BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Middlesbrough (A) - Match Thread

1 minute ago, Roverthechimp said:

Not popular opinion but Bennett was the best option available on the bench IMO.

Which is exactly why we needed to strengthen in January. And last Summer. And last January.

The fact that after all this time, two managers after his signing, Bennett is still our best option is utterly criminal, and grounds alone for relieving Mowbray of his duties.

4 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

I mentioned Ki Seung-yeung (spelling) released from Newcastle yesterday. Wasn't sure that we needed that position, and probably somebody who Mowbray thinks is too old and not saleable afterwards, but... could be worth a punt if he knows he'll get game time. *Puts on tin hat* He might be out of our league, though. He'll have richer suitors than us.

Someone said he was on 60k a week before his release. So probably well out of our league.

7 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

I think Brereton might be more useful on the right wing Gallagher. Certainly deserves a shot, Gallagher is embarrassing out there 

I think you've maybe forgotten how bad Brereton is? I think this is a case of absence makes the heart grow fonder. At least Gallagher has a little pace, a strong work ethic, a modicum of skill now and again, and is better in the air than Brereton. Absolutely shouldn't be playing on the wing either, but definitely better than BB.

22 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Defence and midfield look knackered to me. They did in the last match. Are these foreign training camps in the space of eight days really worth it?

I always think they are a stupid idea. Whenever I go away during the winter, I feel freezing and cheesed off when I'm home. 

We are lacking energy and fight again today and can't get a foot on the ball.  Praying for a scabby win.