Sign in to follow this  
Montyburns

Coronavirus

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

you’d get a much easier ride on here.

Being wrong isn’t the end of the world, we’ve all been wrong about something at one point!

Get well soon.

don't be daft, me get an easy ride on here? :lol:

Still people are bringing in Brexit and Playing politics with a national crisis. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

We don't have the answer where I got the virus from do we?

The people I went to Cheltenham with haven't got any symptoms or any of their family members or friends

Good for your money is safe. 

Yes but which is more likely? 

Come on, just admit this was a mistake. We all make them! It's the not admitting them and the stupid excuses (like the delivery driver giving it you) that get people irked. 

Also it's worth saying whilst we don't know for certain all the evidence points that way. You do hate evidence and logic don't you? 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Still people are bringing in Brexit and Playing politics with a national crisis. 

K-Hod didn't bring in either, but you just did so as to not answer his simple question or take his simple point. 

You really, really bring it on yourself. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I did go. All football matches was going ahead until Friday dinner time. 

Its day 5, the illness is getting better, less tired, fever gone, coughing less powerful but still there. Still no taste bugs tho. 

Thanks Joey

Yet again I gave a likely cause of where I caught the symptoms. That's is all. We have had deliveries from overseas so it could be likely cause just as much as going to Cheltenham. But you love to blame people who went to one of British greatest sporting event. 

But yet again Jim, all you want to do is bring politics and Brexit into the debate at every opportunity. You are so bitter and twist about Brexit decision. We have a vote and the majority of voters who voted decide to vote to leave. Time to get over yourselves.  

thanks Tom

What do you mean with this sort of comment like this "if he is ill with this illness"? 

Lets look to that Friday, when all football games was on and going ahead until the Premier League and Football league were called off at dinner time, but the Rugby league, horse racing and Conference football all went ahead that Friday and weekend. 

I didn't put the blame on a foreign driver but gave a likely cause to how I got the symptoms. Clearly you enjoying blaming British people but lets not blame any European people. 

Foolishly they were going ahead, until arguably it was stopped for the wrong reason. The main risk was the hoardes of fans congregating in close proximity, and ultimately it was a manager contracting the virus that was the tipping point.

Its irrelevant if its one of "British's greatest sporting events" what is blatantly obvious that it was a huge and unnecessary risk to the health of the British public. The likelihood is you caught it there and your lack of responsibility even now is rather galling to be honest.

You know if you have symptoms you are meant to be in a room by yourself? I highly doubt that is happening.....

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Whereas you play the anti-foreigner card. You mix with thousands of British race-goers but feel its more likely you caught this off a single foreign driver who popped in for a few minutes.

How many British drivers did you encounter at work in the same period? Why is it not as likely or more likely depending on numbers to be one of them?

Very poor show from you. 

8 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

You are way more diplomatic than me! 

But this is it in essence. 

I’m not even going to comment as I’d fail miserably to be diplomatic . I just feel sad that people behave like this and even sadder that they can’t just admit to being wrong . 
probably a skive anyways 

Robert Peston, who appears to be the governments unofficial spokesman at the moment is speculating that a Spanish style almost total lock down is coming as early as tomorrow.

We are in touch with friends  out in Spain and it really is draconian. Even our little village ( pop about 2,000 ) has a Guardia Civil barracks and the Guardia are patrolling constantly. These are guys you don't mess with. If you see a marked up Nissan Terrano ( their vehicle of choice in our area ) go the other way.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

15 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Robert Preston, who appears to be the governments unofficial spokesman at the moment is speculating that a Spanish style almost total lock down is coming as early as tomorrow.

We are in touch with friends  out in Spain and it really is draconian. Even our little village ( pop about 2,000 ) has a Guardia Civil barracks and the Guardia are patrolling constantly. These are guys you don't mess with. If you see a marked up Nissan Terrano ( their vehicle of choice in our area ) go the other way.

Yes, I have to say the Spanish police don't have the customer service skills that a British or Irish officer would have. I would certainly agree with your advice to go the other way! 

My missus is Polish and the police over there are something else. It seems they are all at least 6 foot 2 and highly mobile at that. A few years ago they "caught" us drinking in a park whilst waiting for a taxi, just had 1 bottle each. It was obvious the instruction to stop was not a guideline. Like they would literally throw you in a cell for a few days if you disobeyed in anyway. 

It's going to have to be the same here if people don't follow the guidelines Sad, but true. Great time to be a dictator, unfortunately. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

22 minutes ago, 47er said:

Let's remember Italy has the biggest number of deaths from Coronavirus. We are on the same trajectory as them but 2 weeks behind.

Unless things change very substantially, deaths in Britain will increase exponentially.

Changes Boris hasn't the guts for have to come very quickly indeed or its a disaster in the making.

No O.T.T, no fake news, no melodrama---an absolute disaster.

