20 minutes ago, Inglorious basturk said:

I went to Aldi whitebirk at 8 am these things were in place but it was all very civilised if a little strange and the shop was plentiful 

I’ve always found Asda to be the main degenerates store on the best of days anyway 

I went aldi at Whitebirk yesterday and it was similar, no queue to get in and limited to one person in per group, no huge shortages either 

This was lunch time 

49 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Just been to Asda for the weekly shop and it was a very unpleasant experience.

The measures introduced of limited numbersi n the store and having to stand 2m apart led to huge queues right round the car park and turned what could have been a quick in and out into a few hours of a job. Asda had better hope the policy of standing 2m apart is not proven to be ineffective as the measures are ensuring that the maximum number of people are congregating together for the longest possible period of time.

Once inside it seems the wheel has turned full circle as the nasty unpleasant and inconsiderate behaviour seemed to be reserved to those who were being over anal about the regulations and complaining about people who had come within slightly less than 2m of them either unwittingly or because it wasn't physically possible to maintain that separation on occasion. Security and staff were barking at people who were generally trying to do their best but occasionally hadn't noticed  which markings tthey were meant to be stood behind as well.

What a nightmare this Country has become in less than seven days. The media and Government have completely brainwashed the population into a state of complete paranoia and madness.

You survived Rev. Be grateful.

10 minutes ago, philipl said:

Not for the first time, Andrew Neil peddling fake news (very sadly in this case because I really wish for all our sakes he were right)

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/coronavirus-pandemic-neil-ferguson-did-not-walk-back-covid-19-predictions/

He actually is spreading it,isn't he? Not sure about this one ,but I have noticed him do it a few times. I would really have expected better from him.  

Pretty well confirmed now, smokers are 4 times more likely to die of Covid 19 than non-smokers.

Quick back-of-the-fag packet calculation: assume you have a 30% chance of getting coronavirus this year, that smokers' death rate is 4% compared to non-smokers' 1%, so quitting smoking now will save you a 1% risk of coronavirus death this year.

But about 10% of smokers get lung cancer eventually, compared to very few non-smokers, and lung cancer has about a 66% death rate, so it'll save you a 6.6% chance of death by lung cancer. Honestly, coronavirus shouldn't even figure into your calculations here.

But since you are panicking about coronavirus right now, you might as well use it as motivation to STOP SMOKING. Smokers' lungs start to heal as soon as one month after quitting - so quit now.

25 minutes ago, philipl said:

All credit to Johnson for walking the talk.

He called for herd immunity and went and caught it himself.

If Boris really has it I will plait sawdust.

Public "lead by example" stunt.

Matt Hancock has it now. These guys are telling us all how to avoid it.

35 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

If Boris really has it I will plait sawdust.

Public "lead by example" stunt.

I look forward to the finished article.

Him and Matt Hancock now have it....

I have just seen Johnson's interview of today and he has his suit, shirt and tie on and looks clean shaven. If the symptoms of high temperature and dry cough are correct and I had them the last thing I would want to do is shave and get dressed in a shirt and tie.

Bright House going into administration, I feel sorry for the staff, but the company trades on ripping people off, good riddance. 

11 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I have just seen Johnson's interview of today and he has his suit, shirt and tie on and looks clean shaven. If the symptoms of high temperature and dry cough are correct and I had them the last thing I would want to do is shave and get dressed in a shirt and tie.

For loads of people you can have it and get virtually zero symptoms but you can still spread it. It's why it's so dangerous.

52 minutes ago, den said:

You survived Rev. Be grateful.

So does almost  without exception everyone else in reasonable health. Dont be so dramatic.

Just for clarification, I'm not certain if I've had it I'm assuming so as I was I'll with some identical symptoms. I am in the fortunate position of working as normal (for the time being at least) which unlike most people means I can at least get out of the house.

I come in close proximity with a variety of people including nurses who work at the hospital. If I haven't already had the virus then my chances of contracting t will be extremely high but I couldn't care less - unless I have an underlying health condition I am unaware of then the chances of it proving serious are extremely  low. 

All life involves risk. If you're in good health and aren't carrying on as normal them there's almost no point getting out of bed in the morning, you might walk over the door and get hit by a bus. If I was that incredibly unlucky to be part of the 1%or 2% (or is it more like 0.01% when people who've had it already are counted) for whom it proves fatal then so be it, my number was up. I might also get hit by lightning next time there's a storm. I wouldn't think any differently, you can't live your life ruled by fear based on a very small risk of something bad happening. It's all about risk assessment.

