes ago, Tom said:

Cummings puppet Tom, that makes him qualified, for now......

The economic fallout from all this will be huge, even worse long term than the virus itself. The Red Wall voters getting excited because the potholes might be filled are going to be disappointed.  

57 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Just saw Italy had 627 dead in one day.

They are really having it bad there. 4032 dead now. They must be praying for the first day it goes down.

Not to worry the pope has asked his invisible friend to end the virus. Would think Italy will be one the first to receive the magic touch

Again the government have come out fighting, covering 80% of workers salaries up to £2500 a month. Increasing welfare payments and making them available a month in advance!!

HOW ABOUT PAYING REGULAR UC PAYMENTS THE SAME?

1 hour ago, den said:

not just that, but I’m one of the higher risk people who’s been staying at home and started decorating. Where am I going to get my polyfilla now that shops are closing? Stripped the walls now I’m stuck.

A nice problem to have there Den, don’t take it for granted mate! 

I can’t help with your second problem though...

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, den said:

For small cracks (insert Frankie Howard image )  flour, salt (3to1 ish  ratio) a drop of paint (water based) mix it into a thick paste  :

Source: old decorator who i served part of my apprenticeship with, didnt believe him but he brought some in and showed me .*

Amazing how the memory is jogged when something like this crops up

*Edit, he used it to fill between skirting and wall and cracks in the door frame, can't attest for its longevity though

Edited by perthblue02

RIP freedom of choice. Not poor old Boris's fault but he's having to fall in line with the over-reaction everywhere else in the world so as not to look out on a limb.

If I thought the over-reaction in cancelling all sport was bad enough it's nothing to what's happening now.

Can't believe how much people are lapping up being told what they can and can't do. It won't have escaped the notice of the World's Governments that they now only have to say "jump" and everyone goes "how high". We're at the thin end of a very dangerous wedge.

Dangerous times. And nothing whatsoever to do with the bloody virus.

49 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

RIP freedom of choice. Not poor old Boris's fault but he's having to fall in line with the over-reaction everywhere else in the world so as not to look out on a limb.

If I thought the over-reaction in cancelling all sport was bad enough it's nothing to what's happening now.

Can't believe how much people are lapping up being told what they can and can't do. It won't have escaped the notice of the World's Governments that they now only have to say "jump" and everyone goes "how high". We're at the thin end of a very dangerous wedge.

Dangerous times. And nothing whatsoever to do with the bloody virus.

Daftest post on here for a long, long time.