BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Middlesbrough (A) - Match Thread

Expect a loss, why? Because like last January window management has shown the players their lack of ambition.  If management can't be bothered why should the players, will be their mindset.  I expect a severe drop off just like last year.

6 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Expecting nothing but a complete reverse of form, based on the chaotic / idiotic / demoralizing / weird shennanigans in the no-transfer window. That debacle has been unsettling enough for those of us on the outside of the club to cause meltdowns and angst on a Brexitstential level, so goodness knows what the effect will have been on the lads in blue n white....

Boro buoyed by incoming signings and home advantage to do a number on us. That number, for me, is a scoreline of 3-0 to Boro.

We're so sh!t it's unbelievable!

giphy.gif

Great minds and all that.

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

according to my source the argument was settled outside the hotel last night when tony got fed up of the bickering he ordered the agitants to sort it on the hotel lawn,it was like a royal rumble by all accounts,a few windows smashed and the bar minus a few pint glasses

You are joking of course. What happened to the great team spirit we keep hearing about ?

What's frustrating is we should be coming into this game in high spirits full of hope after a couple of welcome additions to the squad and a few points off the playoffs after two good wins in a row. Instead the game feels clad in a sense of futility knowing it's extremely unlikely we will now have enough in the tank to get over that finish line at season's end, even if we win today.

Hopefully the players feel more resolve than many of us do though, and get the win today regardless. It's their job after all.

39 minutes ago, Amo said:

Bennett looked dead on his feet coming off the bench the other week, surely he won’t start this one?

...right?

Nope, but I doubt Mowbray will get much credit.

We basically play all the young players the fans want, Smallwood, Williams, Mulgrew, Bennett have all been sidelined.

It's odd people keep harping on about this.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Glad that Rankin Costello starts but not seeing that many goals in the team. Dont get how Gallagher can start again on the wing, we can have Samuel and Brereton (as well as Graham who actually is useful) on the bench and Chapman doesnt make the squad.

Yeah, I'd have had Chapman on instead of either Brererton or Samuel. Maybe he got out pointed in the fight ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Glad that Rankin Costello starts but not seeing that many goals in the team. Dont get how Gallagher can start again on the wing, we can have Samuel and Brereton (as well as Graham who actually is useful) on the bench and Chapman doesnt make the squad.

Same side bar Rothwell that scored 5 against Weds ??

13 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Nope, but I doubt Mowbray will get much credit.

We basically play all the young players the fans want, Smallwood, Williams, Mulgrew, Bennett have all been sidelined.

It's odd people keep harping on about this.

You don't get credit just for not picking Bennett against all logic. Especially when he looked painfully lethargic last time out.

Happy with the lineup though. I mean, except Bell, but we don't have an option, and Gallagher where we do have options but none Tony is going to use. He does need to persevere with his 5 million pound lad (not mocking, he really does after BBgate). Down to the lads now.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 4