The nature of the virus means the writing was on the wall as soon as soon as the first case was reported in the UK, but the word is, full lock down is coming, probably in the next 24hrs, but time will tell.

31 minutes ago, 47er said:

Reading Gumboots, things have reached a poor state when she was put off criticising Chaddy's post for fear of being accused of bullying him.

People think that poster is bullied and others think he is protected by the mods. Neither of these is true. 

It still shocks me that adults find it so hard just to ignore things as they would in day to day life.

Either way, it’s a no win situation for the mods and also an incredibly frustrating one to see as many posts about this poster as about the actual virus that has turned our worlds upside down.

4 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

People think that poster is bullied and others think he is protected by the mods. Neither of these is true. 

It still shocks me that adults find it so hard just to ignore things as they would in day to day life.

Either way, it’s a no win situation for the mods and also an incredibly frustrating one to see as many posts about this poster as about the actual virus that has turned our worlds upside down.

Because we rely on each other’s humility at such a time . It’s baffling when people are this selfish .... that’s what gets to people 

Unsurprisingly, the British and American media have gone full-scale doom-mongering. Much easier to get people in line when they're afraid.

Chaddys getting a bit of stick here.

However, as someone else who went to Cheltenham for most of the week, you have to remember the festival started on Tuesday. Looking back at the Bristol City match thread, not many people talk about the game getting called off. It’s hardly mentioned until the Wednesday. The EFL are still issuing a statement on Thursday evening (!) saying that they expect this weekends game to go ahead as planned !

The mood of the message board then changes during Thursday evening. A lot of people who were discussing teams and formations 2 days earlier are then saying it should be off and they wouldn’t attend. Some are saying they still will attend.  I’m not sure exactly when the game was finally called off, but the mood and perception changed a hell of a lot from the start of that week to Thursday evening, both on here and in the wider public.

I’d been in the cotswolds 3 days by that point !

Its almost written now that everyone that went to Cheltenham was a selfish bugger and did so against mounting evidence and advice. In fact, as far as official advice is concerned it was "continue as usual". Had football happened on Wednesday evening, the vast majority of fans would probably have attended as normal.

People congregating at Cheltenham then returning home was actually a bigger story in Ireland, as Bigdogsteel can probably testify, as they have always been about 5 or 6 days in front of us in the gradual lockdown.

Should it have gone ahead? Probably not in hindsight. But things changed a lot during that week, and the attempted shaming of those who attended is ridiculous and unfair, especially from people who looking back admitted they would go to the Bristol City game IF it went ahead.

Having said that, by law of probability there’s more chance you caught it at Cheltenham than off a foreign lorry driver Chaddy!

Edited by Hasta

Construction seems to be coming to an end, or at least probably will in the next wave of restrictions. Terribly sad times, a lot of these lads are self-employed and many will be facing months and months of hardship. I know a couple of single fathers for the smaller firms I've represented and this could be a death sentence to their companies and families. On a more selfish note it will also leave me with a barely built extension on the side, but at least we managed to get the roof on this weekend. I should be able to finish the rest myself but I don't think they'll allow distributors to be open, even for home delivery.

Had to bury my grandma today in a closed service - the priest shouldn't have done it as all mass was cancelled but my Nan was a devout catholic and wouldn't have forgave us if we didn't. A behind closed doors event with 10 people there when originally over 150 had said they would attend. A child is 2 months away too. It's heartbreaking when you say goodbye to one generation and hello to another under such rancid conditions. Unless we get a grip of this I don't know whether I'll be able to be at the birth. 

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

Such a crazy situation.

I assume we are going to dive out one crisis and into another, with a recession following this?

Inevitable i reckon.

Recession across the world's economies is effectively guaranteed at this point, regardless of how quickly the virus is brought under control. 

2 hours ago, Gav said:

The UK is full of selfish bastards Yoogo, thats the reason for the panic buying, thats also the reason why St Annes, Skeggy and Brighton are full of holiday makers, selfish bastards and to use Jims phrase from yesterday, as thick as mince.

I don't think Britain has people any more or less smart than any other country. You can see the Italians, Spanish, Germans, Americans etc are all as concerned about it from their own commentary on their populations behavoir as ours.

The issue is the government has not been clear in its advice and we have backed a more consensual - rather than direct - strategy for some reason.

1 hour ago, Amo said:

Unsurprisingly, the British and American media have gone full-scale doom-mongering. Much easier to get people in line when they're afraid.

Well it is an absolutely terrifying situation so I can't really see the harm in being up front about it.

Two photos taken this morning. London’s Tube and Stockholm’s Underground. That’s why complete lockdown is on its way (and should have been enforced two weeks ago).

1D17660E-B704-47C8-880C-04D4335CA95F.jpeg

3835C24A-AB70-4319-9C1D-D1FAC6A6F963.jpeg