BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Middlesbrough (A) - Match Thread

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

it`s a difficult place to play middlesborough,a point is a good achievement

Boring how we dropped back and invited an average team to run us ragged. Had it not been for Walton's worldie and Rudy missing a sitter it would have been same old same old.

We're not going down. The game became more about Tony T's pride in the last 20, and it almost cost us, almost.

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

point simply not good enough.

wasted opportunity that with other scores. Must beat Fulham or we will be going backwards again.

That is clearly the plan, head back to mid to lower table obscurity, and sell the crown jewels in the summer. 

Going nowhere

• Like 2

Just now, Hasta said:

Eh? There is one post which says Walton cocked up for their goal.

There are 3 posts praising him for a wonderful save.

Im sure sometimes people just imagine a torrent of negativity on here 

Imagine the negativity? 

Must be that ya. A real positive place to be sure. 

Ha ha 

Closer to 1st than the relegation places 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Fabulous save from Walton from Gestede

I notice it's a lot quieter here when he does something good!

Disagree. Think Walton gets a lot of praise when he has done well (Wigan sticks in my mind.) He also gets a lot of stick when he does badly. 

Perhaps there would be more patience if he were a long term project but as it's a season long loan we need him consistently good now. 

As for the game didn't follow so can't massive comment. That said it seems to sum up our season - initially looking like a very promising score but ends up merely a decent result. 

• Like 3

Bennett and Graham were pointless subs. Only remembered Graham trying to cushion a header for Armstrong which he failed to control. Bennett is just a waste of space.

Walton earned us this point with that save. Gestede came on and has 2-3 very good chances to win the game for Boro. Still think its a very good point considering we lost our creative players Dack, Rothwell and Holtby.

Decent showing from JRC personally from me. Armstrong, Travis, Bell all had a good game. Gallagher worked hard (as usual).

Edited by yellowsubmarine
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Blue blood said:

Disagree. Think Walton gets a lot of praise when he has done well (Wigan sticks in my mind.) He also gets a lot of stick when he does badly. 

Perhaps there would be more patience if he were a long term project but as it's a season long loan we need him consistently good now. 

As for the game didn't follow so can't massive comment. That said it seems to sum up our season - initially looking like a very promising score but ends up merely a decent result. 

Agree regarding Walton ..at the end of the day he plays in a position where every save ..every error is crucial. Again ..theres no great keepers in this league ..upto the ten in front to make sure hes not put under constant pressure

Now if he d done a Raya like Raya did today ...point proven ..no great keepers.

10 minutes ago, Tom said:

Good point all in all, lost a bit of ground on the top 6 but it could have been a lot worse if not for some bad misses and good goalkeeping  

Don’t see the point in framing posts in this context. We’re never getting into the playoffs.

1 minute ago, darrenrover said:

Some folk have delusions of grandeur. A point away at 'Boro is always a decent result, irrespective.

The thing is, if we can only expect midtable then yes it’s a good point.

But if we aren’t trying to get into that top 6 then what is the point of the rest of the season.

We are almost bang on WDL form. It’s not enough.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Some folk have delusions of grandeur. A point away at 'Boro is always a decent result, irrespective.

I think that is 10 unbeaten at home for Boro now, so very decent point if probably a bit lucky.

The table would look a lot better if QPR had managed to equalise against Bristol after battering them in the 2nd half.

Just now, Stuart said:

The thing is, if we can only expect midtable then yes it’s a good point.

But if we aren’t trying to get into that top 6 then what is the point of the rest of the season.

We are almost bang on WDL form. It’s not enough.

Cmon Stuart a little credit due.  Top of the form table after the last 12 games ..we re making a fist of it . As pointed out yesterday WBA had no wins in 7 ..

Unbelievable Walton save- first worldy I can think of him pulling off.

Saved us a point.

We were more than decent first half but those injury breaks seemed to affect our rhythm more than Boro's.

In the end got to be thankful for bad misses by Gestede and Assombolonga.

Those 6 points to 6th are going to take a lot of overhauling especially if Holtby is out for any time. Lenihan got a late booking so he must be close to a suspension.

Too often Nyambe had the chance to rip forward but checked back- horrible feeling it was Mowbray's orders despite the Boro' back 3 formation making Nyambe running past the midfield the obvious thing to do.

• Like 1

With nobody coming in why ? his a draw a bad result i'm very happy with a point  today. Holtby injured  Lenihan limping at end, Bennett comes on and plays has a number ten ? Gallagher on wing i feel for the lad how's he going to score  goals from the wing  but we still got a draw. TM your a clown but where stuck with you playoffs not a chance   

• Like 1

• Backroom
22 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Oh would you stop, more than 1 said it and you know yourself he gets unfair criticism. 

Humour me then, quote those posts, there’s 1, literally 1 that I can see

He’s had his share of criticism but he’s a keeper, mistakes lead to goals and that gets highlighted, look at Raya today 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1