1 hour ago, Inglorious basturk said:

I went to Aldi whitebirk at 8 am these things were in place but it was all very civilised if a little strange and the shop was plentiful 

I’ve always found Asda to be the main degenerates store on the best of days anyway 

Good to know, thanks to everyone for the positive reviews on Aldi.

Yes but your getting run over by a bus or whatever doesnt spread to others.its for the benefit of those less healthy than us that we're being asked not to take unnecessary risks.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I actually think he's looked terrible all week but I put it down to the stress of making decisions he wasnt comfortable with.

Strange that given the hysteria surrounding the virus, everyone seems remarkably unconcerned about the welfare of Boris and Charles. Maybe we know they're only suffering from a mild illness that they''ll both recover from in a few days.

Oooh er hang on.......

Edited by RevidgeBlue

4 hours ago, Mike E said:

No, but now you mention it, that is also complete BS. COVID-19's nearest relatives are harmless to humans or simply don't cross over, indicating a fluke of biology/evolution.

So delicate is genetic engineering that if you were going to engineer a virus as biological warfare, you wouldn't start with one that causes no harm at all. You'd start with one that already causes harm and make it deadly, surely?

Explained more comprehensively here:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/the-new-coronavirus-was-not-genetically-engineered-study-shows

What I have read after being sent it from best friend is certain a good theory about it being man made. I can understand why people believe it. 

3 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

The 'experts' have already admitted mistakes were made in the original modelling. Why do you need to bring it up in practically every single post you quote Chaddy on?

Chaddy didn't make the mistakes, the boffins down in the medial schools and universities of London did and they've admitted it, acted on it and our course changed.

I haven't seen any his posts to me since I returned after my 2 days ban. He said last week he was putting on the ignore list. Clearly hasn't. 

25 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Did he not just wear the suit and tie for video? 

I have shave every couple of days. Cant stand facial hair. 

People on here were also giving it large about how bad BJ looked, Rev. Now he's "not looking bad enough".

Can't do right from wrong.

22 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

For loads of people you can have it and get virtually zero symptoms but you can still spread it. It's why it's so dangerous.

Bojo said he has a temperature and a cough.

He wouldn't be tested when Nadine Dorries tested positive, that was on the 11th.

19 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

That's the biggest problem with this virus. The vast majority who do get it will be fine, but it's the odd one that isn't - and that odd one may get it from someone who has no idea that they have it. Medical staff are at a much higher risk, especially if they don't have the right gear.

Once it's all over there will be lots of stories on the high death rate, stated at around 1% at the moment. I reckon that is far too high as it doesn't count those who had it and never showed symptoms or those who had symptoms but were never tested (Chaddy is an example of this).

5 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Yes but your getting run over by a bus or whatever doesnt spread to others.its for the benefit of those less healthy than us that we're being asked not to take unnecessary risks.

Yes, but that argument is now completely invalid now that the elderly and vulnerable have been isolated.

Do you think people involved somewhere along the food chain that go out to work with no thought for their own well being so that you can eat are taking unnecessary risks as well?

I'm sick to death of reading about people sat at home moaning that people who are going out to work to provide a vital service for others are stood slightly so close to others or whatever. The Crisis has made people so nasty and intolerant its untrue.

3 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

That's the biggest problem with this virus. The vast majority who do get it will be fine, but it's the odd one that isn't - and that odd one may get it from someone who has no idea that they have it. Medical staff are at a much higher risk, especially if they don't have the right gear.

Once it's all over there will be lots of stories on the high death rate, stated at around 1% at the moment. I reckon that is far too high as it doesn't count those who had it and never showed symptoms or those who had symptoms but were never tested (Chaddy is an example of this).

Ya ,it's a sneaky fucker of a virus ,isn't it? Tricks people into thinking they are ok or that will be ok if they get it. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yes, but that argument is now completely invalid now that the elderly and vulnerable have been isolated.

Do you think people involved somewhere along the food chain that go out to work with no thought for their own well being so that you can eat are taking unnecessary risks as well?

I'm sick to death of reading about people sat at home moaning that people who are going out to work to provide a vital service for others are stood slightly so close to others or whatever. The Crisis has made people so nasty and intolerant its untrue.

I know someone who is extremely ill with COVID-19 symptoms, usually a healthy person with no underlying symptoms. He was taken to hospital by ambulance then sent home due to overcrowding, they didn't even have a blanket spare for him while he was waiting. He came home feeling worse. The only people who could care for him were his elderly parents who both have underlying health issues so they've had to stick him in the spare room.

So that's your elderly and vulnerable being isolated for you.

Edited by booth

19 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'm not madly keen on isolation myself either and I'm a bit of a cynic about it all but I'm not having anyone elses illness on my conscience.